• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“The Beatles: Get Back.”

pearl

I remember watching their debut on the Ed Sulivan Show. Looking forward to this presentation.

This past holiday weekend, you may have noticed a variant of the traditional Thanksgiving food coma taking hold of various family, friends and neighbors. This new condition—I’ll call it Beatles blackout—is characterized by fanatical attention to detailed dissections of the moods and utterances of four 20-something Liverpudlians over the course of 21 days in January 1969. Those suffering from this disorder, and I count myself among them, could be found firmly planted on the couch with their eyes glued to a screen watching (and rewatching) “The Beatles: Get Back.”
Directed by Peter Jackson, the Academy Award–winning filmmaker responsible for the maximalist “Lord of the Rings” and “Hobbit” trilogies, “Get Back” is a feat of technical mastery by virtue of its very existence. Jackson spent four years combing through 60 hours of 50-year-old film footage and over 150 hours of audio, and then employed state-of-the-art digital restoration techniques to assemble “Get Back.” Still, the film’s technical achievements are not all that surprising when you consider that Jackson and his team were also behind the innovative World War I documentary “They Shall Not Grow Old,” which transformed 100-year-old black-and-white war footage into vivid full-color cinema.

Think you know what the Beatles’ last days were like? Disney+’s ‘Get Back’ will shatter your assumptions. | America Magazine

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't and won't subscribe to Disney+ for this one show. I would have paid say 1/2 of the theater price to see it but given how all of the companies are all or none services (outside of one trial offer situations), I'll just sigh and go on.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
The Beatles: Get Back three-part docuseries premiered on Disney Plus for three consecutive nights on November 25-27. According to a network representative, it will be streaming for several weeks on the network. There's no official word yet whether it will be released on DVD, but it's widely speculated among Beatles' fans that it will be. As a true-blue Beatles' fan myself, I think this latest documentary of the Fab Four is phenomenal. It has deepened my respect and admiration for them, and that's saying something. If you're interested, here's the thread I started about it a couple of weeks ago, Peter Jackson's The Beatles: Get Back Docuseries.

Last edited: