• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

0=2

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
apologies... i didn't see you'd quote MWT

Can you explain how it is drivel for perhaps you are wiser than I in math

Octavia156

OTO/EGC
i see it like this:

Out of nothing a Dualistic Universe exists.
We know its dualistic thus

All we KNOW for ABSOLUTE certain is that we are a ONE - one Eye if you will.
I KNOW 2 things - I am alive and I will die. first duality.

The next is that - If I am a One, unless i subscribe the belief im in the matrix or the liek.. I can say with almost absolute certianly that there are MANY other Ones.

One and "that which is not One is the Many.

If there is Many - then logic would suggest there must be an ALL.
AN aggregate of the Many: The sum total of all those EYEs

Applying the laws of duality to the concept of the ALL, there must be that which is Not-ALL = NONE

Thus 0=2. Nothing exists as much as Everything does.

Adept

It's kinda of a poor way of putting it. 0 = 2 has to do with the union of opposites, a +1 and -1 gets us zero. All reality is based on the union of opposites, and the equation of 0 = 2 is an attempt to show that this union of opposites stems from Nothing. "God" is not dualistic not One, but nothing. Ironically this is kind of a type of dualism AND monotheism :p

I like the statement that nothing exists just as much as everything does.

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
It's kinda of a poor way of putting it. 0 = 2 has to do with the union of opposites, a +1 and -1 gets us zero. All reality is based on the union of opposites, and the equation of 0 = 2 is an attempt to show that this union of opposites stems from Nothing. "God" is not dualistic not One, but nothing. Ironically this is kind of a type of dualism AND monotheism :p

I like the statement that nothing exists just as much as everything does.

Yeah, this is spot on.

There are similar concepts in both Hinduism and Theosophy (and in a more esoteric sense - Judaism/Christianity). Duality fuses to become the triad, which is infinite (and yet, nothing).

It is also ascent past the duality of the old Aeon and also the way in which the very same metaphorical triad of Thelema works (Nuit + Hadit = Ra-Hoor-Kuit)

Relevat B.O.L. quotes:

"God the Father and Mother is concealed in generation"
"Fatherhood is unity disguised as duality"

It's all very fascinating and the very same concept (as someone stated prior) applies back into sex magick/tantra.