• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

“Console wars”

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Okay, this is more of a plea for advice than anything.
But which one are you going for in the next gen “battle”’or even just which one first?
I’m eyeing up the next generation and maybe I will eventually own both when I can. I don’t know.
But the new Xbox will mean I can play my old 360 games without the weird giant pixelated boxes on my screen and connect it to the internet straight away. PS5 is promising a boost in experience with backwards titles on a “case by case basis” but some games you will need to buy as well (Ex Assassins Creed Valhalla.) I have a fair few PS4 games on my external hard drive. So hopefully I can just jump straight from that if I update. But I don’t know.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I know people who are developing games for the PS5, they look good. Other than that i don't do gaming so i cannot pass comment

Yerda

Veteran Member
I haven't owned a console since the ps2. I just googled it and realised it came out 20 years ago. I'm feeling old. Instinctively I've always preferred the ps but there are enough quality games that I'm sure both will be worthwhile.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Ps5 for me. Whole reason I started buying consoles was so I didn't need to think so much, upgrade them, etc. So I started Sony, and seen no reason to change.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I'm confident that my slate and shell Go stones won't ever need an upgrade ;)

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I quite like the look of Go. I've heard it's tough to learn how to play though.

It's very easy to learn the rules; that's a 5 minute process.

Then it should take no more than 200 years to get good at it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Okay, this is more of a plea for advice than anything.
But which one are you going for in the next gen “battle”’or even just which one first?
I’m eyeing up the next generation and maybe I will eventually own both when I can. I don’t know.
But the new Xbox will mean I can play my old 360 games without the weird giant pixelated boxes on my screen and connect it to the internet straight away. PS5 is promising a boost in experience with backwards titles on a “case by case basis” but some games you will need to buy as well (Ex Assassins Creed Valhalla.) I have a fair few PS4 games on my external hard drive. So hopefully I can just jump straight from that if I update. But I don’t know.
From a console standpoint, I probably go with PS5. I used to be an Xbox Fanboy but no more I'm going back to my first love.

My primary reason?

I'm absolutely sold on VR. I can't get enough of it.

Sadly Spencer is refusing to put VR on Xbox which is a deal-breaker for me.

Now somebody could go and convince Bohemia Interactive to put ARMA on one of the consoles.......

Twilight Hue

Yeah yeah yeah. “PC master race.” :rolleyes::)
I just joined the PC Master race. Unfortunately all my games are crashing with a brand new computer except for a couple. And it's Alienware by Dell.

I'm thinking of absorbing the cost and taking it to a PC repair shop to see if they can get it so my games don't crash all the time.

After all, I'm a gamer dammit, not an IT person! *Grin*

Twilight Hue

Ps5 for me. Whole reason I started buying consoles was so I didn't need to think so much, upgrade them, etc. So I started Sony, and seen no reason to change.
That's one of the reasons why I still consider consoles to be among my purchases. There's no beating the compatibility because when you get a game you know you're not going to have to keep on tweaking it to get it to run properly. I will admit though PC has a far superior game library which is what got me to get a computer. Consoles have extremely limited libraries which is really sad in comparison.

I like that plug in play convenience.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
I just joined the PC Master race. Unfortunately all my games are crashing with a brand new computer except for a couple. And it's Alienware by Dell.

I'm thinking of absorbing the cost and taking it to a PC repair shop to see if they can get it so my games don't crash all the time.

Lol! I actually started as a PC gamer, if I’m honest. I played Runescape, GTA SA, Croc, Age of Empires 3 and the Phantom Menace game as a kid. As well as some arcade type games like Snood and this space blaster game with fun but random sound effects. My dads friend was a computer whiz and would often get us kids games for the PC as well as fix any issues we had.

I actually studied IT for a while. It reminded me a lot of my math classes. I found it easy enough if boring, but largely OCD.

SomeRandom

Staff member
Premium Member
That's one of the reasons why I still consider consoles to be among my purchases. There's no beating the compatibility because when you get a game you know you're not going to have to keep on tweaking it to get it to run properly. I will admit though PC has a far superior game library which is what got me to get a computer. Consoles have extremely limited libraries which is really sad in comparison.

I like that plug in play convenience.
Uhh the struggle is real. Trying to figure out which games would work on your specs? I have had to return so many games just because my PC didn’t support them. To be fair we didn’t always have the money for updates. It’s nice to just pick up a game and maybe only have to deal with a patch or system update and just play it. Though I did have to buy an external hard drive for my beloved Red Dead 2
I do think PS has better exclusives overall compared to the Xbox.
And there is some cross over on the store from steam lately. Which isn’t great since quality control is largely absent.

Speaking of games, Crash 4 leaks baby!!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I just joined the PC Master race.

Do you use Steam? Steam Store

Unfortunately all my games are crashing with a brand new computer except for a couple. And it's Alienware by Dell.

I would at least check online forums first before blowing a lot of money, especially if it turns out to be a simple fix.

Twilight Hue

I would at least check online forums first before blowing a lot of money, especially if it turns out to be a simple fix.
Yep I have an account at steam and everything. It's not like good the old days one could go to a store and find PC titles on the racks anymore.

I'm pretty happy with Steam although I think they should do something about all the garbage shovelware games they got out there. That aspect is downright irritating when you're trying to wade through that crap trying to find a gem.

Twilight Hue

I know people who are developing games for the PS5, they look good. Other than that i don't do gaming so i cannot pass comment
While I can appreciate the better graphics it comes at a cost of enduring a huge sacrifice in gameplay when it comes to console ports.

A big issue would be the dumbing-down of PC games to accommodate lesser robust hardware that can handle all the data.

Personally I would rather have less graphical fidelity and have a better game experience overall than the other way around. What I kind of wish they would do is create a plug and play PC where system requirements are not any type of a hindrance .

One of the main good points of consoles is you can pretty much be a sure your game will run and be optimized on your system.

Twilight Hue

I would send it back to the manufacturer but sometimes I think that creates more issues than it solves. I tend to think it's more of a software issue though namely through the use of Windows 10. I plan on getting a diagnostic by a professional IT person and maybe he can tweak it.

Most of the responses I get from my particular problems through online inquiry is that of it has to do with the hardware but the thing is some of my games run excellent without crashing while the rest constantly crash suggesting it's a software issue. Especially the newer games I bought like U Boot.

it's a brand new MID to upper range PC. I believe it's the R8 series of Alienware if memory serves me correctly.