• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are the remains of Jesus of Nazareth?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Another clue of Jesus remains:
350px-Rozabal.JPG

Roza Bal shrine – The sign reads "Ziarati Hazrati Youza Asouph and Syed Nasir-u-Din."

"According to Fida Hassnain, a supporter of Ahmadi beliefs, the tomb contains a rock carving that is said to show feet bearing crucifixion wounds and the body is buried according to what Hassnain considers are the Jewish tradition of directions and not according to the Islamic tradition.[11]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roza_Bal
Regards

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Another clue of Jesus remains:
350px-Rozabal.JPG

Roza Bal shrine – The sign reads "Ziarati Hazrati Youza Asouph and Syed Nasir-u-Din."

"According to Fida Hassnain, a supporter of Ahmadi beliefs, the tomb contains a rock carving that is said to show feet bearing crucifixion wounds and the body is buried according to what Hassnain considers are the Jewish tradition of directions and not according to the Islamic tradition.[11]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roza_Bal
Regards
...the only thing any of that means is that, at some point in time, a Jew with holes in his feet was buried there. It's not automatically Jesus. If I were to find a tomb with the Greek for 'Alexander' on it, I wouldn't jump to saying it's Alexander of Macedon out of the gate.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
...the only thing any of that means is that, at some point in time, a Jew with holes in his feet was buried there. It's not automatically Jesus. If I were to find a tomb with the Greek for 'Alexander' on it, I wouldn't jump to saying it's Alexander of Macedon out of the gate.
What would you g to ascertain the truth in that?
Regards

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Burial methods, the date of the corpse, what else was in the tomb with the body, physical features, and in the case of Alexander, signs of combat-related injuries.

Circumstantial evidence coupled with assumption. Sounds like the entire atheist belief system to me.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Circumstantial evidence coupled with assumption. Sounds like the entire atheist belief system to me.

That was not an assumption about the circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence only gets you so far.

But it would be an improvement over ancient hearsay and more recent delusions, like the entire religious beliefs system.
Tom

First Baseman

Retired athlete
That was not an assumption about the circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence only gets you so far.

But it would be an improvement over ancient hearsay and more recent delusions, like the entire religious beliefs system.
Tom

Says you. I think I can trust the Almighty Holy God before I trust in any circumstantial evidence and the theories of men. As a matter of fact I am sure of it.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Says you. I think I can trust the Almighty Holy God before I trust in any circumstantial evidence and the theories of men. As a matter of fact I am sure of it.

And how do you know that the Almighty God is not a theory of man?

Ciao

- viole

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Actually what Nietzsche is talking about is empirical evidence. The method of burial, the condition of the corpse, items buried with the corpse etc. He was giving a list of things that can actually be seen, touched, measured. Things that can be directly observed. Empirical evidence.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Really? Because you believe scientific theories that change all the time? Good luck with that.
Theories that change according to developments, discoveries and new information.Sort of like how the theory of Miasma was discarded in favour of Germ Theory.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Actually what Nietzsche is talking about is empirical evidence. The method of burial, the condition of the corpse, items buried with the corpse etc. He was giving a list of things that can actually be seen, touched, measured. Things that can be directly observed. Empirical evidence.
Such remains are buried in the Roza Bal.
Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I just gave the clues and suggested in some of my posts that carbon-dating of relics and DNA checking of the person buried there should be done and also suggested that those should be checked with the DNAs of the persons who claims to be progeny of Jesus or his relatives. Is that not possible?
Regards

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Really.
I have found it works better than believing things taught by ancient people or claimed by ancient books or intoned by modern people with an agenda.
I have less faith in humans than you do. I want some results, or at least peer review.
Tom

First Baseman

Retired athlete

All circumstantial, nevertheless.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Theories that change according to developments, discoveries and new information.Sort of like how the theory of Miasma was discarded in favour of Germ Theory.

Wow. I'm sure glad we'll always have the unchanging Genesis account. Genesis needn't be changed because it is correct. It needs no tweaks. But you can stay with your ever changing theories if you will if that's okay for you.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
Really.
I have found it works better than believing things taught by ancient people or claimed by ancient books or intoned by modern people with an agenda.
I have less faith in humans than you do. I want some results, or at least peer review.
Tom

It doesn't sound like it. You seem readily able and willing to me to accept the explanations of humans that are based on speculation, circumstantial evidence and guesswork.