• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Big Deal with Israel?

Skwim

Veteran Member
"This chart shows where the US’s $5.9 billion in foreign military aid goes each year

original.jpg

source

That's 53% of all foreign military aid! . .53

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Off-hand, I would say its going towards ensuring that all the other dots on the map don't remove it.
I don't see Jordan really gunning for Israel, if I'm honest. Egypt maybe. Iraq I could probably give you(though they lack any & all capability), Pakistan is full of ****s so yeah..

Not that many other dots. 3, 4 tops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Off-hand, I would say its going towards ensuring that all the other dots on the map don't remove it.

That seems to me a pretty good reason for the aide. Of course, we could let the other dots remove Israel and then write books, films, and plays about how sad the holocaust was when that happened. That's the usual way for humans to deal with these sorts of things. But I rather prefer prevention to lamentation.

Flankerl

I dont get why you pro-palestinians always have to lie about these maps.

1917: Ottoman Empire, no Palestine
1946: United Kingdom, no Palestine (also Jewish settlement began long before 1946) (also WW2 ended in 1945)
1947: United Kingdom, no Palestine
1948: Neat that there is no mention of the Arab countries starting the war. :)
2014: So where is the area which Israel holds in the Gaza strip? Just wondering
Future: Oh we have someone who can see the future among us!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

1946: United Kingdom, no Palestine (also Jewish settlement began long before 1946) (also WW2 ended in 1945)

What's the deal with this "No Palestine" stuff? You go back far enough in the history of any country on earth and "No country".

Flankerl

What's the deal with this "No Palestine" stuff? You go back far enough in the history of any country on earth and "No country".

Of course. But various people claim that a country called Palestine existed back then. But it didn't. The people didn't even call themselves Palestinians.

And as you can see the map says Palestine when it should say Ottoman Empire, United Kingdom etc.

Its a factual error and when done with the clear intent to spread factual errors its lying.

rosends

But the claim in that map is proactively that at a certain point in history, there was a "Palestine". That is misleading at best, and inaccurate regardless.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Of course. But various people claim that a country called Palestine existed back then. But it didn't. The people didn't even call themselves Palestinians.

And as you can see the map says Palestine when it should say Ottoman Empire, United Kingdom etc.

Its a factual error and when done with the clear intent to spread factual errors its lying.

Ok. I see where you're coming from now.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member

1917: Ottoman Empire, no Palestine (and there was NO ISRAEL )
1946: United Kingdom, no Palestine (also Jewish settlement began long before 1946) (also WW2 ended in 1945) (and there was NO ISRAEL )
1947: United Kingdom, no Palestine (and there was NO ISRAEL )
1948: Neat that there is no mention of the Arab countries starting the war. :) ( because the declaration of Jews to their nation from one side, Jews start kick out Arabs )
I add comment by bold inside your reply

seems you don't understand the map , there was no Israel or Palestine , it's relate the fact of two nations Arabs and Zionists , which label them self (Palestinians and Israelis ) now .

for 2014 for Gaza , you are right , i don't notice that ,but for West Bank that for sure there is settlement .

btw i just copy/paste this image , i did not made it :)

dust1n

Zindīq
"This chart shows where the US’s $5.9 billion in foreign military aid goes each year

Quite simply, American hegemony has an obvious interest in the preservation of Israel and Saudi Arabia, and Egypt.

Don't worry, they'll all be losing it soon enough.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member

Eh. Technically you are right. But if we go by internal divisions, well, the British Mandate of Palestine and all that.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Netanyahu said a Palestinian asked Hitler to burn the Jews, was there Palestinians ?!