• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What "the end of days" means to you. Open to Abrahamic faiths.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Seriously can't believe you even have to ask that, there are so many references throughout the prophets of the 'day of vengeance', 'the great day of the lord', etc. :rolleyes:
[VERSE]Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.[/VERSE]

The OP has no relevance to my religious beliefs, either.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The OP has no relevance to my religious beliefs, either.
The text speaks for its self globally, if you choose to have your own beliefs contrary to what is written... That isn't unusual. o_O
What does that mean to you?
^ As just saying ^, the question is incorrectly phrased to get a concise answer, since everyone can misinterpret text (believe) anyways they see fit.... Yet based on what is written there are clear references in almost all religions globally, with similar statements of what will take effect.... Thus based on probability, of all texts as one:
  • There is an end to the days of ungodliness.
  • There will be some form of cleansing of the earth with what appears as fire.
  • There is a great deception/delusion over the reality currently, where many have been deceived to remove them later.
  • There isn't an end to mankind's souls as such, it is more of a new beginning.... With a reformatting of the hard-drive, to put a better operating system on it.
  • :innocent:

Tumah

Veteran Member
Seriously can't believe you even have to ask that, there are so many references throughout the prophets of the 'day of vengeance', 'the great day of the lord', etc. :rolleyes:
[VERSE]Isa 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.[/VERSE]
Yes, but that wasn't the question. The question was the phrase "end of days" and the OP wanted to discuss some sort of earthly destruction.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The text speaks for its self globally, if you choose to have your own beliefs contrary to what is written... That isn't unusual. o_O

The text isn't even literal. So having my own beliefs, will depend on my interpretation, as it would anyone else reading the text.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
jeager106 said:
The end of days in this post means the end of mankinds rule on this earth.

If you don't mind; would you tell us if you are a Jew or a Jehovah witness Christian? No compulsion whatsoever, please.

Regards

End of days is also mentioned in Buddhist, Hindu , Zoroastrian and Muslim scriptures; why restrict it to Jewish and Christian scriptures. Please

Regards

12jtartar

Premium Member
What does that mean to you? For instance many believe that the earth will be destroyed
and those found to be righteous will be whisked away to heaven to sing praises to God
24/7. ( Sounds like hell to me.)
Wicked and corrupt will be cast into some kind of hell where there is fire and pain
forever and ever with no hope of ever reconciling with God.
Still others believe that the wicked and corrupt, those under influence of satan will be destroyed
by Jesus, the righteous will live on an earth cleansed of sin, in perfect health to serve and
worship God living in harmony on this earth.
There are many more views of course but what is your take?
Back up your views with scripture if you can or want to.
What does "the last days", the "end times" mean to you & your religious convictions?
What will it mean to you AFTER the war between good and evil. What would it be like to live
in a world free of evil influence? Will we still have a tech driven world, the internet, modern
tools, transportaion, etc?
Or will we live in villages and farmettes and grow our own food,stepping back thousands of
years untill we mature and "get it right" next time?
Athiest and non believers are welcome to comment if they desire.
I'm intersted in everyones views and citations are encouraged but not required.
Important to me is your attitude about the end times, the conclusion of this system
of mankinds rules. Do you view the end of this worldy system as a positive or negative
event?

jeager106,
We really do not have to speculate about what will happen to this earth, in the very near future, the Bible tells us clearly.
God wants us to know, because when He sends Jesus back to earth, it will be to Judge mankind, and only those who Know God and obey Jesus, will survive the Last Days. That means the last days of this wicked system of things, which will continue to get worse until the end, 2Thes 1:6-9, 2Tim 3:1-7.
The Bible never uses the term, end of days, but it uses the term,Last Days several times, 2Tim 3:1, 2Pet 3:3,4.
When the Bible says last days, it is telling about a specific time period, starting with Jesus being placed as King of the Messianic Kingdom, in heaven. When did that take place? If we consider, both evidences, forward in time from Daniel's time, and backward from our time, we come, unmistakably to the date 1914CE. In a great prophecy given to Daniel, about a great tree that would be cut down and banded fo seven times. These seven times amounted to 2,520 years. The prophecy used time period of 30 days to a month, 360 dats to a year. Seven times meant 7X360, which comes to 2,520, which we now understand to have amounted to 2,520 years from the time that Nebuchadnezzar, Babylon's King, destroyed Jerusalem and the great Solomon's Temple, which signaled the end of Kingdom of God on earth. Seven times later, 2,520 years later that Kingdom would again be set up on earth. The date that Babylon destroyed Israel and took captive most of the Jews was 607BC. 2,520 years later is 1914. According to Bible scriptures, after Jesus is crowned as king, there would be unpresidented trouble on, because this would also be the time when Jesus throws Satan and his demons down to earth, Rev 6:1,2. The whole 12th chapter of Revelation explains why we have had so much trouble on earth, after 1914, the birth of The Kingdom, then Satan and his demons thrown down to earth. No wonder we have had almost constant wars since then!!!
We are on the threshwhole of The Great Tribulation, but a great crowd will come out of that tribulation, Rev 7:13,14.
When The Great Tribulation is over, Armageddon, the survivors will then be in The Judgment Day, which will last for 1,000 years, Revelation chapter 20 must be read and understood. Satan will be thrown into the Abyss for the same 1,000 years as the Judgment Day, so that He cannot try to turn people away during that time. During the judgement day most of the dead will be resurrected, John 5:28,29, Acts 24:15, people will grow to perfection, and at the end of the 1,000 years, a final test, and everyone passing the test will be granted Everlasting Life.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
@12jtartar
That's exactly what I was looking for. The mathmatical formual to which the answer is 1914.
Oct of '14 in fact, just over 100 years ago.
Is it a coincidence that the Jehovahs Witnesses have been around just about 100 years also?
J.W. have been warning people of the "last days" often called the "end times" or "conclusion of this wordly
system for decades.
Now other churchs of Christendom are going the same thing but they don't go out to the people like
J.W. do.
The Restored Church of God has been speaking pretty much the same thing but without the specific dates.
The Restored Chruch of God did a 180 degree turn on heaven and hell also. The now preach the earth will abide
forever, that the meek shall inherit the earth, that only 144,000 will go to heaven, and ther ain't no such place
as hellfire and damnation.
Thanks for the huge contribution to this board.
(by the way. J.W. said the same thing about the date 1975, even publishing a book about that date)

Unification

@12jtartar
That's exactly what I was looking for. The mathmatical formual to which the answer is 1914.
Oct of '14 in fact, just over 100 years ago.
Is it a coincidence that the Jehovahs Witnesses have been around just about 100 years also?
J.W. have been warning people of the "last days" often called the "end times" or "conclusion of this wordly
system for decades.
Now other churchs of Christendom are going the same thing but they don't go out to the people like
J.W. do.
The Restored Church of God has been speaking pretty much the same thing but without the specific dates.
The Restored Chruch of God did a 180 degree turn on heaven and hell also. The now preach the earth will abide
forever, that the meek shall inherit the earth, that only 144,000 will go to heaven, and ther ain't no such place
as hellfire and damnation.
Thanks for the huge contribution to this board.
(by the way. J.W. said the same thing about the date 1975, even publishing a book about that date)[/QUOTE]

jeager106,
We really do not have to speculate about what will happen to this earth, in the very near future, the Bible tells us clearly.
God wants us to know, because when He sends Jesus back to earth, it will be to Judge mankind, and only those who Know God and obey Jesus, will survive the Last Days. That means the last days of this wicked system of things, which will continue to get worse until the end, 2Thes 1:6-9, 2Tim 3:1-7.
The Bible never uses the term, end of days, but it uses the term,Last Days several times, 2Tim 3:1, 2Pet 3:3,4.
When the Bible says last days, it is telling about a specific time period, starting with Jesus being placed as King of the Messianic Kingdom, in heaven. When did that take place? If we consider, both evidences, forward in time from Daniel's time, and backward from our time, we come, unmistakably to the date 1914CE. In a great prophecy given to Daniel, about a great tree that would be cut down and banded fo seven times. These seven times amounted to 2,520 years. The prophecy used time period of 30 days to a month, 360 dats to a year. Seven times meant 7X360, which comes to 2,520, which we now understand to have amounted to 2,520 years from the time that Nebuchadnezzar, Babylon's King, destroyed Jerusalem and the great Solomon's Temple, which signaled the end of Kingdom of God on earth. Seven times later, 2,520 years later that Kingdom would again be set up on earth. The date that Babylon destroyed Israel and took captive most of the Jews was 607BC. 2,520 years later is 1914. According to Bible scriptures, after Jesus is crowned as king, there would be unpresidented trouble on, because this would also be the time when Jesus throws Satan and his demons down to earth, Rev 6:1,2. The whole 12th chapter of Revelation explains why we have had so much trouble on earth, after 1914, the birth of The Kingdom, then Satan and his demons thrown down to earth. No wonder we have had almost constant wars since then!!!
We are on the threshwhole of The Great Tribulation, but a great crowd will come out of that tribulation, Rev 7:13,14.
When The Great Tribulation is over, Armageddon, the survivors will then be in The Judgment Day, which will last for 1,000 years, Revelation chapter 20 must be read and understood. Satan will be thrown into the Abyss for the same 1,000 years as the Judgment Day, so that He cannot try to turn people away during that time. During the judgement day most of the dead will be resurrected, John 5:28,29, Acts 24:15, people will grow to perfection, and at the end of the 1,000 years, a final test, and everyone passing the test will be granted Everlasting Life.

A bunch of head knowledge "of" the mental image of God created in one group's minds and a taking the bible literally is different than actually knowing and experiencing God.

A bunch of mind-conditioned dogma and doctrine is the last thing that anyone should be looking for or teach.

While you both have foreplay and are being conditioned actors here, because that's how you're trained by the very system, more important things in the world need done, such as the truth, and ridding of lies.

roger1440

I do stuff
The Book of the Dead Sea Scroll is not part of the Jewish Cannon, so I can't comment there.
The people who wrote them were of a "Abrahamic faith" weren't they? Correct if I'm wrong, the Jewish cannon wasn't complete when some of the Dead Sea Scrolls were written.

Tumah

Veteran Member
The people who wrote them were of a "Abrahamic faith" weren't they? Correct if I'm wrong, the Jewish cannon wasn't complete when some of the Dead Sea Scrolls were written.
I think you are missing the point I was making, but regardless, in the Jewish faith, the latest Book chronologically to be added to the cannon, I believe, is the Book of Esther, which seems to have predated the earliest DSS by ~200 years.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
What "the end of days" means to you. Open to Abrahamic faiths.

Muhammad foretold that at the end of days Messiah and Imam Mahdi would come to establish Truthful Religion by peaceful dialogue with reasonable and rational arguments.

A few prophecies from the Books of Hadith are:
    1. "Verily, God will appoint for this Ummah in the beginning of every century, those who will restore for it its faith." (Abu Da'ood, Kitabul Fitn)
    2. "By the One who owns my soul, it is nigh, of a certainty, that the son of Mary will appear among you. He will be a judge, he will be just; so he will break the cross (refute Christian doctrines with reason and arguments--Commentary on Bukhari by Ainee) and kill the swine (a figurative speech denoting greedy, dirty and annoying person-- an abomination. Killing also is through spiritual means); and he will stop war." (Bukhari, Vol. 1, Babo Nozooli Isa)
    3. "It is just possible that he who lives of you might meet Jesus the son of Mary who is the Mahdi and a just judge. He will break the cross and kill the swine..." (Masnad Ahmad Bin Hanbal, Vol. 2, p. 411)
    4. "The Ummah can never die which has me at one end and the Messiah, son of Mary, at the other." (Ibn Maja, Bab Al-I'atisam Bis-Sunnah)
    5. "There is no Mahdi but Isa." (Ibn Maja, Bab Shiddatuz Zaman)
    6. "When 1,240 years will pass, God will raise Mahdi." (An-Najmus Saqib, Vol. 2, p. 209)
    7. "What will be your condition when the son of Mary will descend among you and he will be your Imam from among yourselves." (Bukhari, Kitabul Anbiya, Bab Nazool Isa)
The son of Mary had died long before and it is an established fact that the dead can never return to this world, (The Quran, 21:95), so it is obvious that the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of God be on him, could not mean the coming of the same son of Mary who was put on the cross. Besides, the fact that the physical features of Jesus and the Promised Messiah described by the Holy Prophet (see Bukhari) are not the same is a proof positive of the fact that they are really two different persons and not one and the same. Moreover, the Holy Prophet has further made his meaning clear by saying that he would be "from among yourselves," i.e., he would neither descend from the heavens nor would be the same son of Mary, who is dead. On the other hand, he would appear from among the Muslims of the age.

The Advent of the Messiah and Mahdi

Regards

Johnlove

What does that mean to you? For instance many believe that the earth will be destroyed
and those found to be righteous will be whisked away to heaven to sing praises to God
24/7. ( Sounds like hell to me.)
Wicked and corrupt will be cast into some kind of hell where there is fire and pain
forever and ever with no hope of ever reconciling with God.
Still others believe that the wicked and corrupt, those under influence of satan will be destroyed
by Jesus, the righteous will live on an earth cleansed of sin, in perfect health to serve and
worship God living in harmony on this earth.
There are many more views of course but what is your take?
Back up your views with scripture if you can or want to.
What does "the last days", the "end times" mean to you & your religious convictions?
What will it mean to you AFTER the war between good and evil. What would it be like to live
in a world free of evil influence? Will we still have a tech driven world, the internet, modern
tools, transportaion, etc?
Or will we live in villages and farmettes and grow our own food,stepping back thousands of
years untill we mature and "get it right" next time?
Athiest and non believers are welcome to comment if they desire.
I'm intersted in everyones views and citations are encouraged but not required.
Important to me is your attitude about the end times, the conclusion of this system
of mankinds rules. Do you view the end of this worldy system as a positive or negative
event?
I believe Jesus has personally revealed to me that the world is already in the beginning of the End Time Tribulation.

How long the Tribulation will last has not been told to me.

I do know it will go one for a number of years.

How God will judge people is also something that is beyond what was revealed to me.

What I do know though, is that a sinner will never enter Heaven.

I also believe there is a place between Heaven and Hell. The people here will never go to Heaven.

This place is for those who have been saved, but did not live God’s Word fully. It is a place of punishment.

(John 12:47-48) “If anyone hears my words and does not keep them faithfully, it is not I who shall condemn him, since I have come not to condemn the world, but to save the world: he who rejects me and refuses my words has his judge already; the word itself that I have spoken will be his judge on the last day.”