• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

1,000 year-old Native American carvings

pearl

AAX2lRc.img

A scientific study has uncovered massive, ghostly figures carved into the ceiling of an Alabama cave more than 1,000-years ago.
Discovering ancient cave art using 3D photogrammetry: pre-contact Native American mud glyphs from 19th
Unnamed Cave, Alabama | Antiquity | Cambridge Core

Discovering ancient cave art using 3D photogrammetry: pre-contact Native American mud glyphs from 19th

The figures, three of which were humanoid in shape, are among the biggest ever uncovered in the Northern Americas. Some are more than 6ft long per a study presenting the findings published in the peer-reviewed journal Antiquity on Tuesday.

• One of the earliest mentions of giants in the Bible is found in Genesis14. Genesis14 does not reveal that the Rephaim, Zuzim, Emim, or Amorites were giants, but this information can be found in other places.

Audie

Veteran Member
AAX2lRc.img

A scientific study has uncovered massive, ghostly figures carved into the ceiling of an Alabama cave more than 1,000-years ago.

The figures, three of which were humanoid in shape, are among the biggest ever uncovered in the Northern Americas. Some are more than 6ft long per a study presenting the findings published in the peer-reviewed journal Antiquity on Tuesday.

• One of the earliest mentions of giants in the Bible is found in Genesis14. Genesis14 does not reveal that the Rephaim, Zuzim, Emim, or Amorites were giants, but this information can be found in other places.
So you consider it evidence of real giants.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
AAX2lRc.img

I don't get the reference to Genesis. Though the figures may be large, that just means the size of the drawings, 6 feet in length, are some of the largest they've found. 6 foot is not a giant. I'm over 6 foot tall myself. :)

Besides, the size of the artwork, does not mean the its meant to be to scale. The statue of David is 17 feet tall. Davinci didn't mean to say David was one of those giants mentioned in Genesis.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I think that's interesting. I think it's possible that there were once giants roaming the North American continent and elsewhere. The early Native Americans could have experienced them firsthand. As a matter of fact, the Indigenous tribes have common legends that have been passed down through generations, like Bigfoot, Thunderbirds, and the Skinwalkers. Speaking of ancient Native American petroglyphs, another example of what the early Native Americans could have witnessed is displayed in the pictures below. They are Hopi petroglyphs showing "Star People" and their “flying shields” and a petroglyph at Legend Rock near Thermopolis, Wyoming.

star-people-1024x415.png

279917315_1894051340983164_3117314412233105570_n.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think that's interesting. I think it's possible that there were once giants roaming the North American continent and elsewhere. The early Native Americans could have experienced them firsthand. As a matter of fact, the Indigenous tribes have common legends that have been passed down through generations, like Bigfoot, Thunderbirds, and the Skinwalkers. Speaking of ancient Native American petroglyphs, another example of what the early Native Americans could have witnessed is displayed in the pictures below. They are Hopi petroglyphs showing "Star People" and their “flying shields” and a petroglyph at Legend Rock near Thermopolis, Wyoming.

star-people-1024x415.png

279917315_1894051340983164_3117314412233105570_n.jpg

People also have imaginations. Just because there is a drawing dosent make it actually real.

It could be embellished lore and legend.

Like Godzilla. ;0]

Audie

Veteran Member
You're welcome to believe as you wish. I, on the other hand, tend to believe that there's some truth in every lore and legend.

An example of the sort of " truth" you
have in mind?

Its true that people invent monsters in stories?

Its true there once were mermaids?

In Hong Kong we have stories of lo ting;
Columbus records two mermaids sighted
on his first voyage.

"Truth"?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
An example of the sort of " truth" you
have in mind?

Its true that people invent monsters in stories?

Its true there once were mermaids?

In Hong Kong we have stories of lo ting;
Columbus records two mermaids sighted
on his first voyage.

"Truth"?

Are you aware that the giant squid was once considered nothing more than the mythical Kraken in stories told by sailors until this creature was discovered to be real? But hold onto your bootstraps, because this magnificent creature isn't the only mythical creature that turned out to be real: Top 10 Cryptids That Turned Out to be Real. Based on this fact, I think it's quite possible that these mythical creatures could have existed or could exist today, even though they haven't been discovered by man yet, and I've given a reasonable example of the giant squid. Another reason why I believe that it's possible is that there are many animals that were once thought to be extinct until they were discovered to still be alive. Lastly, all the centuries of eyewitness accounts of these mythical creatures are another reason why I believe they could exist. For these reasons, I won't dismiss the possibility that these creatures may exist today.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Are you aware that the giant squid was once considered nothing more than the mythical Kraken in stories told by sailors until this creature was discovered to be real? But hold onto your bootstraps, because this magnificent creature isn't the only mythical creature that turned out to be real: Top 10 Cryptids That Turned Out to be Real. Based on this fact, I think it's quite possible that these mythical creatures could have existed or could exist today, even though they haven't been discovered by man yet, and I've given a reasonable example of the giant squid. Another reason why I believe that it's possible is because there are many animals that were once thought to be extinct until they were discovered to still be alive. Lastly, all the centuries of eyewitness accounts of these mythical creatures are another reason why I believe they could exist. For these reasons, I won't dismiss the possibility of their existence. Would you care to give your best guess as to what the unusual creatures are in these videos caught on CCTV cameras? What do you think they are?

iTbO
I majored in marine biology. I know about squid.

I also can recognize cut n paste.

None of your so called cryptids are remotely analogous to woo woo beings as in that faked up vid.

If woo amuse yoo, fine.

Getting carried away thinking its real
can be risky. The world is full of scammers
looking for the credulous.

C Columbus sailors eyecwitness account-
Mermaids.
And here we have tales of lo ting,
half human, half fish.

You figure that mean there very well could
be real live mermaids?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I majored in marine biology. I know about squid.

I also can recognize cut n paste.

None of your so called cryptids are remotely analogous to woo woo beings as in that faked up vid.

If woo amuse yoo, fine.

Getting carried away thinking its real
can be risky. The world is full of scammers
looking for the credulous.

C Columbus sailors eyecwitness account-
Mermaids.
And here we have tales of lo ting,
half human, half fish.

You figure that mean there very well could
be real live mermaids?

You're welcome to believe as you wish, Audie. For the record, I don't know anything about Christopher Columbus' account of seeing mermaids, and I don't know anything about the Lo Ting either. I've never researched either one before. But the one thing I do know is that I obviously can't convince you to believe in these creatures, and you can't convince me to stop believing. So, I don't see any point in continuing this discussion. I know from years of experience that arguing with skeptics isn't a productive way to spend my time.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
AAX2lRc.img

Pearl, thank you for posting this information. IMO, it's interesting. I always find stories like this very intriguing.

Audie

Veteran Member
You're welcome to believe as you wish, Audie. For the record, I don't know anything about Christopher Columbus' account of seeing mermaids, and I don't know anything about the Lo Ting either. I've never researched either one before. But the one thing I do know is that I obviously can't convince you to believe in these creatures, and you can't convince me to stop believing. So, I don't see any point in continuing this discussion. I know from years of experience that arguing with skeptics isn't a productive way to spend my time.
Oh, i wasnt going to argue.
Though I dont agree that some common sense
makes me a " skeptic".
In the event,
Woo- believers have a wholly different mentality.

Happy sailing.