• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who are the modern descendants of today's Gurus?

ronki23

As I see that a number of the Gurus are not related, does this mean that many of their descendants are alive today?

While the stories of Gurus tell us that successor ship is not based on family, it would be interesting to know that their descendants walk among us right?

Also (unrelated), do Sikhs visit Pakistan on pilgrimage? I heard the original Gurudwara and Guru Nanak's birthplace were in Lahore. Is there a reason Amritsar was chosen as the centre for Sikhism?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sb1995

Om Sai Ram
There are still Sikh's living in Pakistan and Afghanistan till this day. Unfortunately they aren't treated with much respect due to crazy minded Muslims that occupy the place. Guru Nanak was indeed born in Pakistan and his Gurdwara's are there.

ronki23

There are still Sikh's living in Pakistan and Afghanistan till this day. Unfortunately they aren't treated with much respect due to crazy minded Muslims that occupy the place. Guru Nanak was indeed born in Pakistan and his Gurdwara's are there.

Sikhism is a relatively new religion; i'm sure there must be descendants of the Gurus. I am surprised there is no record

ronki23

It's not important.

Was there really a need for that post?

Surely if Christians found descendants of Jesus or Muslims found descendants of Muhammad (the most direct lineage is actually the Jordanian Royal Family) they would want to know.

Treks

You said you were surprised there is no record of Guru Sahiban descendants. I said it's not important. In some religions, tracing lineages is very important, so they keep track of it. Sikhi has no use for lineages, so it doesn't keep a record (to my knowledge, anyway).

Who you are is of little relevance when it comes to one's relationship to Ik Onkar.

Last edited: