• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘My staff and I will cooperate completely with the investigation.’ True or False

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Seems that she did.
You are merely upset because she did not cooperate with your side....

suncowiam

An investigation about emails and she then purges tens of thousands of them. That can't be a suspicious action on her part?!?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm sure she "cooperated".
But only if one uses a tortured definition of the word.
The massive deletions & number of those involved pleading the 5th is very very suspicious.

Btw, such dishonesty & corruption isn't why I'm voting against her.
So this doesn't really significant to me.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Is she promoting using staffs (staves) instead of guns now?

Such statements are like breathing air to politics anyway.

Underhill

An investigation about emails and she then purges tens of thousands of them. That can't be a suspicious action on her part?!?

For some reason she doesn't trust the system or the people running it. I wonder why that might be?

People who have known her for decades say that she has developed a distrust for the media and courts from years of seeing them attack her and her husband. Is it any surprise that she would delete her personal emails? Just look at what has happened in the last month. Personal statements, that are probably no different than those of every congressman/woman in Washington, come out and the media turns them into one more public indictment.

suncowiam

For some reason she doesn't trust the system or the people running it. I wonder why that might be?

People who have known her for decades say that she has developed a distrust for the media and courts from years of seeing them attack her and her husband. Is it any surprise that she would delete her personal emails? Just look at what has happened in the last month. Personal statements, that are probably no different than those of every congressman/woman in Washington, come out and the media turns them into one more public indictment.

Even if this is the case, she should understand that by deleting so much emails that it would look suspicious. If she had nothing to hide, why not release them all. She already released tens of thousands of emails.

The is not what being transparent means. Its picking and choosing what becomes available to he public. It doesn't indicate guilt but it sure doesn't help in claiming innocence.

Pretty much the same for Trump and his taxes.

[Edited] Fixed a bunch of grammatical errors in my post. Just waking up will do that to ya. =)

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Why is it that so many on the right want to hang Hillary on her e-mails but seemingly conveniently ignore that the Bush administration erased all their e-mails accumulated over 8 years prior to them leaving office?

Anyhow, the investigation has already been concluded by the FBI.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Why is it that so many on the right want to hang Hillary on her e-mails but seemingly conveniently ignore that the Bush administration erased all their e-mails accumulated over 8 years prior to them leaving office?
Hehe. I'm fairly sure that we could simply ask the Chinese, Russians, Germans, English, French, Jamaicans et al for copies. :)

Quite so. I just have the sneaking suspicion we haven't heard the last of this.

Acim

Revelation all the time

Hmmm, let's go with the rhetoric that Bush isn't running for POTUS in 2016.

In a way that leads to more (reasonable) questions to be asked.

metis

Hmmm, let's go with the rhetoric that Bush isn't running for POTUS in 2016.
Then maybe you should have a good talk with Mr. Trump because he brings up Bill all the time, and the last time I heard he isn't running for POTUS either. But either way, hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

Underhill

Even if this is the case, she should understand that by deleting so much emails that it would look suspicious. If she had nothing to hide, why not release them all. She already released tens of thousands of emails.

The is not what being transparent means. Its picking and choosing what becomes available to he public. It doesn't indicate guilt but it sure doesn't help in claiming innocence.

Pretty much the same for Trump and his taxes.

[Edited] Fixed a bunch of grammatical errors in my post. Just waking up will do that to ya. =)

I understand and even agree. But you have to understand the context to understand her response. She has been under constant investigation, along with her husband, for decades. She knows that every one of her personal emails would be gone over with a fine tooth comb by partisan hacks looking to find jokes, comments or negotiations that would look bad. Politics is a dirty business. The Secretary of States job even more so.

If she had released those personal emails, it would have been an endless stream of 'leaked' emails and she calculated that this would hurt her chances worse than destroying them. I don't know if she was right or not.

suncowiam

I understand and even agree. But you have to understand the context to understand her response. She has been under constant investigation, along with her husband, for decades. She knows that every one of her personal emails would be gone over with a fine tooth comb by partisan hacks looking to find jokes, comments or negotiations that would look bad. Politics is a dirty business. The Secretary of States job even more so.

If she had released those personal emails, it would have been an endless stream of 'leaked' emails and she calculated that this would hurt her chances worse than destroying them. I don't know if she was right or not.

That's the price she has to pay for the role that her husband has been in and for the role that she wants to be in. =)

Being president of the United States, IMO, requires a ton of responsibilities and transparency.

suncowiam

Then maybe you should have a good talk with Mr. Trump because he brings up Bill all the time, and the last time I heard he isn't running for POTUS either. But either way, hypocrisy is hypocrisy.

I know right??

It's like he's running against Bill most of the time.

But then Hillary, does bring up how Bill was such a great president... =)

metis

I know right??

It's like he's running against Bill most of the time.

But then Hillary, does bring up how Bill was such a great president... =)
Compared to what we've seen over the last several decades, he was.

Underhill

That's the price she has to pay for the role that her husband has been in and for the role that she wants to be in. =)

Being president of the United States, IMO, requires a ton of responsibilities and transparency.

In principle I agree with you. But when you look honestly at the sheer volume of witch hunts those 2 have faced... it is beyond what anyone I know of has ever endured.

I honestly believe the single biggest mistake Hillary made was admitting (in a TV interview) that someday she may have aspirations for the presidency back when her husband was in office. That was the moment when the republicans labeled her as a threat. I think that is what has fueled much of this.