Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
- Access to private conversations with other members.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!
A skeptic says: ``Bible is a fairytale for children.'' I would reply: our life is a fairytale, because contains logical contradictions, named by me as illusions. Life is not an illusion but contains ones. The illusive distortions are found not only in our perception of nature but in nature itself; for example, an electron is a particle and a wave at the same time. I am talking about Aristotle's definition of logic, not quantum logic.
God and creatures with free will are the writers of our...
Are religious people supposed to go around "debunking" other peoples belief just because we believe differently than they do?
Are we doing the right action or speech when we tell others, your religion or faith is false or wrong, because i can not accept what you believe in? Did we truly check our own belief or faith in what we claim to believe our self? Do we truly understand the teaching enough to discredit others ?
Did we do enough our self to be the "right" owner of the TRUTH ?
(1) Cutting off their hand, is metaphorical prose. It means prevent them from stealing until they repent and reform themselves.
(2) Slavery was never allowed. What was to be done with war captives, was they were to be ransomed or freed during war but once the war terminates, there are no captives, and hence all to be freed. Malakat aymanihim refers to marriage and muta, and when put side to side with marriage, is hence, referring to Muta.
(3) If verses can seen not to cancel one another, but...
The Christian claim that Jesus of Nazareth literally rose from the dead is fundamental to Christianity, but is undeniably a very radical claim. There is a certain amount of historical evidence surrounding the life of Jesus, but does the evidence support the claim that Jesus rose from the dead in bodily form?
Many alternative hypotheses have been offered to account for the historical data we have surrounding the life of Jesus and the beginning of the Christian movement.
1. Some suggest that...
I do understand that abortion should be legal because It’s safer that way. The purpose of religion I think regarding that is just to say killing is wrong. I mean I’m not thrilled about abortion so I think it’s a good thing that we have it jotted down in some dusty book that killing is wrong so before we jump to conclusions and blame religion for all the abortion related strife I think we can use our common sense and realize that religion is just answering the question of if ending life is...
From my present viewpoint as a tantric practitoner, there are roughly speaking three types of people.
a. Tantric or Mystic type
- who believe in and practise practical forms of spirituality, are not persuaded by superstitious beliefs and don't believe in the artificial boundaries between religions or other systems
b. Religious type
- who believe that they are in a rather fixed, delineated and privileged religion and will get rewarded for having made that particular choice
c. Atheist or...
Sitting here early morning pondering about posts in RF i been reading lately, where people claim that their religious belief is the only correct, and everyone else is fake or falls or even evil
I am not going to sitt here telling you that my own sufi faith is better or more correct that any of what you belive, because the belief i hold in Sufism is a personal path and belief that arise from within. And even i did in the past (before becoming a sufi) as many others, claimed i had...
Page 6 of 968