• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Islam, Christianity and modern Judaism are all apostate religious institutions.

Simplelogic

All three of these religious institutions have ONE thing in common. They all believe that the law of Moses was divinely given by God. Ironically, none of these religious institutions believe in exclusively following this law. Each one has made up clever ways to circumvent the Torah guidelines. Yet the Torah itself condemns the practicing of "adding to" or "taking away" commandments:

"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deut 4: 2

Christianity- Follow's Paul, a man who came and taught people that Jesus' death replaced the need to obey God's original commandments.

Islam- Mohammed came and taught Muslims they could follow other laws which are not found in the Law of Moses. He also negated many commands in the Law of Moses as being applicable to Muslims.

Judaism- Created a man-made concept of "oral Torah" which overrides the original Torah commands. Rabbi's believe they have the authority to nullify or add too different basic Torah commands. This is why the bulk of modern Judaism contains practices which cannot be found in the law of Moses.

All three of these institutions are apostate religions which only now serve to control human spirituality.

rosends

Just for clarification's sake, what laws do you follow? Can I see a list with sources?

Simplelogic

Just for clarification's sake, what laws do you follow? Can I see a list with sources?
I follow every law I possibly can. My source is the Torah.

I love the circular logic behind your question. Institutionalized religions always try to win arguments by telling others to provide "credible sources". Yet the only sources that religions deem "credible" are ones that agree with their BS religion! I hope you can see how intellectually dishonest your question really is.

rosends

I follow every law I possibly can. My source is the Torah.

I love the circular logic behind your question. Institutionalized religions always try to win arguments by telling others to provide "credible sources". Yet the only sources that religions deem "credible" are ones that agree with their BS religion! I hope you can see how intellectually dishonest your question really is.
I will let you determine which sources are valid. i just want to see a list. The problem is that you are getting defensive and not being open with your beliefs. Simply show me a list with YOUR detailed sources. I'm not judging.

Then, answer a simple question -- you say you are following "every law I possibly can."

Why then are there laws you can't follow? Are you coming short? Are the laws flawed?

Simplelogic

I will let you determine which sources are valid. i just want to see a list. The problem is that you are getting defensive and not being open with your beliefs. Simply show me a list with YOUR detailed sources. I'm not judging.

Then, answer a simple question -- you say you are following "every law I possibly can."

Why then are there laws you can't follow? Are you coming short? Are the laws flawed?
I am not being defensive. I am simply responding to the circular logic in your question.

There are laws which can't be performed until the return of the Temple. Also, the restoration of the Levites will allow for all commands to be relevant again in the future. This does not mean the laws are flawed? On the contrary, the law itself outlined what would happen to Israel IF they rejected the Torah. It is extremely easy to determine which commandments are applicable for now. If it pertains specifically to the Temple then of course it can't be done.

rosends

I am not being defensive. I am simply responding to the circular logic in your question.

There are laws which can't be performed until the return of the Temple. Also, the restoration of the Levites will allow for all commands to be relevant again in the future. This does not mean the laws are flawed? On the contrary, the law itself outlined what would happen to Israel IF they rejected the Torah. It is extremely easy to determine which commandments are applicable for now. If it pertains specifically to the Temple then of course it can't be done.
OK, so which are applicable now? You should have a list with the verses explaining what to do to keep that commandment. And can you show me where the temple is mentioned in the Torah?

Simplelogic

And no, I don't agree with the Pharisaic practice of recreating the Temple experience inside the home. There is no precedent for Temple law to be applied this way in the written Torah. It is purely a man made concept. Well intentioned possibly, but still unfounded in Torah. The reinvention of Temple practices in the home has only served to diminish the need of the TRUE TEMPLE which God promises to restore. Most Jews today are content with diaspora because they have a cozy religious system which has subconsciously denied the need for the future Temple (along with the animal sacrifices).

raph

In your first Torah quote, God forbits to add man made laws. Where does He say that He wont change his own laws, that he wont send a messenger with different laws, or that the Torah will be the true law for the whole mankind until eternity?

Simplelogic

OK, so which are applicable now? You should have a list with the verses explaining what to do to keep that commandment. And can you show me where the temple is mentioned in the Torah?
Listen my friend. I have debated numerous Rabbinic apologist like you and I know when I am being set up to play your game. I like how you said:

"You should have a list with the verses explaining what to do to keep that commandment."

This statement only shows the level of indoctrination you already have concerning the true Torah. You see it as something that is complex and difficult to understand. Thus creating the need for a comprehensive set of rules which outline how to keep each individual command, thus making room for your "hidden oral Torah). BS. The Torah is not difficult to understand. Your Rabbi's have created a problem that doesn't exist in the text. They have also cleverly provided the solution to this "problem".

rosends

Listen my friend. I have debated numerous Rabbinic apologist like you and I know when I am being set up to play your game. I like how you said:

"You should have a list with the verses explaining what to do to keep that commandment."

This statement only shows the level of indoctrination you already have concerning the true Torah. You see it as something that is complex and difficult to understand. Thus creating the need for a comprehensive set of rules which outline how to keep each individual command, thus making room for your "hidden oral Torah). BS. The Torah is not difficult to understand. Your Rabbi's have created a problem that doesn't exist in the text. They have also cleverly provided the solution to this "problem".
And by saying this you have avoided clearly stated what you do and what it is based on. You are imputing motives to me and assuming my agenda. Why not just write about what you do and what it is based on? Is there a problem with the request?

Simplelogic

In your first Torah quote, God forbits to add man made laws. Where does He say that He wont change his own laws, that he wont send a messenger with different laws, or that the Torah will be the true law for the whole mankind until eternity?

Because it is illogical to assume that God would create a law. Call it perfect. Tell people not to follow prophets who teach any other law. Then suddenly come back and change His own law. Besides the prophets all state that the reason for Israel's destruction is because of their failure to obey His law. They also state that the reason for Israel's restoration (in the end days) will be because they came back to His commands. Obviously implying they will still be relevant.

Simplelogic

And by saying this you have avoided clearly stated what you do and what it is based on. You are imputing motives to me and assuming my agenda. Why not just write about what you do and what it is based on? Is there a problem with the request?
You are setting up a straw man argument. I am simply pointing it out.

Flankerl

I'm a teacher. It's the summer. Gotta keep busy.

I'll spoiler it for you.

Only he through the vastness of his genius realised the true meaning of the Torah. Therefore only he adheres to it, everyone else doesn't and obviously should do as he does.

Enjoy.

rosends

I'll spoiler it for you.

Only he through the vastness of his genius realised the true meaning of the Torah. Therefore only he adheres to it, everyone else doesn't and obviously should do as he does.

Enjoy.
That's fine -- I'm just trying to get a sense of exactly what he does so I can do the same. It isn't often I get to discuss theology with a genius so I'll enjoy the ride.

Simplelogic

I'll spoiler it for you.

Enjoy.
I never said anything like this. Those who claim to be covenant keepers should study the Torah and decide for themselves how to best keep it. This takes personal struggle and sincerity which causes relationship. The concept of yielding to a group of "spiritual leaders" who claim the full mantle of textual interpretation is lazy and disingenuous. Every man will stand before their maker ON THEIR OWN.

I also don't believe that those of other faiths must follow my religious beliefs in order to be restored to God.

Also, I have never asserted to be a genius at all. Funny how you think it takes a genius to understand Torah when the Torah itself says the opposite.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Don't see it matters what laws someone follows, to state that it is clear that Christianity, Pharisaic Judaism, and partially Islam, have circumnavigated around laws by changing things.... Even the books themselves tell us that. :rolleyes:

They're all sects of a much older religion, even if some do assert to be the orthodox, organized, official, etc...

It is part of human nature, we see this in all religions globally....
  • It starts with an author,
  • then we get priests editing,
  • then oral traditions get made up,
  • .... :confused:

It is comical that everyone takes them self so seriously, that they're still trying to assert only theirs was the original message. :innocent:

Last edited: