• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

‘Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin dies

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Just breaking news here...Steve Irwin - otherwise known as the 'Crocodile Hunter' - was stung by a stingray and died while scuba diving off Cairns today. He was 44.
As tragic as it is, is anyone surprised he was killed by an animal?:run:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
This makes me really sad; I spent a good part of my childhood watching him and learning about various animals from his shows.

And nobody ever believed me when I said he'd never be killed by a crocodile...

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Ohhhh, I loved that guy! This is so sad. And he has a very young daughter and didn't they have another baby recently? :(

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Hehehehe yeah, there're jokes flying round the office.

And the game ends, final score Steve Irwin 2076 Crocodiles Nil.

Apparently it wasn't just a sting, he had his chest PUNCTURED by the barb. Not a good thing underwater.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Buttercup said:
Ohhhh, I loved that guy! This is so sad. And he has a very young daughter and didn't they have another baby recently? :(
Yes, there's Bindi Sue (who he named for his favourite dog and favourite crocodile) and baby Bob, who gained fame for winding up on video with his dad and a crocodile at an Australia Zoo show.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
That sucks, but at least he went out doing something he loved.... that is all any of us could ask for.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
I've swam with stingrays in the Cayman Islands and fed them for a quite awhile as well....he must have stepped on one. They are generally very gentle creatures and dont harm unless harm comes to them. But, they are lightening quick to sting if stepped on under the sand.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
they are generally very gentle creatures and dont harm unless harm comes to them. But, they are lightening quick to sting if stepped on under the sand.
Or it was an evil Stingray. They have them y'know...

standing_alone

Comet said:
That sucks, but at least he went out doing something he loved.... that is all any of us could ask for.

Why on Earth would anyone want to go out doing something they love? Hell, I'd want to go out doing something I hate, like attending math class or something. Imagine that; learning about polynomials or whatever and just dropping dead. :D

Steve Irwin... Too bad he died I guess. I used to watch his shows years ago.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
When you watch someone as much as we watched him you almost feel like it's someone you know who died.

I hate it when people die. I can't even think about it for long. The thought of never seeing someone again is too depressing. His wife is from where I live. I wonder if she'll come back here.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Buttercup said:
I've swam with stingrays in the Cayman Islands and fed them for a quite awhile as well....he must have stepped on one. They are generally very gentle creatures and dont harm unless harm comes to them. But, they are lightening quick to sting if stepped on under the sand.
He could very well have been taunting it. :shrug: He did a lot of that with other animals to get them to show off for the cameras. Who knows. :shrug:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Bastet said:
He could very well have been taunting it. :shrug: He did a lot of that with other animals to get them to show off for the cameras. Who knows. :shrug:
Yeah. I can't imagine the pain. I talked to a fella who got stung by one and he said it was the absolute worst pain imaginable...and this was on his leg. Left a nasty scar as well. I bet you wouldn't have a chance if it pierced your heart.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
Bastet said:
I saw Frank do that with a ray off the Corkscrew one day...he was waving his fin in it's face and it was getting really ******.Then again, Frank has that effect on everyone.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Quoth_The _Raven said:
I saw Frank do that with a ray off the Corkscrew one day...he was waving his fin in it's face and it was getting really ******.Then again, Frank has that effect on everyone.
Just the name "Frank" has that effect on me...

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Quoth_The _Raven said:
How he got to be Mayor (or whatever it was), is beyond me. :shrug: