• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if you could prove your psychic powers by transferring them?Into someone else?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Wouldn't work that way.

While the understanding of "psychic" powers (or even using that term to describe it at all) varies among the diverse communities of practitioners that delve into such things, it ... how to put it? This is similar to asking "what if you could prove trichromatic vision exists to someone with monochromatic vision by removing their eyeballs and sticking yours into their sockets." Even assuming their brain would be able to translate trichromatic vision in the first place - which is a really big "if" and a very generous thing to simply grant as a possibility - it would still be your eyeballs jammed in their sockets. It wouldn't prove that when your eyeballs are in your sockets that you see the same things they would be seeing. Put another way, there is really no way to verify if you and I are experiencing the green color of this text I post in the same way because it relates to qualia - a phenomenal character of something that is inexorably bound up in the subjective experience of the individual.

I'm probably not making sense. Should really work on my metaphors sometimes...