Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
- Access to private conversations with other members.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!
Before continuing I would like everyone to take note that as per the rules for the interfaith discussion section, no religious debate can take place here.
Moving on, I would like to politely ask for religious people to explain why they currently are religious and how they came to be religious as well as the religion they follow.
This is NOT for debating whether or not it is a good reason, this is for gaining insight into other people's choices in the matter.
This is also not for theist...
Here are some similarities I'd like to throw out there for discussion.
1. The virgin birth of Jesus in a manger.
2. The gospels focus on Jesus birth and ministry and doesn't discuss the in between.
3. Christians celebrate his resurrection at vernal equinox.
4. Jesus symbolism in the fish.
5. The place of the last supper, Luke 22
6. The 4 living creatures of Rev 4:7
7. The prophesy of Ezekiel.
The Zodiac comparison
1. The Sun is born under the sign of Virgo on Dec 25th in...
In the past when I got into an argument over Hell, I asked the question: If God created Hell knowing someone would actually go there, wouldn't God be a Monster? The answer I received back was that since we all have free will, God is helpless to stop one from going to Hell if they choose Hell for themselves.
Is God really helpless within the realm of free will? I think not.
I was walking through a store one day. A lady was demonstrating some fancy cookware. I don't remember the name. To...
Is awareness too ineffable that it cannot be created and must come from nature? It can't be manufactured?
Or is it that awareness works in a way that anything manufactured would be using it, that awareness is fundamental?
I think either it can be manufactured or it doesn't have to be cause its fundamental.
Did nature produce something so ineffable that it can't be replicated outside of life?
Is it that we need to be able to create a soul, are the objections for being able to create...
In your personal opinion, what is organized religion's greatest achievement (it can be in general, or one religion in particular)?
I think the sense of community, of belonging to something greater, gives people purpose, but then that's not exclusive of religions.
To an atheist, there is no God. Is there really no God?
I believe there is, based on these two evidences:
1. Drink an egg direct from the cloaca of a hen. Did you feel any solids? Yet when it hatches, there is a beak, a skeleton, fine feather, etc. Where did they come from?
2. A baby was born dead. It was buried. After a few years, it was exhumed. Where did the skeleton come from? We know that what is given by the male is sperm in liquid form. The egg cell from a woman is just one cell....
Page 252 of 338