• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“The world is ashes and the gods are a horror." --Bujold

ppp

IN the military it is understood that one should never give an order that one knows will not be obeyed. Now that SCROTUS is on your side what do you think will happen? Do you think that there are no provisions for underground railroads for abortions and the support of those in need? Do you think there will be compliance? Do you think there are enough police to enforce your will? When no one obeys, what will you do?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
IN the military it is understood that one should never give an order that one knows will not be obeyed. Now that SCROTUS is on your side what do you think will happen? Do you think that there are no provisions for underground railroads for abortions and the support of those in need? Do you think there will be compliance? Do you think there are enough police to enforce your will? When no one obeys, what will you do?

I think the SCOTUS simple put it back into the hands of the people. We all now get to decide the morals values we choose to enforce.
SCOTUS, "Now you are free to choose for yourself what laws to enforce"
The People, "How dare you put that responsibility in our hands!"

ppp

I think the SCOTUS simple put it back into the hands of the people. We all now get to decide the morals values we choose to enforce.
SCOTUS, "Now you are free to choose for yourself what laws to enforce"
The People, "How dare you put that responsibility in our hands!"
So, should we overturn civil rights and women's suffrage and abolition as well? Put them back in the hands of the people... As you so speciously phrase it? How about child labor laws?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
So, should we overturn civil rights and women's suffrage and abolition as well? Put them back in the hands of the people... As you so speciously phrase it? How about child labor laws?

Yes, well it is called democracy. How do you think we got rid of child labor laws in the first place?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Just a reminder, from the forum rules:

"6. Illegal Activities
Advocating or discussing personal engagement in illegal activities or criminal organizations (such as hate groups or terrorist groups) is prohibited in all areas of RF. Illegal activities are defined based on United States law, and include but are not limited to: drug use, theft, piracy, vandalism, and all violent crimes. Voicing opposition to illegal activities and criminal organizations, or debating changes to current criminal law, may be acceptable at the discretion of the RF staff."

ppp

"6. Illegal Activities
Advocating or discussing personal engagement in illegal activities or criminal organizations (such as hate groups or terrorist groups) is prohibited in all areas of RF. Illegal activities are defined based on United States law, and include but are not limited to: drug use, theft, piracy, vandalism, and all violent crimes. Voicing opposition to illegal activities and criminal organizations, or debating changes to current criminal law, may be acceptable at the discretion of the RF staff."
Did I cross that line?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Are you under the impression that we are a pure democracy? Or that we were ever intended to be? We are a constitutional republic and a liberal democracy. Do you know what those terms mean?

Yes, I would assume everyone here does so it doesn't have to be spelled out every time.

ppp

Yes, I would assume everyone here does so it doesn't have to be spelled out every time.
I am unconvinced that you do.
If you understood that, then you would understand that your statement "Yes, well it is called democracy." does not support your blythe dismissal of abolition, labor laws, suffrage, or civil rights. Each of which was a recognition that the so-called egalitarian principles of the constitution were only being applied to specific privileged groups. And that recognition has always been preceded by violence, usually initiated by the government through various enforcement agencies against the oppressed. It's a tale as old as time.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I am unconvinced that you do.
If you understood that, then you would understand that your statement "Yes, well it is called democracy." does not support your blythe dismissal of abolition, labor laws, suffrage, or civil rights. Each of which was a recognition that the so-called egalitarian principles of the constitution were only being applied to specific privileged groups. And that recognition has always been preceded by violence, usually initiated by the government through various enforcement agencies against the oppressed. It's a tale as old as time.

Sorry, you have no idea what I do or don't understand and I think you are making this a personal attack instead of a discussion. So hey, have a nice life.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Veteran Member

"6. Illegal Activities

What's your point?

ppp

Sorry, you have no idea what I do or don't understand and I think you are making this a personal attack instead of a discussion. So hey, have a nice life.
Well, I have some idea of what you do and don't know from how you choose and use words. Cause that's how words work. We are not a pure democracy and the constitution was specifically designed to mitigate some of the issues that come along with a pure democracy's proverbial tyranny of the majority or mob rule. When you say, "Yes, well it is called democracy," you are ignoring a very important safeguards that are supposed to be inherent to our governmental system.

If you feel that addressing those choices and their ramifications constitutes a personal attack...well, I cannot help how you feel.

ppp

When did that happen? Atheists are still a minority.
With the rise of the values of individual liberty, scientific reasoning, and religious tolerance, and the opposition to fixed religious dogma and monarchial governments.

You know. The Enlightenment.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Did you feel this way about the vaccine too?