• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Jews are behind the pandemic,” chant crowd at Polish anti-vaccine protest

danieldemol

Premium Member
Well good luck with that :D

I think they will have a pretty hard time making people believe that.
I hope so, but they seem to have their own political party so maybe they are having more luck than is desirable.

exchemist

Veteran Member
'At yesterday’s event, a man leading chanting through a megaphone asked the crowd: “We know who is behind this whole ‘plandemic’ and who rules the world, right?” In response, someone shouted “Jews”, and the man replied, “Of course it’s the Jews”.

The crowd then chanted together: “Every Pole can see today that behind the ‘plandemic’ are the Jews” (Dzisiaj każdy Polak widzi, że za plandemią stoją Żydzi).'

Source: "Jews are behind the pandemic," chant crowd at Polish anti-vaccine protest

Looks like some of the far-right in Poland are scapegoating the Jews for coranavirus completely in the face of contrary scientific evidence.
One needs to keep in mind that an antivaxxer protest will bring the craziest people out of the woodwork. It tells you little about real popular sentiment in the country.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Is there someone who can explain to me what the difference is between an irrational fear the Jews are taking over the world and say for example a paranoid delusion?

I suppose it would take a psychiatrist to answer my question but I can't help but wonder

Meh, I'm not going to claim to be a psychiatrist. But I majored in psych, and my wife works in the field. Mostly she agreed with this, but I get the impression she's 'dumbing things down' a little for my benefit.

In any case, a paranoid delusion is commonly coupled with auditory or visual 'evidence'. Someone suffering from a delusion will commonly have their fears confirmed or exacerbated by these, and will believe that an external source is providing them with information or insight others are unaware of. 'Voices in their head' may be safeguarding them information about something, for example. There are various organic and inorganic sources for these delusions, but in simple terms it's the sufferers own delusions providing the 'evidence' or fuel.

Irrational fear is less a clinical diagnosis, and more just a fear held despite a lack of evidence, or contrary evidence. These are commonly exacerbated by external sources, rather than internal ones. Demagogues make a career out of identifying and targeting these fears, and using them to unite disparate groups.

Common usage of 'paranoia', 'delusion' and 'irrational fear' might well mean the concepts all blend and blur in a colloquial sense. Also, there is nothing to say someone can't be suffering from an irrational fear brought on my their delusions. Just that not everyone experiencing irrational fears do so for reasons of delusion.

Eg. I used to be irrationally afraid of heights. No idea why. Over time I worked on this and was able to get past it. At no point was this related to a delusion.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
'At yesterday’s event, a man leading chanting through a megaphone asked the crowd: “We know who is behind this whole ‘plandemic’ and who rules the world, right?” In response, someone shouted “Jews”, and the man replied, “Of course it’s the Jews”.

The crowd then chanted together: “Every Pole can see today that behind the ‘plandemic’ are the Jews” (Dzisiaj każdy Polak widzi, że za plandemią stoją Żydzi).'

Source: "Jews are behind the pandemic," chant crowd at Polish anti-vaccine protest

Looks like some of the far-right in Poland are scapegoating the Jews for coranavirus completely in the face of contrary scientific evidence.

Well...Polish Catholicism is highly conservative, and entwined with politics.
Grzegorz Braun is worth googling, if you want an example of the impact this has had on their mainstream politics.

There are also uniquely Polish issues, like land restitution. Jewish lands were commonly confiscated by the Communist state rather than passing down to survivors of the Nazi occupation. Attempts to restore that land to Jewish families has been somewhat controversial.

Ultimately, this was a small protest, and all nations have their kooks. But more broadly, it's hard to deny there is a somewhat open current of anti-semitism in some elements of Polish society, including some in power.

Brian2

Veteran Member

What are we going to do about those Jews? And they have the commies on their side too.

RestlessSoul

One needs to keep in mind that an antivaxxer protest will bring the craziest people out of the woodwork. It tells you little about real popular sentiment in the country.

Exactly. Let's not start labelling all Poles or Catholics as antisemites.

But we should recognise that extreme right wing views are being peddled, and are gaining some traction, pretty much everywhere right now. As a cautionary tale, the lesson from Poland - and elsewhere - should not be ignored.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

It's been like that since medieval times. Even the bubonic plague was believed to have been caused by the Jews. Some are still stuck at those times.

Ciao

- viole

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Actually I just checked my surname’s genealogy and they migrated to Ireland from England and Scotland. So even my family have some Scottish in them.

Yerda

Veteran Member
Other countries with far right majorities: What happened to pinning it all on China? C'mon to hell, Poland. We had our story straight.

How impressive is the idea of 'Jews' in the heads of these clowns? There is nothing that they can't do. An entire nation of MacGyvers, who with nothing more than a paperclip and a web browser can start a war on Mars.

If aliens ever landed on Earth these people would be like, "We don't want none of yer Jew-controlled billion-year-old advanced intergalactic empires here, no thank you!"