• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is ISIS still around?

Theweirdtophat

No one finds it strange that these punks with a few guns are still around? How long as this conflict been taking place. They aren't a countrym, they are a terrorist group, so what is taking so long for countries to defeat them? The middle eastern countries alone should have stopped them by now. Why are they stalling?

lostwanderingsoul

I know the atheists and non-Christians will complain but here is an idea. Up until world war II the US was a mostly Christian country. we were able to beat Japan and Germany against overwhelming odds because God was on our side. around that time we began to turn away from God and so God began to turn away from us. just a few years after a huge victory in world war II we could not beat a miserable little country like North Korea. then we could not beat North Vietnam. we have not won any war since then. God has taken His power from us and we are not strong enough to do anything by ourselves. when ISIS decides to invade the US it will not be a pretty sight.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No one finds it strange that these punks with a few guns are still around? How long as this conflict been taking place. They aren't a countrym, they are a terrorist group, so what is taking so long for countries to defeat them? The middle eastern countries alone should have stopped them by now. Why are they stalling?
Because they are crazy, not stupid, whereas our leaders are stupid but not crazy. Lack of political will?

Theweirdtophat

I know the atheists and non-Christians will complain but here is an idea. Up until world war II the US was a mostly Christian country. we were able to beat Japan and Germany against overwhelming odds because God was on our side. around that time we began to turn away from God and so God began to turn away from us. just a few years after a huge victory in world war II we could not beat a miserable little country like North Korea. then we could not beat North Vietnam. we have not won any war since then. God has taken His power from us and we are not strong enough to do anything by ourselves. when ISIS decides to invade the US it will not be a pretty sight.

We stopped North Korea from taking South Korea. I'd say that was at least a stalemate even though they didn't defeat North Korea, they at least stopped them from taking South Korea. What about the Gulf War? Didn't we win that? Vietnam was just fighting by itself. China was also helping them, too. It's possible ISIS is being helped by other countries in the middle east.

Flankerl

just a few years after a huge victory in world war II we could not beat a miserable little country like North Korea.

lol uhm you do realise that South Korea and the UN almost won right? But then 1,3 million of these guys happened.
chinese-enter-korea-300x225.jpg

And I am gonna say it: The US should've used nukes on Chinese troops. Just the way it is. It was the one chance to win the war. North Korea will enslave its population for all eternity.

we have not won any war since then. God has taken His power from us and we are not strong enough to do anything by ourselves. when ISIS decides to invade the US it will not be a pretty sight.

Oh hey Mr Evangelical Christian in denial. Fun fact: God didn't help the US, ever.
And another fun fact: IS can not "invade" the US.

Theweirdtophat

lol uhm you do realise that South Korea and the UN almost won right? But then 1,3 million of these guys happened.
chinese-enter-korea-300x225.jpg

And I am gonna say it: The US should've used nukes on Chinese troops. Just the way it is. It was the one chance to win the war. North Korea will enslave its population for all eternity.

Oh hey Mr Evangelical Christian in denial. Fun fact: God didn't help the US, ever.
And another fun fact: IS can not "invade" the US.

What kind of logic is this? Nukes are absurd as it explodes and take out a huge area. It's risky because well, you're likely to hurt innocents, which I thought, silly me, you weren't supposed to hurt in war. Yeah I know innocents get hurt but that doesn't mean you act carelessly or go out of your way to hurt them. Not to mention that radiation could have drifted over to Russia and that'd make them angry and you'd have another war.

No North Korea will not enslave them for eternity. Nothing lasts forever and the system over there will collapse like every other totalitarian system. And what makes you think IS can't invade America? They've already invaded other countries and the possibility of invading others isn't implausible.

dust1n

Zindīq
Not enough Christians willing to go fight them on their own without big federal government funding them.

lostwanderingsoul

and I'm sure no one thought they could invade Iran or Syria or any of the other places they have. and I don't know how to prove God did not help any more than proving He did. Did He help the Israelites escape slavery in Egypt?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

Besides this being just silly (no offense) it wasn't a matter of us not beating North Korea or Viet Nam, it was a matter of leaders without the proper cajones allowing us to defeat these armies. Check your history, Truman would not let Mcarthur proceed past the 38th parallel and Nixon would not bomb the hell out Laos, Cambodia, and Hanoi. The mining of Haiphong Harbor would have strangled the North Viet Nam forces but this, also, was verboten.

Last edited:

Awoon

They want The U.S. to do everything for them. Wipe their Butts, Buy their oil, Play golf on their gold coasts. Then stick it to us. Obama is smart not fighting ISIS. Let the Semites in the Near & Middle East take care of themselves. They all hate America anyhow.

Last edited:

They are a country, a nation with its own government occupying a particular territory. They have an army, not 'a few punks with guns', and have a level of tactical and operational sophistication. May of them have been fighting for a decade, or even longer, and many have both a high level of training and a wealth of battlefield experience. The cannon fodder neophytes are not the people doing the bulk of the fighting and are not the people calling the shots, although they do provide a great deal of suicide bombers who 'pilot' precision guided explosive devices.

Dropping a few bombs is not going to defeat them, and are the 'boots on the ground' really a superior fighting force?

Theweirdtophat

You're overestimating them. They should not take this long. These aren't the Nazi's people who actually were a threat. They aren't a nation, just a terrorist group occupying an area. You really mean to tell me these countries like America and middle eastern countries who can bomb and or squash them with tanks and vehicles are really struggling against this group? Someone is probably helping them which is why they are still around and maybe one of the middle eastern countries are. Who knows really?

Servant_of_the_One1

The reasons why ISIS are still there are as followed:
1) These terrorists are professional fighters not afraid to die. They are not fools with ak47 firing at stuff. They have plans when ambushing army positions. Even Kurds from YPQ( one of most powerful kurdish groups) admit that they are battlehardened terrorists, more agressive than alqeada.
2) Assad kills people left and right, some syrians have no choice but to join isis to seek revenge
3) Iraqi Shia Govt is extremely sectarian taking orders from Iran, for this reason iraqi sunnis support isis not because they love them but they see iraqi sectarian govt worse than isis. They are worried about the sectarian Iranian Hand reaching as far as Yemen.
4) the arab regimes in syria and iraq are too weak and sectarian
5) cash from rich arabs in the gulfstates
6) Genius Baathists are the driving force of isis leadership. Baghdadi is just a puppet, the real leaders are the baathists officials who wishes to return by using isis.

dust1n

Zindīq
You don't need a navy. This is a terrorist group, not a country. What makes you think they can't sneak over the borders?

I guess when I think invasion, I think of like... you know an actual existential threat to the existence of a nation. Even if ISIS sent ten thousand suicide bombers to America to kill indiscriminately, they wouldn't have actually progressed to invading the country, nor would they have likely affected my life at all. That doesn't actually threaten the state.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No one finds it strange that these punks with a few guns are still around?

The Muslim leadership "crossed a diamond with a pearl". They have reverted to their Islamic roots. They confidently assert that murder, rape, and theft is what Allah wants sometimes, and they can back it up with the Quran. So people who are sufficiently ruthless and Godly buy it.

Ancient Islamic culture has reappeared in the 21st century and it is working every bit as well as it did 1300 years ago.
Tom

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Oh my god. You have to be ****ing kidding me. I should be getting paid for this **** by now, I do it so often. Is cracking open a book really that impossible? Do I need to write this out in crayon? Here goes;

One, I must've forgotten the two Iraqi victory parades through Washington. And it's not that we couldn't beat North Korea, it's that we weren't willing to bathe the planet in nuclear fire just so a dictator we liked could ruin Pyongyang rather than the Kims.

I didn't know Germany was a non-Christian nation. Or that God was also supporting the officially atheist Soviet Union, who did most of the heavy-lifting against Germany, and had won the war before we entered. American entry into WW2 was just pointing out of the obvious, barring a serious disaster on the Soviet side, Germany had lost the war by '42, it was just a question of how much Axis and Soviet blood would grease the gears of Stalin's march into Berlin.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
This is likely true. But I would not be surprised to learn that God's favour used to be based on who had the best & most artillery, and now is about who has the best & most air-power.