• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why are so many people against islam ?

i know its a wierd question - but muslism always say islam is of peace and truth - so then why has there been such an uprise in people who despise islam ? I am its a relgion of peace right - so then why are millions and milllions of peeople against ? just to clarify - i have no problem with muslims just the quran as its a book of hate that teaches hate - is the quran a book of hate ? imo - yes

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
I don't accept that so many people are against Islam. Islam seems to be moving along fine in the UK.
In recent years I've begun to see (who I presume to be) Muslim people here in Ireland. They get along fine.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
i know its a wierd question - but muslism always say islam is of peace and truth - so then why has there been such an uprise in people who despise islam ? I am its a relgion of peace right - so then why are millions and milllions of peeople against ? just to clarify - i have no problem with muslims just the quran as its a book of hate that teaches hate - is the quran a book of hate ? imo - yes

Quran is peaceful and rational.
The whole life of Muhammad was for establishing freedom of religion,freedom of speech and dignity of humanity.

One needs to understand it.

Regards

"Born Eunuch"

Anonymous American Black Male

Interesting...I'm not Muslim and I'm not any religion but strangely I was having a conversation with someone(s) recently about is the Bible a book that teaches hate...the conversation was about 2 Cor. 6:14-15 in the Bible and the Amplified Bible's translation of it, which is:

"(14)Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers [do not make mismated alliances with them or come under a different yoke with them, inconsistent with your faith]. For what partnership have right living and right standing with God with iniquity and lawlessness? Or how can light have fellowship with darkness? (15)What harmony can there be between Christ and Belial [the devil]? Or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?"

I chose the Amplified Bible because it is described as a translation that "...allows the reader to more completely grasp the meaning of the words as they were understood in the original languages..." (as cited at Amplified Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.)

I asked, is characterizing unbelievers in Christianity as "iniquitous," "lawless," "dark," and "devilish" hate-speech? It is to me...maybe the Abrahamic God just hates unbelievers...

-

Kirran

Premium Member
Islam is not a supremacist religion.

By this I believe he means that Islam, as she is generally practiced, holds Muslims above non-Muslims.

Muslims are going to jannah. It is the Islamic legal system which is the perfect one for humanity. etc.

JoStories

Its doesn't teach hate anymore than the Bible does, it a matter of how the reader interprets the verses. Have you forgotten the heinous crimes of the RCC 500 years ago? How about the current cults and misguided alleged christians targeting GLBT community or some that even continue to preach 'white pride world wide'? What people hate are the poeple who perpetuate heinous acts in the name of their faith. And that is not exclusive to Islam.

Moishe3rd

Yehudi
Weird justifications here. The only country torturing and executing gay folk are Muslim countries. The only places currently involved in mass slaughter of their own or others are Muslims.
It's a problem now, not 500 years ago....

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
By this I believe he means that Islam, as she is generally practiced, holds Muslims above non-Muslims.

Muslims are going to jannah. It is the Islamic legal system which is the perfect one for humanity. etc.

The above understanding is incorrect and needs to be corrected.
If a Muslim does a wrong thing he will suffer for it as will a non-Muslim would suffer. Only good deeds will flourish whether done by a Muslim or a non-Muslim.

Regards

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Really? So why are these freedoms so blatantly absent from muslim-majority societies?
That is a major reason people despise islam.
Not to mention of the sheer brutality and killing that is going on in attempts to assert control and dominance. As already mentioned.

Forever_Catholic

Here's an interesting web site that explains a lot about why so many people are against Islam:
True History of Islam, Mohammed and the Koran

And here's a quote from it to get you started:

Christian & Jewish martyrs say; "I will die for what I believe".
A Muslim martyr says; "You will die for what I believe".

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Islam is not a supremacist religion.
I beg to differ. Islam quite explicitly seeks political power and establishes the rights of Muslims as different and superior to those of non-Muslims.

It even makes a point of saying that it knows better what Judaism and Christianity "meant to teach" than Judaism and Christianity themselves have managed to keep from their original transmissions.

In which sense is that not supremacism?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The short list in Intolerance in the Quran shall be of use, then.

Be aware though that I don't think it is very proper to quote scripture, under any circunstances. A religious person should speak his or her own Dharma at any given moment, without relying on static words.

People have quite insistently attempted to read the Quran under a more generous light, but the text itself just doesn't help it. It is too bad that it is essentially contradictory to be a Muslim who knows better than the Quran, but that is what would need to be widely accepted as natural for Islam to much rise above its early-medieval ethical values.

"Born Eunuch"

Anonymous American Black Male
Something interesting about this to me is the subject of the goyim in the Jewish religion...talking about the Abrahamic religions and their views about non-members of their faiths, I wonder what do the Jews believe about "the goyim" (non-Jews,) said term I've heard sometimes has a pejorative sense.

Can any Jew here talk about the goyim and what are Jewish views of them (us?)

-

soupbone

I believe that the issue is Arab culture and the Arabs as a people and not really Islam. I will present a case for this and let you draw your own conclusions.

There are about 30 million Chinese Muslims in China. These are ethnic (Han) Chinese who happen to practice the Islamic faith instead of say, Buddhism. You never read about or hear anything about these people engaging in violence, beheading, suicide bombing, stoning apostates or infidels. Nothing. Even among brown skinned peoples-say Turks or Indians-no other ethnic groups are even remotely as violent and oppressive as Arabs. The Muslim religious scholar Reza Aslan really breaks down what Im talking about in this short video. It is probably the most entertaining and informative thing you will watch all month.