• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1 Corinthians 7:12: (I, not the Lord)

David Davidovich

His personal viewpoint derived by logic or the applying of spiritual principles but no directly from Jesus

Is there an apt reason as to why he would do this since most people reading and following his writings are expecting his message to be coming from God?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Is there an apt reason as to why he would do this since most people reading and following his writings are expecting his message to be coming from God?
Of course, we are speaking hypothetically here since we can't ask him. :)

IMO, it gives it more veracity when someone is transparent enough to state the truth. If the Holy Spirit was moving on him, wouldn't the Holy Spirit cause him to write that it indeed was his viewpoint?

Additionally, everything that is written may be truthfully said, but not everything that is said is truth. Like when Job wrote "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away"... he truly said it but that doesn't make it truth.

Regardless, as I read it, it sounds like it is truth.

Another statement that I find interesting is Acts 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; as if being "good to us" was a requirement. :D

David Davidovich

Of course, we are speaking hypothetically here since we can't ask him. :)

IMO, it gives it more veracity when someone is transparent enough to state the truth. If the Holy Spirit was moving on him, wouldn't the Holy Spirit cause him to write that it indeed was his viewpoint?

Well, hypothetically speaking.