• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Babylon 5’ Reboot in Development with JMS

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Based on his earlier work, I have high hopes for this forthcoming series:

‘Babylon 5’ Reboot in Development at The CW From Original Series Creator J. Michael Straczynski

The new iteration of the sci-fi series is described as a “from-the-ground-up reboot.” In the series, John Sheridan, an Earthforce officer with a mysterious background, is assigned to Babylon 5, a five-mile-long space station in neutral space, a port of call for travelers, smugglers, corporate explorers and alien diplomats at a time of uneasy peace and the constant threat of war. His arrival triggers a destiny beyond anything he could have imagined, as an exploratory Earth company accidentally triggers a conflict with a civilization a million years ahead of us, putting Sheridan and the rest of the B5 crew in the line of fire as the last, best hope for the survival of the human race.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The graphics for the original series were done on Comadore Amiga computers.

I wonder what the new series will use

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Based on his earlier work, I have high hopes for this forthcoming series:

‘Babylon 5’ Reboot in Development at The CW From Original Series Creator J. Michael Straczynski

The new iteration of the sci-fi series is described as a “from-the-ground-up reboot.” In the series, John Sheridan, an Earthforce officer with a mysterious background, is assigned to Babylon 5, a five-mile-long space station in neutral space, a port of call for travelers, smugglers, corporate explorers and alien diplomats at a time of uneasy peace and the constant threat of war. His arrival triggers a destiny beyond anything he could have imagined, as an exploratory Earth company accidentally triggers a conflict with a civilization a million years ahead of us, putting Sheridan and the rest of the B5 crew in the line of fire as the last, best hope for the survival of the human race.

I tried to watch that show but could just never get into it. Maybe the reboot will be better.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I tried to watch that show but could just never get into it. Maybe the reboot will be better.
Unless you started from the beginning and watched episodes in order, you'd be lost. It was one story over 4 years with year 5 an add-on when the series was renewed. You also have to care about the character development (and even turning into very different people) and politics.

This is a great review of why the show was so great:

Last edited: