• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happened to Make the RF Server Crash?

Treks

Unless you lack the devotion this fine forum inspires in normal people, you would be aware that the RF site was offline for a good chunk of last weekend.

To get to the bottom of this problem, I think we should all speculate as to the cause. Even if we are incorrect, it will be a good exercise in risk management for the owner and admin, to prevent such disaster from reoccurring!

I'll go first:

I think the server went down because the toaster said he loved her.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
An alien plot!
th

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The server went down because too many threads were started in the games section?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I heard that someone's bedonkadonk bumped into the server, knocked it on the floor, & then.....
th

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
@Rex is really Hillary Clinton slumming. The new private server being installed for her Presidential reign had a glitch due to an attack by her evil nemesis Rupert Murdoch and his news company.
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There are too many animals running around here getting too much hair all over everything which choked things up, and the systems got back up because Revoltingest hasn't had his arm down the toilet in a while.
Or it may have been that super commie virus I made back when RF was sold to a corporation escaping it's quarantine. Those were really hard times back then, and we were all under a bunch of stress.

I think the server went down because the toaster said he loved her.

Have you got any empirical evidence to support your claim? Simply using 'belief' to anthropomorphise electronic devices isn't going to persuade anybody.

You also have to define what you mean by 'server', is it 'a computer or computer program which manages access to a centralized resource or service in a network.' or 'a person assisting the celebrant at the celebration of the Eucharist'?

Really, the vagueness, ambiguity and flawed conceptual reasoning of your statement makes it practically nonsensical. I mean, a computer cannot logically take part in fellatio or cunnilingus, and for what reason would somebody assisting in the celebration of the Eucharist decide that is was either the time or the place to perform a sex act on a household appliance, regardless of receiving any expressions of adoration?

Also stating that it must have a 'cause' is fallacious, and is really implicitly creationist. Really, the RF outage is no cause for cheap, theological point scoring.

o_O