• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Free will’ is not an excuse for God allowing atrocities.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम

You come across as very angry and bitter. Every time I interact with you, or anyone else does, your mood and anger and irritation. Just knowing what I know about you now over these forums, I can deduce you are not a pleasant person to be around. Possibly even when it comes to other Christians.

DNB

Christian
You come across as very angry and bitter. Every time I interact with you, or anyone else does, your mood and anger and irritation. Just knowing what I know about you now over these forums, I can deduce you are not a pleasant person to be around. Possibly even when it comes to other Christians.
There's a high possibility that, for whatever reason, you may be entirely incorrect.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
...there are grounds to be displeased and even vehement, about such overt corruption and exploitation.

No I mean, you gave the impression that "charlatans and heretics" taught you to hate.

As in, people who are already doing wrong things, led you down that path to hatred.

DNB

Christian
Possible. I am going off the information that you have given me so far.
...but, you also believe that God is a tyrant - maybe you have misunderstood us both? Maybe you are unaware as to why we denounce or forbid what we do, and what we prefer in the place of acts that we deem unrighteous and subversive.

DNB

Christian
No I mean, you gave the impression that "charlatans and heretics" taught you to hate.

As in, people who are already doing wrong things, led you down that path to hatred.
I meant that they made me aware of the need to be austere and confrontational with the likes of such - those who pervert decency and truth, either within a religious context or not. Some people are incorrigible, and are truly subversive, there are grounds for vehemence and obstinance.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
YES, I FLIPPIN' AM AS CRITICAL!!!
I would say the exact same to any convert to any religion, that couldn't make up their flippin' mind on truth and reality.
Do you not think that I detest pseudo-Christians, charlatans, corrupt pastors and preachers, Christian heretics and apostates???
So you reject any convert to Christianity as charlatans, heretics and apostates?
Yikes!

So basically, as you see it, if you were not born into a Christian family, you are damned. Yes?

Last edited:

KWED

History has shown us that some of the most vehement homophobes were actually closet homosexuals trying to suppress their own urges. Such internal turmoil is likely to result in personality issues.
(Note: not saying this is the case here, just making a general point)

KWED

...but, you also believe that God is a tyrant - maybe you have misunderstood us both? Maybe you are unaware as to why we denounce or forbid what we do, and what we prefer in the place of acts that we deem unrighteous and subversive.
God clearly is a tyrant, if we judge him by his words and deeds.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I meant that they made me aware of the need to be austere and confrontational with the likes of such - those who pervert decency and truth, either within a religious context or not. Some people are incorrigible, and are truly subversive, there are grounds for vehemence and obstinance.

It's so saddening that you allow such hatred into your heart. There are many people in the LGBTQ+ community who are good, loving, compassionate people. You equate it with lust, but sex is not always part of these relationships. Some of us are asexual.

I wish I could make you understand, but you seem heaven bent on not understanding or even wanting to understand.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
...but, you also believe that God is a tyrant - maybe you have misunderstood us both?

And in the same vein, perhaps you misunderstand the LGBTQ+ community. You see us as monsters, but we are just like you.