Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
- Access to private conversations with other members.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!
According to my studies so far, I have yet to find a religion perfectly “in tune” with it’s believers.
It’s if like either the original scriptures/dogma/teachings of the religion isn’t clear enough or the believers discard or do not understand the original scriptures/dogma/teachings… Or is it both?
For example, we all have/know good cases of very much peaceful religions with very much aggressive believers. Is it maybe the very nature of humans not to accept fully a...
Bhagavad Gita is the primary book that made me attracted towards Hinduism and Dharmic religions. I read the book occasionally and when I m feeling down.
On a few forums and quora, some people have suggested that Bhagavad Gita or the celestial song advocates for murder and lowers compassion for other Human beings by asking Arjuna to kill his teachers, friends and cousins at Kurukshetra... Views shared by both atheists and theists.
What is your perspective?
And why according to you is its...
1. People on here say it is the definite word of god, here is your chance to throw all your theology and questions at them.
2. Here we get to see if it truly is the word of god. If it is the word of god it should survive criticism.
3. Here is our chance to educate ourselves even further by asking all your questions.
The NWT has Jesus as "a god", but their teachings have Him as an archangel. Is there such a thing as an angel god, or a god angel?
John 1:1 (NWT) In the beginning was the Word,+ and the Word was with God,+ and the Word was a god
*** rs p. 218 par. 2 Jesus Christ ***
At 1 Thessalonians 4:16 (RS), the command of Jesus Christ for the resurrection to begin is described as “the archangel’s call,” and Jude 9 says that the archangel is Michael. Would it be appropriate to liken Jesus’ commanding...
For all intents and purposes, I'm ignoring the law in this thread. Parents have control over what religious instruction and practice a child can engage with, but for the purposes of this thread I'm removing the hold that parents have over their children's religious lives.
How young is too young to know what you believe? I've heard people tell 14-15 year old Atheists that they are too young to understand whether they believe in god or not. I would disagree with this and say that although...
1. Use your own faith or set of beliefs to rationalize why the world is corrupt and will it ever get better?
2. You must be able to explain specifically why if you believe in a deity why he continues to allow his creation to continue this way.
3. What hope is there for the future according to your beliefs? And can you live with your answer?
4. Please use references or use logic.
So as not to re-invent the wheel, this is almost word for word what I wrote to another member, but I'm adding some additional thoughts.
It seems I'm in flux again not so much about beliefs (though it's there), but practice. I am a polytheist, through and through. I just haven't decided how much of a polytheist I am. That is, soft, medium, firm or hard. I know, it sounds like a pillow or cheese. Though I lean towards semi-firm. The question about beliefs is between panentheism and...
Page 163 of 235