• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do Islamic States Persecute Atheists ?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
um...
Because Muslims are so weak in their faith they have to remove any thing and every thing they think might possibly destroy it?

gsa

um...
Because Muslims are so weak in their faith they have to remove any thing and every thing they think might possibly destroy it?

It would certainly seem to imply that. You would think that a religion that claims it has rational evidence for its position would not fear reasonable debate and discussion on these points, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Deidre

Interesting to note, I took a look at Wikipedia, and apparently, one can receive the death penalty for practicing atheism, in Saudi Arabia.

Practicing atheism? lol Atheism isn't a religion to be practiced.
^_^

I can't help but think that these governments are misinterpreting the teachings of Islam, because forcing religion on others, is against its teachings.

gsa

Saudi arabia? Seriously?
They forbid women to drive cars and forbid children to make snowman lol

In their eyes i should receive lashings for writing that.

Also Egypt. There are 13 countries where atheists can be executed, all of them Muslim majority.

Pretty hard to deny that this has no relationship to the religion.

Servant_of_the_One1

Also Egypt. There are 13 countries where atheists can be executed, all of them Muslim majority.

Pretty hard to deny that this has no relationship to the religion.

Its their interpretation of islam. Maybe they believe peaceful apostates should also be executed. Many muslims dont agree with that. They believe in "no compulsion in religion" for the peaceful apostasy.

gsa

Its their interpretation of islam. Maybe they believe peaceful apostates should also be executed. Many muslims dont agree with that. They believe in "no compulsion in religion" for the peaceful apostasy.

Do you think state murder of atheists is a legitimate interpretation of Islam?

Servant_of_the_One1

Seeker,
They believe in the hadith that says. "Whoever changes his religion, kill him".
However i believe that hadith goes against Quran and Sunnah, and thus i cannot take that hadith above Quran and Sunnah(authentic hadiths).
The rule is if one hadith contradicts Quran and Other authentic hadith, then u must not accept such hadith. It is illogical to believe prophet Muhammad pbuh said that, when Allah swt said "there is no compulsion in religion" and "whoever wants to believe let him do so, and whoever wants to disbelieve let him".
The prophet PBUH cannot contradict Allah swt. So either the hadith is false, or it is distorted(some parts left out).

Because of the hadith they are saying it is legitimate to kill all apostates, peaceful and non-peaceful apostastes.

gsa

Seeker,
They believe in the hadith that says. "Whoever changes his religion, kill him".
However i believe that hadith goes against Quran and Sunnah, and thus i cannot take that hadith above Quran and Sunnah(authentic hadiths).
The rule is if one hadith contradicts Quran and Other authentic hadith, then u must not accept such hadith. It is illogical to believe prophet Muhammad pbuh said that, when Allah swt said "there is no compulsion in religion" and "whoever wants to believe let him do so, and whoever wants to disbelieve let him".
The prophet PBUH cannot contradict Allah swt. So either the hadith is false, or it is distorted(some parts left out).

Because of the hadith they are saying it is legitimate to kill all apostates, peaceful and non-peaceful apostastes.

What distinguishes peaceful apostates from non-peaceful ones? Is an atheist who publicly proclaims that Islam is false a peaceful apostate?

Servant_of_the_One1

What distinguishes peaceful apostates from non-peaceful ones? Is an atheist who publicly proclaims that Islam is false a peaceful apostate?

You mean such kind of apostate within muslim country?

Well the Quran and Hadith states that the apostate who separates from the Jama'ah(muslims) and joins the enemies, is to be killed. Or the apostate that goes against the law and order, publicly calling for disbelief and insults the religion Or calls to uprising. We are talking about warlike apostasy. At the time of prophet pbuh apostates would ofcourse join the enemies(makkan polytheists). So this is treason.

With warlike apostasy i dont mean apostate that challenges muslims in debates on tv aslong it happens in respectful way.
To give example of warlike apostates by naming people i think most cases about ayaan hersi ali, salman rushdi.

However i never agreed with killing peaceful apostates. Muslims who left the religion, they mind their own business by going to church/synagogue/atheistBowling ( :D ). It goes against Quran and Sunnah.

Last edited by a moderator:

MD

qualiaphile
Are there many opportunities to build snowmen in SA?

It snowed where I lived in SA a little. There were regions where it snowed a lot. There is the Hijaz mountain range.

However I think that fatwa was more so for Muslims living outside SA.

Deidre

Saudi arabia? Seriously?
They forbid women to drive cars and forbid children to make snowman lol

In their eyes i should receive lashings for writing that.

Can you imagine waking up everyday...and what guides your day is anger, hate and seeking to punish others? It would be exhausting and a sad way to live. I can't believe in 2015, there are STILL countries in the world, who govern that way, and/or support extremist groups who are 'motivated' by that way of life. So sad. :(

I think of the people within ISIS, who could be using all of their talents and energies to do good in the world, but instead are brainwashed and motivated by hate. It's just so horribly sad.