• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Sweet tooth”

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I think most if not all of us have some kind of sweet tooth when it comes to the media we consume.
Whether that is YA fiction or exploitation films. I think we all have a certain genre or type of film/tv show/book etc that we love despite ourselves.
For me that’s shmaltzy movies (ie Second hand lions) and police dramas
Grew up watching the likes of NCIS, Law and order SVU, Criminal intent, Cold Case, Rizzoli and Isles, Waking the Dead, CSI Miami (Yeahhhhh!!!!!!) and The Closer.

Incidentally just picked up an anniversary edition of Barberella.

So what are yours?

Darkforbid

153828-nestle-carnation-condensed-milk-397g.jpg

Just downloaded season 1 of The Boys,,,

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
The high glicemic carbs are out. Coffee, chocolate, PBS, BBC, and NCIS are in.

. . .also Night Court, and The Wire

Cooky

Veteran Member
I think most if not all of us have some kind of sweet tooth when it comes to the media we consume.
Whether that is YA fiction or exploitation films. I think we all have a certain genre or type of film/tv show/book etc that we love despite ourselves.
Grew up watching the likes of NCIS, Law and order SVU, Criminal intent, Cold Case, Rizzoli and Isles, Waking the Dead, CSI Miami (Yeahhhhh!!!!!!) and The Closer.

So what are yours?

I'm all about the space shows on Nat. Geo. Like when One Strange Rock came out last year... Yeahhhhh!!!!!!

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Mine are horror flicks with graphic violence and gore. Lol. '80s horror b-movies are a big thing with me. My favorite movie, the Return of the Living Dead, falls into that category.

Darkforbid

So what are yours?

Barberella remake with Margot Robbie?

PureX

Veteran Member
I like the "assembled family" theme ensemble shows featuring women characters; The Fosters, Gilmore Girls, The L Word, Orange/New Black, etc.

I like Raymond Chandler novels (wrote old school private detective stories).

I like American folk music, old and new: from Peter, Paul, and Mary to the Be Good Tanyas.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

So what are yours?

I want to be surprised and not be able to guess all the outcomes for the main characters, so I change up often with the limited exception to horrors which I do infrequently and have only seen 2 I liked (Alien + Night of the living dead).

Last edited:

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
I used to be a massive fan of film noir as well as any underground experimental films I could find. Also a lot of Japanese B-movies and also a bit of Indian cinema. :cool: