• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Happened To Jesus???

The canonical bible is missing information about the man called Jesus. There's the story of his birth, a snippit about an incident with his mother when he was a boy, and then *POOF* he disappears from biblical text we're given, but when he came back on the scene he was a miracle-working healer and an extraordinary teacher on the topic of the kingdom of God.

What happened to Jesus?

Something else to ponder are the stories about his crucifixion. Mainstream teaching insists that he died on a cross, was buried and resurrected on the third day (Sunday, it is believed), but according to scripture, that's not true.

So what happened to Jesus?

Jesus did not die on a cross. His disciples ate him. That's where the Catholic and Christian practice of taking communion, eucharist, sacrament (whatever the label) comes from. Some of you may be familiar with this take on his true death, so this is not necessarily about that unless you want to discuss that. This is more a question of what happened to Jesus while he was alive.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
The canonical bible is missing information about the man called Jesus. There's the story of his birth, a snippit about an incident with his mother when he was a boy, and then *POOF* he disappears from biblical text we're given, but when he came back on the scene he was a miracle-working healer and an extraordinary teacher on the topic of the kingdom of God.

What happened to Jesus?

Something else to ponder are the stories about his crucifixion. Mainstream teaching insists that he died on a cross, was buried and resurrected on the third day (Sunday, it is believed), but according to scripture, that's not true.

So what happened to Jesus?

Jesus did not die on a cross. His disciples ate him. That's where the Catholic and Christian practice of taking communion, eucharist, sacrament (whatever the label) comes from. Some of you may be familiar with this take on his true death, so this is not necessarily about that unless you want to discuss that. This is more a question of what happened to Jesus while he was alive.
Peace be on you.
According to the Holy Founder of the Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam, Hadrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835-1908) Jesus (on whom be peace) escaped death on the cross, and was cured then migrated. His journey to India, in search of the lost tribes of Israel, has been shown.

Christian as well as Muslim scriptures, and old medical and historical books including ancient Buddhist records, provide evidence about this journey.

Jesus is shown to have reached Afghanistan, and to have met the Jews who had settled there after deliverance from the bondage of Nebuchadnezzar. From Afghanistan, Jesus went on to Kashmir, where other Israelite tribes had settled. There he made his home, and there in time he died; his tomb has been found in Srinagar. He died at age 120 years with success in his mission.

Ref:
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/jesus-in-india/index.html
https://www.alislam.org/topics/jesus/

Skwim

Veteran Member

What happened to Jesus?
One answer.

Some use Ephesians 4:7-10 to teach that Jesus went to hell or to Hades to release the prisoners held there and take them to heaven or into God’s presence. The idea is that before His death, all Old Testament believers were in Abraham’s bosom—the paradise part of Hades. Hades or Sheol was seen as the place of the dead with three areas or compartments: (1) the abyss or tartarus, the place of confinement for those demons who sinned in the days of Noah; (2) torments, the place of suffering for all unbelievers until the time of the resurrection of the unjust and the Great White Throne Judgment when they will be cast eternally into the lake of fire, and (3) a third place separated by a great gulf (see Luke 16), called Abraham’s Bosom, the place of blessing for believers. Because Christ had not yet died to pay the penalty for their sin, they were not yet able to go directly into the presence of God. After His death, however, the barrier was removed and He took them out of prison and into God’s presence.

1 Peter 3:18-20 is another passage that is often used in this regard because it seems to refer to Christ’s spirit proclaiming His victory over death to those demons who were bound in the abyss. This passage could possibly refer to a glorious proclamation He made by His human spirit while His body lay in the grave, but Bible students and scholars are divided on this issue.
source

What scripture?

Jesus did not die on a cross. His disciples ate him.
How do you know?

That's where the Catholic and Christian practice of taking communion, eucharist, sacrament (whatever the label) comes from.
You're thinking of transubstantiation.

Transubstantiation is the daily miracle of the Holy Catholic Church, whereby ordinary bread and wine become the body and blood, soul, and divinity of Jesus Christ during Holy Mass. Transubstantiation means the substance part of the bread and wine elements changes; but the accidental parts--sight, taste, smell, touch--do not. Catholics believe that since Jesus said it and He is God, he can do it. They believe! "Transubstantiation" merely labels it. This term was coined in the 1200's, but the reality of the change of substance from ordinary bread and wine into the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Jesus Christ was believed by the apostles and their successors from the day of the Last Supper to the present.
source

Prior to the Council of Nicene ( 325 AD ), and shortly there after, the belief of transubstantiation was totally unknown. There is no written record describing or acknowledging the existence of this doctrine.

During the Carolingian Empire ( 754 - 911 AD ) the Abbot of Corbie, Paschasius Radbertus, wrote a treatise called "On the Body and Blood of the Lord". Which is the beginning and the foundation of the belief of transubstantiation. Though, at this time, it was only at best a theory and not widely accepted or taught.

Transubstantiation as a term, was apparently first used by the archbishop of Tours, Hildebert of Lavardin ( 1056 - 1133 AD ). The doctrine was authoritatively declared to be the faith of the church at a council held in Rome under Pope Gregory VII in 1079, and again in the Fourth Lateran Council.
source

buddhist

I don't know what happened to Jesus. Since I cannot time travel, I don't know for myself that he (or Zeus, Mohammed, Krishna, etc.) ever existed at all, nor can I verify any of the stories about them for myself.

I prefer working with what I do know for myself. Essentially, I practice the early Buddhist path.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The Apocrypha's narrative has chapters on Jesus's childhood.

Historically I'm not convinced there ever was a real world Jesus apart from the legendary aspects garnered from written material.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think a large part of the Jesus mystique is that we really don't know that much about him.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Who knows really? It's all conjecture. There is no proof of anything that long ago, other than what archeology tells us about stuff that existed, because portions still exist. As to the nature of mind, religion, and all that at that time, there is a whole lot of projection going on. Most people just believe what they want to believe, which is all good. But debating it is rather futile, given the extremely vague nature of any evidence.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Peace be on you.
According to the Holy Founder of the Ahmadiyya Movement in Islam, Hadrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835-1908) Jesus (on whom be peace) escaped death on the cross, and was cured then migrated. His journey to India, in search of the lost tribes of Israel, has been shown.

Christian as well as Muslim scriptures, and old medical and historical books including ancient Buddhist records, provide evidence about this journey.

Jesus is shown to have reached Afghanistan, and to have met the Jews who had settled there after deliverance from the bondage of Nebuchadnezzar. From Afghanistan, Jesus went on to Kashmir, where other Israelite tribes had settled. There he made his home, and there in time he died; his tomb has been found in Srinagar. He died at age 120 years with success in his mission.

Ref:
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/jesus-in-india/index.html
https://www.alislam.org/topics/jesus/

:facepalm: