• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Jews are behind the pandemic,” chant crowd at Polish anti-vaccine protest

exchemist

Veteran Member
Exactly. Let's not start labelling all Poles or Catholics as antisemites.

But we should recognise that extreme right wing views are being peddled, and are gaining some traction, pretty much everywhere right now. As a cautionary tale, the lesson from Poland - and elsewhere - should not be ignored.
Yes, the far right is on the move in many countries, it's true. Poland's government - from the unimprovably named "Pis" party - is already undermining the judiciary. I was delighted to see that Donald Tusk is returning to Polish domestic politics. If anyone can stop the rot, it will be someone like him.

RestlessSoul

Yes, the far right is on the move in many countries, it's true. Poland's government - from the unimprovably named "Pis" party - is already undermining the judiciary. I was delighted to see that Donald Tusk is returning to Polish domestic politics. If anyone can stop the rot, it will be someone like him.

I don’t know much about Polish politics, but Tusk is a man who always seems to conduct himself with dignity and diplomacy. So let’s hope.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Within Catholicism and Reformed churches there has been a history of anti-Semitism, not Evangelical Christianity.

I should add that those who believe in replacement theology or Christian Identity are usually anti-Semitic, too.
All of Christianity - from its early days in the Roman Empire up to the modern day - shares a long and sordid history of antisemitism, to the point where one could argue that these sentiments are baked into Christian (or, rather, Christianized and Europeanized) culture.

InChrist

Free4ever
All of Christianity - from its early days in the Roman Empire up to the modern day - shares a long and sordid history of antisemitism, to the point where one could argue that these sentiments are baked into Christian (or, rather, Christianized and Europeanized) culture.
I have to disagree with the “all of Christianity” shares a history of antisemitism because the first Christians were Jews. Those who are born again believers in Jesus Christ cannot be, nor have been anti-Semitic because God loves the Jewish people and has chosen them for His purpose through history. A true believer loves those whom God loves. As well as the fact that Jesus was Jewish.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I have to disagree with the “all of Christianity” shares a history of antisemitism because the first Christians were Jews. Those who are born again believers in Jesus Christ cannot be, nor have been anti-Semitic because God loves the Jewish people and has chosen them for His purpose through history. A true believer loves those whom God loves. As well as the fact that Jesus was Jewish.
The history of the relationship between Christianity and Jewish people has been two millenia of ceaseless persecution. Christians started attacking Jewish communities even before they became the dominant religion of the Roman Empire. Once they had imperial protection, they would immediately turn to persecute Jews worse than the pagan Romans before them.

You may want to disavow these people, and I can understand the underlying sentiment, but it is a sad but undeniable fact that a vast - and politically dominant - number of Christians engaged in acts of antisemitism throughout two millenia of Christian history.

InChrist

Free4ever
The history of the relationship between Christianity and Jewish people has been two millenia of ceaseless persecution. Christians started attacking Jewish communities even before they became the dominant religion of the Roman Empire. Once they had imperial protection, they would immediately turn to persecute Jews worse than the pagan Romans before them.

You may want to disavow these people, and I can understand the underlying sentiment, but it is a sad but undeniable fact that a vast - and politically dominant - number of Christians engaged in acts of antisemitism throughout two millenia of Christian history.
I agree that when Christianity becomes politicized, then persecution ensues. That is what happened with the political/ religious Catholic Church and the persecution included many others, as well as Jews and other Christians. Though there is a long history of anti-Semitic persecution on the part of institutional/political “Christianity”, that is not representative of true born again believers in Christ, nor His gospel. You may be interested in this book, if you like reading...

$_1.JPG

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I agree that when Christianity becomes politicized, then persecution ensues. That is what happened with the political/ religious Catholic Church and the persecution included many others, as well as Jews and other Christians. Though there is a long history of anti-Semitic persecution on the part of institutional/political “Christianity”, that is not representative of true born again believers in Christ, nor His gospel. You may be interested in this book, if you like reading...
$_1.JPG
If you want to purge your version of Christianity of antisemitism, you would have to start with, at least, Paul of Tarsus (a Romanized Jew turned anti-Jewish advocate).

InChrist

Free4ever
If you want to purge your version of Christianity of antisemitism, you would have to start with, at least, Paul of Tarsus (a Romanized Jew turned anti-Jewish advocate).
I suggest you read Romans 11, in the Bible. Paul was not anti-Jewish. He was against Judaism and religious bondage and for freedom and grace in Jesus Christ the Messiah foretold by the prophets. He loved his Jewish brethren.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I suggest you read Romans 11, in the Bible. Paul was not anti-Jewish. He was against Judaism and religious bondage and for freedom and grace in Jesus Christ the Messiah foretold by the prophets. He loved his Jewish brethren.
Antijudaism was the early form of antisemitism, before Christian Europeans in the early 19th century came up with racial, "scientific" antisemitism. There is no evidence that he "loved his Jewish brethren", and plenty that he didn't care very much about them.

InChrist

Free4ever
Antijudaism was the early form of antisemitism, before Christian Europeans in the early 19th century came up with racial, "scientific" antisemitism. There is no evidence that he "loved his Jewish brethren", and plenty that he didn't care very much about them.
I disagree. I was raised Catholic, but I don’t hate Catholic people. Most of my extended family are Catholics whom I love. I only grieve that they are caught in religious bondage like Paul did for the Jews bound under the laws they could never fully, nor perfectly keep. I am not denying that anti-Semitism has been a real and major issue throughout history perpetuated by various groups, including organized Christianity, but to be anti-Semitic is a sin. The Catholic Church and most Popes were were notoriously anti-Semitic. Even Martin Luther expressed some pretty vile anti-Semitism. No true Christian who is submitted to Christ can be against the Jews. From my perspective anti-Semitism is inspired by directly by satan.
Paul loved and grieved for his Jewish brethren, notice verse 2 and 3...

I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, 2 that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, 4 who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; 5 of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. Romans 9:1-5

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
More like the New York of Europe. Jews and attack more often in New York than in Alabama.
I do believe the comment was about general racism and not specifically antisemitism. It is pretty hard to have organized antisemitism when there are almost no Jews to speak of.