• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Murder hornets’ found in U.S. for first time ever

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
On a side note, I saw an interesting device the other day. It was a hand-held bug zapper which looked like a tennis racket. Apparently, you can wave it around and it zaps bugs which may be flying around you.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would expect an Oz to tell us that these are pathetic little insects and that in Oz they are a foot long and eat little doggies.

No drop bears are the thing we scare our tourist with

images (4).jpeg

They keep Australia isolated and safe from intruders.

:D

Regards Tony

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
On a side note, I saw an interesting device the other day. It was a hand-held bug zapper which looked like a tennis racket. Apparently, you can wave it around and it zaps bugs which may be flying around you.
they suck
not only that, but they dont work in the real world like the infomercial made them out to be.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Good tools but don't hit yourself in the face with one.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So do bees. So what?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Bees don't go out looking to kill

One of these deadly hornets will take on 1000 bees, and win. And they kill in packs

I admire your false confidence but wait and see how viscous these beasts are before placing your bets.

Good-Ole-Rebel

What makes you think the "killer" variety has a better chance against hornets?

I don't know that they would have a 'better' chance. But I would love to see the fight. The killer bee is much more aggressive.

Personally, I am not worried about the honey bee being able to defend it's hive from these asian hornets. Before, everyone was all concerned over the killer bees. Well, guess what? The Honey bee is still around and making honey.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel

Bees don't go out looking to kill

One of these deadly hornets will take on 1000 bees, and win. And they kill in packs

I admire your false confidence but wait and see how viscous these beasts are before placing your bets.

I'll bet the honey bee will still be around when it is all said and done. The asian hornet will just be another part of the animal eco system. And who knows the enemies he will make in that world that will destroy him.

Again, I would love to see a pack of asian hornets attack a killer bee hive.

Good-Ole-Rebel

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I don't know that they would have a 'better' chance. But I would love to see the fight. The killer bee is much more aggressive.

Personally, I am not worried about the honey bee being able to defend it's hive from these asian hornets. Before, everyone was all concerned over the killer bees. Well, guess what? The Honey bee is still around and making honey.

Good-Ole-Rebel
People were worried about people getting stung, not killer bees wiping out the regular ones. Killer bees also pollinate and make honey. They interbreed with regular bees and their offspring tend to inherent the docile nature. The issue with killer bees is that they would swarm and sting unprovoked, but when their hives are being attacked both types are equally aggressive. They're both roughly the same size, so the outcome probably wouldn't be much different.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Rubbish! One of my very favourite men in all of my life was a New Zealander. And another life-long friend, now living in Rio, hails from Waiuku.

I rate the species quite highly, as a result.
Nonsense. No one actually comes from New Zealand , and anyon3 who claims to is actually a second rate AI bot. I can prove it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The issue with killer bees is that they would swarm and sting unprovoked, but when their hives are being attacked both types are equally aggressive. They're both roughly the same size, so the outcome probably wouldn't be much different.
Africanized bees are more dangerous because of their behavior.
Africanized bee - Wikipedia
Excerpted....
"Killer bee" is a term frequently used in media such as movies that portray aggressive behavior or actively seeking to attack humans. "Africanized honeybee" is considered a more descriptive term in part because their behavior is increased defensiveness compared to European honeybees that can exhibit similar defensive behaviors when disturbed.

The sting of the Africanized bee is no more potent than any other variety of honey bee, and although they are similar in appearance to European bees, they tend to be slightly smaller and darker in color. Although Africanized bees do not search for humans to attack, they are more dangerous because they are more easily provoked, quicker to attack in greater numbers, and then pursue the perceived threat farther, sometimes for up to a kilometer (approx. 5⁄8 mile) or more.