• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wonder??? Why my J.W. friends left this site?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
There were few Jehovah's Witnesses that posted here and I made e-buddies with them.
Many in my mom's family are J.W.'s and I am open minded to most ALL religious views.
I don't "get it" why they left here.
Any ideas please?

Marsh

There were few Jehovah's Witnesses that posted here and I made e-buddies with them.
Many in my mom's family are J.W.'s and I am open minded to most ALL religious views.
Any ideas please?
I don't know. Lovesong may be correct, it could be a lack of tolerance for other ideas, though there may be another explanation. Perhaps they found some of the ideas they were hearing threatening to their faith? They may have come to share their view of God only to have doubts raised within themselves. Unless you can talk with them you may never know.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Any ideas please?
I don't know.
My good friends, DoctorAnswerMan & MurphtheSurph, are gone too.
(Murph was banned.)

jeager106

Premium Member
I've read these responses and quite agree than the "Society" (church to others) probably
disapproved of a "religious" forum and J.W.'s being members.
J.W.'s might be influenced you see and corrupted.:eek::eek:
It's as if the J.W. leadership believes J.W.'s are always vulnerable to "the world" and
easily ruined.
Gawd forbid a J.W. watch television! Commercials you see. Very corrupting.
I'm sorry for that attitude. Seems Draconian to me. Gee, even Draco wasn't that
severe!
I was never baptized a J.W. but was, for a time, associated due to family being
baptized J.W.'s.
I briefly dated a baptized J.W. lady and the "elders" took her to the basement "office"
for a scolding. Seems she wasn't free to date an "associate" who was also a police officer.
Damn! Better I was a baby mugger?????
She didn't "hear and obey" so was booted out!

Laika

Premium Member
I've read these responses and quite agree than the "Society" (church to others) probably
disapproved of a "religious" forum and J.W.'s being members.
J.W.'s might be influenced you see and corrupted.:eek::eek:
It's as if the J.W. leadership believes J.W.'s are always vulnerable to "the world" and
easily ruined.
Gawd forbid a J.W. watch television! Commercials you see. Very corrupting.
I'm sorry for that attitude. Seems Draconian to me. Gee, even Draco wasn't that
severe!
I was never baptized a J.W. but was, for a time, associated due to family being
baptized J.W.'s.
I briefly dated a baptized J.W. lady and the "elders" took her to the basement "office"
for a scolding. Seems she wasn't free to date an "associate" who was also a police officer.
Damn! Better I was a baby mugger?????
She didn't "hear and obey" so was booted out!

It is sad honestly. You would hope that an evangelical cause would be so convinced of its truthfulness that they would confidently face any challenge. Whilst it is true that is very difficult to achieve the attempt itself is noble. It shows their own feelings of weakness and inferiority that you cannot have freinds with whom you disagree. It also sadly leaves others to perpetuate their ignorance of what JWs stand for so it is quite a loss for us in its way. :(

blue taylor

Without having freedom of speech and freedom of expression, it would be hard to debate on an open forum. Especially knowing the church is looking over your shoulder.

jeager106

Premium Member
Pretty straightforward. Jws are scared of excommunication by the overlords.

Yes. This ^^^^ and all the comments above.
When I was a police officer I took a bit of a "polite" beating from the members of the
Kingdom Hall.
Sadly so did my mother who was a baptized Witness.
I mean I could have been Chester the Molester and been better regarded!
I was told by some members that I could be a cop but could NOT bear arms.
Really?
This from some Witnesses who served in COMBAT in Korea and Viet Nam!
Of course they served rather than face legal problems for refusing to serve.
Once done with military service those Witnesses were booted out but welcomed
back after a full year of shunning.
Talk about emotional torture! Wow.
Seems those Witnesses that gave me issues didn't at all understand that police officer
use a deadly weapon ONLY as an absolute last resort to save their life or the life
of another.
I served 22.5 years before being disabled and NEVER fired a shot at another human
though I could have used deadly force and been justified.
I CHOSE NOT to harm another in such a serious manner.
I'm sooooooo grateful I never used that kind of force against another even though
the "other" was something of a less than desirable citizen.
Don't think me weak however. I sure kicked some serious butt when I was
forced too.:mad::mad::D
Sadly 13 serious bodily injuries plus severe p.t.s.d. forced me to accept a medical
retirement after 22.5 years.
I suffer pain to this day.
Not whining or soliciting sympathy. I rehabbed for 9 months, went to college for FREE
and earned TWO degree's and retired from General Motors with a decent Police
pension plus a bit of social security.
One just can't keep an old hillbilly down!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Fundamentalist religions such as the JW's don't like to hear their beliefs challenged, they arrogantly believe those who challenge them are from the devil, they are brain washed and will never listen to reason.

Last edited:

Palehorse

Any ideas please?

They came to my house in the dark, below zero temperature. Had no choice but to let them in right away. Year later, the judge granted them a restraining order against me. Week later they were on the side of the road in front of my house. Nothing I could do because I had to file also. Didn't have enough money for filing fees.

JW's are weird, but I learned alot about them. They are foot soldiers. It could be possible that they went to the next website on their computers.

jeager106

Premium Member
Methinks it's quite likely the J.W. leadership discourages internet interaction on
religious sites.
Might cause suspicion among the members.
Believe me there are MANY willing and ready to "tattle tail" on others.
Tattling is encouraged to "help vulnerable brothers and sisters".
The Kingdom Hall I attended as a young man was in an area of mixed race so
blacks and whites sat together and fellow shipped.
Quite nice really.
One black lady opened her purse when the plate was passed and it was obvious she
had a pack of smokes. Not good.
Someone squealed & she got the boot.
No doubt in an effort to "help" her.