• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Would You Vote For A Muslim, Mormon Atheist For President?

Why would you vote for a Muslim, Mormon Atheist For President?

• Obviously, because it would upset the Godless Left!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because my mother would tell me to vote for them!

• Because the rest of the nation would!

• Total voters

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This thread is about why you would vote for a Muslim, Mormon Atheist for president. I really don't want to hear why anyone would NOT vote for a Muslim, Mormon Atheist for president. In fact, the mere thought that someone would NOT vote for a Muslim, Mormon Atheist for president is unthinkable. So, we all know you secretly would want to vote for a Muslim, Mormon Atheist for president. But why would you vote for a Muslim, Mormon Atheist for president?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Personal religious creeds that a politician purports to hold should have nothing to do, IMO, with whether they are fit to be President. What matters is whether they are prudent, reasonable, and responsible, and how dedicated they are to the core values of the Constitution, which includes the separation of the state from any particular religious creed. Based on what's happening this year, it appears we are pretty close to overtly having a religious test for office in this country (not that there wasn't a widely held 'covert' religious test before). I'm frankly surprised that doesn't concern more people than it does.

When was the last time that candidate's religious affiliations and backgrounds were as overtly interjected into national politics as they are in this cycle? Never in my recollection. :cover:

So I would vote for a Mormon, a Muslim or an atheist, depending on whether they were the best candidate in those matters that really count. Beyond that, their preferred religious creed is irrelevant.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, Dopp, I actually share your concern with the way religion has become a test for office in this country. To my thinking, it is dangerous.

sindbad5

well, to be honest , religion matters for the head of the country.
i don't know how it would be in USA, since it's a very diverse society with many religions and ethnics.

but the situation is different in a country with 80+% population in a certain religion facing the choice of electing a president with another one.

for example, it's hard even to ask this questions in countries like egypt or israel.

personally, if the majority of my country are muslims, i'll elect a muslim candidate for president, but i also can elect another one with another religion for pri-minister or governor if he
over matched the other candidates

but what i don't really get for Obama is that the man keep telling he's not a muslim, do we know about his religion better than him, ofcourse not, so why all this flamming on the interent and the media ?

tomspug

Absorbant
Religion is personal. As is character and personality. These things should not factor into the choice for a president. Ever.

What matters is not their appearance, how they make you feel, or how neatly their beliefs fit into yours, but what they will DO when they are elected. What is their mandate? Who will they empower? What are their strengths and weakness as leaders? Notice how none of these have to do with character or religion.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I would most definately vote for a Muslim/Mormon/atheist. There's good reason to believe that Chester B. Arthur was himself a Muslim/Mormon/Athiest, and, since no one ever talks about Chester B. Arthur, I feel it's safe to say he probably didn't screw up too badly.

I think the time has come once again in America for a president who probably won't screw up too badly. In fact, I think that would be a pretty decent campaign slogan; "Vote for _______ _______! He probably wont screw up too badly!" *crowd cheers*

lunamoth

Will to love
I would vote for a MMA, as they are affectionately called, and since the Dopp is the only MMA I've ever known, he's my write-in candidate.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Well... I don't care what religion the president is, as long as they don't try to force their religion on others... I don't vote though, because I see no reason to, as my vote doesn't matter.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I would vote for anyone who could be a good president or senator or whatever, and that includes people with totally different beliefs than mine.

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I'd like an extreme Nihilist to be the president. :D

He/she would say, "I was going to increase taxes to pay for such and such.... And I was going to pass some laws about gun control and whatever... but you know what?? Who cares?? We are all just going to die anyway, so why pass laws?? I'm going to go get drunk."

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'd just like a workable definition of what exactly a Muslim Mormon Atheist is. It kind of seems to me to be a triple oxymoron. ;)