• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Console wars”

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Yep I have an account at steam and everything. It's not like good the old days one could go to a store and find PC titles on the racks anymore.

I'm pretty happy with Steam although I think they should do something about all the garbage shovelware games they got out there. That aspect is downright irritating when you're trying to wade through that crap trying to find a gem.

I accumulated a massive collection of shovelware from free key giveaways before they clamped down on that. Steam has a pretty good filter system to find the good stuff. You can search by reviews, price, genre, community suggested description tags, etc.

I recommend checking out the subreddit for free steam games. Not games that are always free, but limited time giveaways. It's easy enough to find. I'd link it but I was told it's a rule violation. Can get same pretty good game albeit older ones. For example, a company might offer an older title on steam for a few days to promote a new game. However, if the giveaway is a shady Russian website offering a product key in exchange for liking, subscribing, retweeting, sharing **** on social media, it's likely garbage shovelware, lol. Humblebundle will on rare occasions have key giveaways, but that's a well known and trustworthy charity site that doesn't require any social media crap.

Last edited:

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Always have to go PS imo.

For common games there is minimal difference, but PS has always had by far the superior exclusive titles.

Worth it for the next God of War game alone.
See this is where I’m always at as a gamer. I don’t have much brand loyalty (though my first owned console was a PS1, so there is the nostalgia.) But PS exclusives are the best

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
But which one are you going for in the next gen “battle”’or even just which one first?
None. Until gaming crashes hard again, sort of like the Atari/ET scandal brought, I'm mostly done with modern gaming, and what I do play will be on PC.
But, seriously, gaming needs a good, hard crash. Playing games from the 90s especially, I forgot gaming used to be a rather diverse field with numerous gaming companies all pumping out games. Now they've all been bought up by a few sole survivors who consistently pump out one piece of crap after another.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
None. Until gaming crashes hard again, sort of like the Atari/ET scandal brought, I'm mostly done with modern gaming, and what I do play will be on PC.
But, seriously, gaming needs a good, hard crash. Playing games from the 90s especially, I forgot gaming used to be a rather diverse field with numerous gaming companies all pumping out games. Now they've all been bought up by a few sole survivors who consistently pump out one piece of crap after another.
Lmao the ET scandal. Oh man the stuff of legends!!!
I dunno man, I’m kind of curious to see the upcoming Crash Bandicoot. Toys for Bob (the Spyro Remakes) are at the helm and they seem to know what they’re doing. Although it would be amusing to see Vicarious Visions tackle a new Spyro game lol
The PS4 Spider-Man game was a masterpiece and I say that as someone with very fond memories of the PS1 and 2 games. No micro transactions and pretty much gave the middle finger to the narrative of “single player games are dead” that certain companies like to promote.
I’m excited to see what the next game will look like on the PS5.
The Medievil remake was adorable.
I still play the “classics” thanks to the PlayStation store. Okay mostly old school Rockstar games but still.
I’m already buying the Tony Hawk remasters, that much is certain.
I agree that the big names list is disappointing compared to previous eras and we do need new blood.
But it’s still a fun hobby for me. There’s still gems to be found like Horizon Zero Dawn and Bloodborn.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Lmao the ET scandal. Oh man the stuff of legends!!!
I dunno man, I’m kind of curious to see the upcoming Crash Bandicoot. Toys for Bob (the Spyro Remakes) are at the helm and they seem to know what they’re doing. Although it would be amusing to see Vicarious Visions tackle a new Spyro game lol
The PS4 Spider-Man game was a masterpiece and I say that as someone with very fond memories of the PS1 and 2 games. No micro transactions and pretty much gave the middle finger to the narrative of “single player games are dead” that certain companies like to promote.
I’m excited to see what the next game will look like on the PS5.
The Medievil remake was adorable.
I still play the “classics” thanks to the PlayStation store. Okay mostly old school Rockstar games but still.
I’m already buying the Tony Hawk remasters, that much is certain.
I agree that the big names list is disappointing compared to previous eras and we do need new blood.
But it’s still a fun hobby for me. There’s still gems to be found like Horizon Zero Dawn and Bloodborn.
The only one Ive seen coming up Im lookjng forward to is sequal to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. (Its on preorder on Good Ole Games).

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
The only one Ive seen coming up Im lookjng forward to is sequal to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. (Its on preorder on Good Ole Games).
Oh I’ve heard about that franchise (?) in my many various gaming/vampire enthusiast circles. And from Maven of the Eventide on YouTube who seems to be doing a play through.
I should get into it as I love all things vampire

Flame

Beware
We'll probably get a PS5 for the daughter but its PC every day from me. Now its a struggle getting my wife into it more and I'm slowly whittling her down. :D

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
We'll probably get a PS5 for the daughter but its PC every day from me. Now its a struggle getting my wife into it more and I'm slowly whittling her down. :D
Good luck!! Many seem to have success with Animal crossing with regards to a non gaming significant other.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh I’ve heard about that franchise (?) in my many various gaming/vampire enthusiast circles. And from Maven of the Eventide on YouTube who seems to be doing a play through.
I should get into it as I love all things vampire
YES! You must! If you can. The books have been out of print for so long it may be tricky to get source material, and the various games may have also become somewhat rare.
The first piece you have to read is the Book of Nod. It is the story of the origins of vampires, and it establishes the principle lore for Vampire:The Masquerade and World of Darkness, both produced by White Wolf. And then there's a book for each clan for them to establish their lore, and a few other pieces of primary texts before it gets into secondary sources (it's been many years since I've played the games and looked into all of what there is).
And if you liked the Underworld movies, this is where they heavily drew from for inspiration.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
YES! You must! If you can. The books have been out of print for so long it may be tricky to get source material, and the various games may have also become somewhat rare.
The first piece you have to read is the Book of Nod. It is the story of the origins of vampires, and it establishes the principle lore for Vampire:The Masquerade and World of Darkness, both produced by White Wolf. And then there's a book for each clan for them to establish their lore, and a few other pieces of primary texts before it gets into secondary sources (it's been many years since I've played the games and looked into all of what there is).
And if you liked the Underworld movies, this is where they heavily drew from for inspiration.
:eek:
Ok you’ve convinced me. That sounds awesome!!!!!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I haven't gotten any consoles since the PS3, but if I got one of the next-gen consoles, I'd probably go for the PS5. I have a nostalgic attachment to the PlayStation brand (because I had the first three systems and many childhood memories with them), but more importantly, Sony have always been great at putting out incredibly good exclusives.

That's all hypothetical to me because I'm not planning to switch back to consoles from PC gaming anytime soon, though. The cheaper games, higher frame rates, mods, free online, and a plethora of hardware and software customization options simply make it too good of an experience for me to switch back from.