• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Saving of Human Life”

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Any comments on the Chabbadnicks spike in Covid-19 in NYC because of the lack of social distancing and masks ? Any thoughts from the Fundies ?

“During the cholera epidemic in the 1840’s, Reb Yisroel Salanter ate in shul on Yom Kippur to encourage his congregants to eat and protect their health. He did this because the highest value in Judaism is pikuach nefesh, the saving of human life”.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
Hi Booger, you don’t believe masks reduce transmission of Covid? Do you think CDC is doing the most fearmongering ?

Btw, great username :).
I think covid is not as scary as we have been told. The only time I wear my mask is when I am at the store, because they won't allow me to enter the store without one. Some people wear them as soon as they leave their home. I saw two people jogging by the park wearing respirators.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Any comments on the Chabbadnicks spike in Covid-19 in NYC because of the lack of social distancing and masks ? Any thoughts from the Fundies ?

“During the cholera epidemic in the 1840’s, Reb Yisroel Salanter ate in shul on Yom Kippur to encourage his congregants to eat and protect their health. He did this because the highest value in Judaism is pikuach nefesh, the saving of human life”.
You seem to be equating any and all Ultra-Orthodox Jews as Lubavitcher Hasids and that isn’t the case.

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
I think covid is not as scary as we have been told. The only time I wear my mask is when I am at the store, because they won't allow me to enter the store without one. Some people wear them as soon as they leave their home. I saw two people jogging by the park wearing respirators.
You didn’t answer my question but since you are a booger it’s to be expected. I do the same with my mask. I also wear it if I’m in a crowd. There’s still a lot about this virus we don’t understand, but Donald Trump will explain it to us :).

Last edited:

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
You seem to be equating any and all Ultra-Orthodox Jews as Lubavitcher Hasids and that isn’t the case.
Thats the minor point, Big R. The major issue is why the OJ’s don’t socially distance and wear masks. If they believe it’s in G-d’s hands that’s a bit unrealistic, wouldn’t we say ?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
You didn’t answer my question but since you are a booger it’s to be expected. I do the same with my mask. I also wear it if I’m in a crowd. There’s still a lot about this virus we don’t understand, but Donald Trump will explain it to us :).
I believe more people will die of the flu than of corona.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
I believe more people will die of the flu than of corona.
The total flu deaths in the USA over the past 10 years stands at about 300,000. That, again, is the total over 10 years. COVID-19 has been responsible for over 200,000 USA deaths so far this year and we still have 2 1/2 months to go.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Thats the minor point, Big R. The major issue is why the OJ’s don’t socially distance and wear masks. If they believe it’s in G-d’s hands that’s a bit unrealistic, wouldn’t we say ?
What these folks are doing is irresponsible. They are putting themselves and others at risk. Piety should not be synonymous with stupidity.

It is important to remember, however, that the behavior of one group of people, or even several groups of people, in an area is not necessarily indicative of the behavior of everyone in the wider group everywhere.

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
The total flu deaths in the USA over the past 10 years stands at about 300,000. That, again, is the total over 10 years. COVID-19 has been responsible for over 200,000 USA deaths so far this year and we still have 2 1/2 months to go.
I stand corrected...
CDC

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
What these folks are doing is irresponsible. They are putting themselves and others at risk. Piety should not be synonymous with stupidity.

It is important to remember, however, that the behavior of one group of people, or even several groups of people, in an area is not necessarily indicative of the behavior of everyone in the wider group everywhere.
Although I agree its not right to generalize, I would say, generally, that OJ’s are not too logical. If they were, they would be social distancing and wearing masks. Je ne sais quoi ?

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Although I agree its not right to generalize, I would say, generally, that OJ’s are not too logical. If they were, they would be social distancing and wearing masks. Je ne sais quoi ?
I would say you need to get out more. You seem unable to recognize the differences between Haredi and more modern Orthodox Jews.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

And now that it's getting colder, the number of deaths are spiking up again.