• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if the Judgement Day wasn't Exclusive?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Within multiple different text globally, there is talk of a world wide event where everything will be destroyed by a fire coming...
Now the problem is that some religions seemed to have made it personally about them, and exclude that almost all other religions have done the same. o_O

What if it isn't so exclusive, that by following one religion 'you're saved'; yet it is going to happen anyways, and only the strong in real faith, have a chance of surviving through it?

Like some cyclic cosmic event, that some have dreamed about, and even more ancient cultures, heard rumors of the last time it happened.
Or even some stupid human caused event, like the Large Hadron Collider going wrong, and breaking down the whole fabric of space time, thus also possibly causing people back in time to have dreamed about it.
Or WW3 becoming a nuclear war globally.
Or our sun going hyper nova or such a big solar flare it engulfs the earth. :blacksunrays:
Or any other ideas, you can think off that might summarize, why so many of these prophecies sound similar....?

It is funny, as even in shows like StarTrek and other dystopian future ones, often they have the reason mankind came up with a better solution to society, is that we all went through near destruction, and after those who survived rebuilt a better culture. :earthamericas:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The earth and humans will not meet their end as prophesied in religions but as in science. The closest perhaps is the Hindu Big-Crunch.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
The earth and humans will not meet their end as prophesied in religions but as in science. The closest perhaps is the Hindu Big-Crunch.
Agreed that it should be scientific, as God created the science, maths, physics, etc...That is why questioning what it is, based on an overall idea within the books and everything.

We find that idea of a new heavens (universe) and earth, within multiple traditions... Sometimes question it as being like the reformatting of a hard drive, where our idea of God is the CPU.

So the Big Crunch is like a new version of the operating system, where the reality functions much better with each optimization (yugas). :innocent:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Agreed that it should be scientific, as God created the science, maths, physics, etc...That is why questioning what it is, based on an overall idea within the books and everything.
We find that idea of a new heavens (universe) and earth, within multiple traditions... Sometimes question it as being like the reformatting of a hard drive, where our idea of God is the CPU.
So the Big Crunch is like a new version of the operating system, where the reality functions much better with each optimization (yugas). :innocent:

Please keep in mind the NEW heavens and earth of 2 Peter 3:13 is Not talking about a replacing of the material heavens and earth.
Please notice 2 Peter 3:5 where it mentions the OLD heavens and OLD earth of Noah's day.
Literal heavens and earth were Not destroyed back then, but washed away a violent society off earth.
Since Noah's day to our present day - 2 Peter 3:7 - we are in the NOW heavens and earth which is the corrupted heavens and earth.
God will bring to ruin those ruining earth - Revelation 11:18 B; Isaiah 13:9
So, the NEW heavens and NEW earth is talking about removal of wicked society - Psalms 92:7; Proverbs 2:21-22.
We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation ' on earth - Matthew 25:31-32 - when humble sheep-like people living on earth can continue to live on earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth for a thousand years.
- Revelation 20:6; 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

However, the Bible does Not prophesy earth and humans meeting their end, but rather prophesies the end of badness on earth.
Earth remains forever - Ecclesiastes 1:4 B ; Psalms 78:69 B; Psalms 93:1 B; Psalms 96:10; Psalms 104:5; 1 Chronicles 16:30
Wicked removed forever - Proverbs 2:21-22; Psalms 37:9-11; Psalms 37:29; Psalms 37:38
That is why we are being told to repent - 2 Peter 3:9 - so as Not to perish ( be destroyed ) and that we can live forever.
Some to heavenly calling - Revelation 20:6, but the majority of mankind to live forever on earth starting with Jesus' 1000-year rulership over earth when even enemy death will No longer exist on earth but everlasting health will.- 1 Corinthians 15:26; Revelation 22:2

aoji

What if the Judgement Day wasn't Exclusive?

Then it hardly matters. There is supposedly more than 1 Judgement Day, the first being as you die, the second after being dead, and a third where all have died. In Tibetan Buddhism one goes through the four Bardos and can enter over 800 hells (or is it 8000 hells?). What are the other religions that conceive of a fiery ending?

Where is a Judgement Day within Judaism? Psalm 112? Psalm 1?

To me, what the Judgment Day seems to be alluding to is the end of wickedness, the end of evil, the end of Death. Therefore the only thing pertinent is whether one knows oneself to be good or evil. Luke 13, Matthew 11

Pudding

First, need to give evidence to support those prediction of future event of judgement day.

Choices after a person have review those evidence:

a. The evidence is unconvincing to the person, so he carry on to live his life happily according his own beliefs [with/without] [religion/god].

b. The evidence is convincing to the person, so he live his life according to his new beliefs [with/without] [religion/god].

The possible situation is that the person will die before the happening of those prediction of future event of judgement day, and then those alive people who believe in those prediction will continue to spread those prediction to non-believer. Before those prediction really happen, it's still is an unknown mystery.

Those who feel those evidence is unconvincing to them will disbelieve those prediction; those who are convincing by those evidence will believe in those prediction.

What if i'll die tomorrow?
What if tomorrow is the end of the world?
What if my bad dreams come true in tomorrow?

We cannot 100% confirm what will happen in tomorrow or future, commonly not all people is prophet/foreteller/predictor.

Good choice is to live one's life unregrettable.

Some people A will say if other people B don't live B's life according to A's life, then B will be regret one day.

Some people C will only live his life according to his preferences, those A's pattern of life that C think is unconvincing to C, unconvincing is unconvincing no matter how strong A believe that A's life to be the perfect life that everyone should follow/copy.

arthra

Baha'i
I think we as Baha'is see Judgement Day in a different light... For us the "judgement" occurs when we do not recognize the Manifestation of God for this day. When people failed to recognize Jesus when He walked the earth there was a Judgement.

Here are some examples:

Woe to him who on the Day of Judgement is raised up blind, who neglected to remember his most glorious Lord, whose ears were deaf to the call which was raised in this all-highest Paradise.

(Provisional Translations, LAWH-I-AFLAKIYYIH (Universe))

He hath laid down the foundations of the lofty Citadel, He hath inaugurated the Cycle of Glory, He hath brought forth a new creation on this day that is clearly Judgement Day -- and still do the heedless stay fast in their drunken sleep.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha, p. 13)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Then it hardly matters. There is supposedly more than 1 Judgement Day, the first being as you die, the second after being dead, and a third where all have died. In Tibetan Buddhism one goes through the four Bardos and can enter over 800 hells (or is it 8000 hells?). What are the other religions that conceive of a fiery ending?
Where is a Judgement Day within Judaism? Psalm 112? Psalm 1?
To me, what the Judgment Day seems to be alluding to is the end of wickedness, the end of evil, the end of Death. Therefore the only thing pertinent is whether one knows oneself to be good or evil.
Luke 13, Matthew 11

According to Matthew 25:31,32 there is a ' judgment day ', so to speak, coming for those of us ' living on earth '.
We are nearing that soon coming ' time of separation ' for those living on earth.
Those judged or counted as righteous can remain alive on earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000 year governmental rulership over earth.

The resurrected dead brought back to healthy physical life on earth will be judged on what they do after they are resurrected during Jesus' millennium-long judgment day over earth.

Those called to heaven, or heavenly life, are part of a first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6 - but the majority of mankind will have a healthy resurrection of sound heart, mind and body to live forever on earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Will there be any left on earth after the judgment day? Earth will become like Mars or Moon, without any life; because those who say 'aye' will go go heaven and those who said 'nay' will go to hell, both for eternity; and the atheists like me will not even be raised. Of course, in the case of Indian religions, there is no raising; since there bodies will already have been destroyed by cremation.

Pudding

I hope that hell is well staffed; their going to need all the extra help they can get.
Why do you hope the hell is well staffed?

I know why, is it because to you hell is real and those who disbelieve in your religion's god will go to hell and receive those "well staffed and extra help" treatement, right?

I'll say that this hell concept is not a good concept to have and the condition to go to this version of hell is poor and unjustice.

Nonetheless, it's only your belief, non-believer will disagree with your religion's claims as the claims is unconvincing to them, just like you will disagree with every other religion's claims which contradict with your religion's claims because you feel their claims is unconvincing to you.
Edit

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Why do you hope the hell is well staffed?

I know why, is it because to you hell is real and those who disbelieve in your religion's god will go to hell and receive those "well staffed and extra help" treatement, right?

I'll say that this hell concept is not a good concept to have and the condition to go to this version of hell is poor and unjustice.

Nonetheless, it's only your belief, non-believer will disagree with your claims, just like you will disagree with every other religion's claims which contradict with your religion's claims.

Hell might be a belief, however, I don't 'just' have ''belief'', without evidence, of anything. That is xlearly what you are thinking, and it's wrong. I disagree with people, because they don't present things, in other contexts, that I would think are likely, or real; ie, if they presented some things, lol from their 'belief systems', I might agree with their beliefs. Since they don't, it's a no go. Actually, the context for my comments, is more about the mark of the beast, people are going to take it, and it's hell time because of that decision. Unfair? Dunno, it's not like everyone doesn't know about this theology lol, there isn't of an excuse of ignorance.

Last edited:

Pudding

Hell might be a belief, however, I don't 'just' have ''belief'', without evidence, of anything. That is xlearly what you are thinking, and it's wrong. I disagree with people, because they don't present things, in other contexts, that I would think are likely, or real; ie, if they presented some things, lol from their 'belief systems', I might agree with their beliefs. Since they don't, it's a no go. I've talked to many people, only a couple have 'verified' anything that I have more than just ''belief'' about; so theres good reason to disbelieve others, they seem to be wrong. Your disagreeing with me, because you think that my paradigm for belief, is incorrect, but you haven't asked me anything, we have never discussed anything regarding this, you really have no idea what my paradigm of belief/s/ actually is, so, that is not a good sign, really, that you have a justified argument against my comments, even if your right, in this context. Actually, the context for my comments, is more about the mark of the beast, people are going to take it, and it's hell time because of that decision. Unfair? Dunno, it's not like everyone doesn't know about this theology lol, there isn't of an excuse of ignorance.
You say it "it's not like everyone doesn't know about this theology", yes many believer/non-believer know about many different theology from many different religions, for their reason for believe or disbelieve those theology's validity to be an excuse of ignorance or not, is to be no more and no less but just their personnal opinion.

You may think other's reason to disbelieve your religion's god, is quite an ignorance reason.

Other religion may also think that your reason to disbelieve their religion's god, is also quite an ignorance reason.

Non-believer may also think that your reason to believe in your religion's god, is also quite an ignorance reason.

Everyone insist what they think is right, is right to themself, nothing wrong about that.

But when some believer from some religion insist that their interpretation of truth must be universally true to everyone else and imposes their interpretation of truth to everyone else without everyone else consent, then that is wrong.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The whole so called prophecy about hell fire is nothing more than a metaphor, fire is a cleanser, it simply means that when we live in a time that most who live on this earth will be Enlightened, realizing we are all One in God or Consciousness, the earth will be cleansed, it has nothing to do with fire burning the earth, even though that may happen one day, because the sun isn't going to last for ever.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You say it "it's not like everyone doesn't know about this theology", yes many believer/non-believer know about many different theology from many different religions, for their reason for believe or disbelieve those theology's validity to be an excuse of ignorance or not, is to be no more and no less but just their personnal opinion.

You may think other's reason to disbelieve your religion's god, is quite an ignorance reason.

Other religion may also think that your reason to disbelieve their religion's god, is also quite an ignorance reason.

Non-believer may also think that your reason to believe in your religion's god, is also quite an ignorance reason.

Everyone insist what they think is right, is right to themself, nothing wrong about that.

But when some believer from some religion insist that their interpretation of truth must be universally true to everyone else and imposes their interpretation of truth to everyone else without everyone else consent, then that is wrong.

Heres the problem. What you are presenting, is not an argument. It doesn't indicate that I'm wrong, or even likely wrong. There is no reason for me to think that i'm 'wrong', just because others are incorrect. Again, since you don't know the context/paradigm, of my beliefs, your not even presenting a relevant argument, anyway.

Pudding

Heres the problem. What you are presenting, is not an argument. It doesn't indicate that I'm wrong, or even likely wrong. There is no reason for me to think that i'm 'wrong', just because others are incorrect. Again, since you don't know the context/paradigm, of my beliefs, your not even presenting a relevant argument, anyway.
You state that your opinion/beliefs is right and every others's opinion/beliefs which disagree with you is wrong.
If you wish to convince others that they're wrong, please elaborate your reason/argument/evidence to explain why you think you're right but others wrong.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
You state that your opinion/beliefs is right and every others's opinion/beliefs which disagree with you is wrong.
If you wish to convince others that they're wrong, please elaborate your reason/argument/evidence to explain why you think you're right but others wrong.

I'm not trying to convince anyone. Their beliefs or lack of belief, isn't my problem.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yea, this is what made me sick of religion, they all arrogantly believe they are and only them, hold the truth, lol.

Pudding

I'm not trying to convince anyone. Their beliefs or lack of belief, isn't my problem.
I see, you're not trying to convince anyone to agree with your opinion/beliefs/claims.

You only gave the opinion/beliefs/claims of yours that your opinion/beliefs/claims is right and everyone who disagree with you is wrong, without giving any argument/reason/evidence to support your opinion/beliefs/claims.

Give an opinion/beliefs/claims, then not interested or don't want to give argument/reason/evidence to support the opinion/beliefs/claims.

This method of discussion is not quite productive nor meaningful you know?

Last edited: