• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vampires, Vampyres, Asetians, and Goths? Oh My!

Seeker of Ka

Asetian
Vampires, Vampyres, Asetians, and Goths! Oh My!!!

With the growth and further publicity of the "Vampire Subculture" here in the United States the words Vampire and Vampyre have been undergoing a drastic change in some Theological/Philosophical and many Occult and Psychic circles.

In those circles the vampire/vampyre is often defined as a form of human that needs to absorb some form of essence in order to survive, usually some form of subtle energy (prana, chi, ka, etc.). They often define themselves by their method of gaining this energy. Most vampires/vampyres believe that only humans can give them enough (or the right kind) of energy.

"Psychic Vampires/Vampyres" say that they primarily/only obtain this energy by energy manipulation wether through distance or by touch.

"Sanguine Vampires/Vampyres" say that they primarily obtain this energy from blood and they usually say this must be done by drinking blood (though some believe they just need to have psychical contact with it.)

"Hybrid Vampires/Vampyres" say that they either need or can obtain this energy from either source.

Two subtypes of the Psychic Vampire/Vampyre are said to exist: Elemental Vampires/Vampyres (which feed from natural energies) and Sexual Vampires/Vampyres (which feed from sexual energies).

Now to what people in my belief system generally believe is the truth of this matter.

Number 1: Vampire/Vampyre is not the best word to use because is comes from a word meaning Witch (in the sense of a Black Magic/Magick user not an Earth Magic/Magick user like Hereditary Witches or Wiccans). These beings more often feed psychically not magically/magickally, so labeling them as Magicians/Magickains is not very accurate.

Number 2: Of the beings come to be known as vampires/vampyres two different kinds exist and they can come about in different ways.

The first and most common type of Vampire/Vampyre (often the ones who love to call themselves such) are humans that have learned how to psychically draw energy from others. Many of them love to get your attention becuase when you do it is easier for them to draw energy from you. These people are often not in control of their abilities and many are Goths who love attention (not all goths love attention but many Goths are Goths in order to get it).

The second most common type is Humans with damaged Shen (Chakras) who can no longer produce enough energy for their bodies and thus must resort to vampirism/vampirism to survive. Most come about after having permanent damage done to them in this life or a past life when another "Vampire/Vampyre" fed to deeply on them and they where unable to heal the damage before it became ingrained. Some of these milder cases can be cured, but many cannot.

The third (and rarest) type is the Asetians. Asetians are a form of Otherkin (humans with non-human souls) as an Asetian soul has been alternated to be more like the powerful spirit-goddess Aset (Isis). Most Asetians had this done in previous lives but some had it done to them in this life. Asetians do not have to feed from people but often do for extra energy.

This is not meant to convince you in any way about the nature of vampirism/vampyrism. But is meant to merely show you my view point.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Post Script: Life-Energy is usually called Ka is Aset Ka

Blessings of Aset Upon You, Seeker of Ka.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Silly naysaying aside, I'm not all that familiar with the vampire subculture in any direct sense as it's not something I have personal interest in. I'm aware that it exists, I'm aware of various classification schemes people come up with to describe things, and I take a somewhat academic view on the subculture in terms of what I think about it. It's been a while since I've read that article, but from what I recall, the vampire subculture (well, the part that identifies as "actual" vampires) holds much in common with the phenomena of otherkin. It's about a search for identity and meaning. Unfortunately, their choice of identity and meaning gets ridiculed by cultural outsiders, rather than explored to be understood on its own terms.

Seeker of Ka

Asetian
Uhm...vampires don't exist outside of fictional works so, why is this even an issue? But in the interest of fairness, don't discriminate against lycanthropes. Equal rights and all that.

I would recommend you read someone's writings before you comment on them, this is not about Vampires. This is about people who drain energy and have decided to call themselves Vampires. I say that Vampire is a bad term for this, however they still like to use the word because a lot of them love attention because when you give someone attention you give theme energy.

You more than likely just read the title and decided it was easy to try to tell what seemed like an obvious Hollywood crazy idiot what is what.

Seeker of Ka

Asetian
Silly naysaying aside, I'm not all that familiar with the vampire subculture in any direct sense as it's not something I have personal interest in. I'm aware that it exists, I'm aware of various classification schemes people come up with to describe things, and I take a somewhat academic view on the subculture in terms of what I think about it. It's been a while since I've read that article, but from what I recall, the vampire subculture (well, the part that identifies as "actual" vampires) holds much in common with the phenomena of otherkin. It's about a search for identity and meaning. Unfortunately, their choice of identity and meaning gets ridiculed by cultural outsiders, rather than explored to be understood on its own terms.

Well Asetians are Otherkin, and many "Vampires" have enough psychic ability in order to tell that the Otherkin are different and thus show them respect. However most "Vampires" do not identify as Otherkin because they still have human souls, they just have damaged Shen (chakras).

I dislike the Vampire Subculture because most involved are not even those "Vampires" they are normal Humans or Humans that can psychically drain people. It also seems they are trying to mesh the term "Vampire" with what they are because they think it's cool. It would be different if that is what the word originally meant but it is not. For example when a user of Earth Magick (magick stemming from the natural world) calls themselves a Witch they are justified because those are the people it originally referred to.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I would recommend you read someone's writings before you comment on them, this is not about Vampires. This is about people who drain energy and have decided to call themselves Vampires. I say that Vampire is a bad term for this, however they still like to use the word because a lot of them love attention because when you give someone attention you give theme energy.

You more than likely just read the title and decided it was easy to try to tell what seemed like an obvious Hollywood crazy idiot what is what.

I did read it and understood perfectly what you meant.

It's all still fiction...even your energy drainers.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah but...big difference between a blood sucker or shape shifter and someone who says "I'm a witch!" :p

But... there really are people who consume blood (literally or symbolically) and call themselves vampires. And there are also really people who drain energy and call themselves vampires (as well as some who do not). I'll grant that maybe you reject the esoteric idea of energy/ki/nwyfre/prana and so forth, but it is a widely-accepted idea throughout the world. Energy work is something I practice myself, so... yeah. I consider it a thing.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
But... there really are people who consume blood (literally or symbolically) and call themselves vampires. And there are also really people who drain energy and call themselves vampires (as well as some who do not). I'll grant that maybe you reject the esoteric idea of energy/ki/nwyfre/prana and so forth, but it is a widely-accepted idea throughout the world. Energy work is something I practice myself, so... yeah. I consider it a thing.

I believe in chi (martial artist after all). I do not believe that someone can drain my energy...other than a prostitute, but that would be by choice! :D

People do not grow fangs, bite necks and drink blood. Yes there are some freaks out there that drink blood after it has been extracted by other means but that does not make them a vampire...just a freak.

I do not believe in magic, voodoo, or "dark forces." Nor do I believe in ghosts, ghouls, lycans, vampires, leprechauns, fairies, sasquatch, demons, a devil or any other type of boogeyman.

You can't burn candles, sprinkle some herbs around and prick your finger and then cast a spell that would control/compel/hurt/reward me. Well you can, but only in Dungeons & Dragons. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Seeker of Ka

Asetian
I believe in chi (martial artist after all). I do not believe that someone can drain my energy...other than a prostitute, but that would be by choice! :D

People do not grow fangs, bite necks and drink blood. Yes there are some freaks out there that drink blood after it has been extracted by other means but that does not make them a vampire...just a freak.

I do not believe in magic, voodoo, or "dark forces." Nor do I believe in ghosts, ghouls, lycans, vampires, leprechauns, fairies, sasquatch, demons, a devil or any other type of boogeyman.

You can't burn candles, sprinkle some herbs around and prick your finger and then cast a spell that would control/compel/hurt/reward me. Well you can, but only in Dungeons & Dragons. :rolleyes:

If that is what you believe so be it.

Let me tell you though a long time ago I did not believe in Chi. Then when I took various martial arts (Tai Chi Quan, Ba Gua, Bujikan Budo Taijutsu, and Taekwondo) I used it myself and believed in its existence and this is probably how you came to believe in it as well (direct application).

What is interesting is that is how I came to believe in energy working and magick, through direct application. As you more than likely have not practiced magick or external energy working than I do not look down on you for not believing in them.

However what I do believe is foolish of you is to proclaim that they do not work before trying them, most people with time and effort can learn these things and you probably can to.

Another problem with your argument is that you seem to be under the impression that these so called "Vampires" claim to possess fangs. This entirely untrue, their may be some people claiming to be "Vampires" that do wear fangs or have them added on,vault even if they are "Vampires" they are more than likely Hollywood crazy lunatics.

Second of all, what brought shapeshifters into this conversation?i never said I believed in their existence?

And for the record, I do not think that "Vampire" is the best name for people who need to obtain energy from others, I was just calling them that because that is what many of them call themelves.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
If that is what you believe so be it.

Let me tell you though a long time ago I did not believe in Chi. Then when I took various martial arts (Tai Chi Quan, Ba Gua, Bujikan Budo Taijutsu, and Taekwondo) I used it myself and believed in its existence and this is probably how you came to believe in it as well (direct application).

What is interesting is that is how I came to believe in energy working and magick, through direct application. As you more than likely have not practiced magick or external energy working than I do not look down on you for not believing in them.

However what I do believe is foolish of you is to proclaim that they do not work before trying them, most people with time and effort can learn these things and you probably can to.

Another problem with your argument is that you seem to be under the impression that these so called "Vampires" claim to possess fangs. This entirely untrue, their may be some people claiming to be "Vampires" that do wear fangs or have them added on,vault even if they are "Vampires" they are more than likely Hollywood crazy lunatics.

Second of all, what brought shapeshifters into this conversation?i never said I believed in their existence?

And for the record, I do not think that "Vampire" is the best name for people who need to obtain energy from others, I was just calling them that because that is what many of them call themelves.

I'll play along for a second...

And how exactly does someone drain the energy from someone else? I read the Twilight books. Personally I think people are full of **** but I will attempt to be open minded for a few...

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member

And how exactly does someone drain the energy from someone else? I read the Twilight books. Personally I think people are full of **** but I will attempt to be open minded for a few...

You've never been around someone who, after a while, just makes you feel exhausted and drained?

Personally, I think the term "drain" can sometimes be a bit misleading. If one accepts the idea of preternatural "feels" of things - of auras and chakras and the like - a "drain" or "charge" of energy may be a change in state rather than some sort of gain or loss. Or it could be a blockage or overactivity. There are many different maps of the energy territory, and the map you use shapes how you characterize the phenomena.

With respect to my path, I will say I am "draining" something when I am pulling a flow of energy out from something (which may or may not be "draining" or "depleting" it in some way). It's a basic skill you develop when you learn energy work, but it's also something that is very difficult to describe. You just feel the current of flow going from something and into you (or perhaps some other object). Heck, I can sit here and do it right now, but I'll be damned if I can' describe it well. The language we have for metaphysical things is pretty rubbish. It's something one has to experience.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
You've never been around someone who, after a while, just makes you feel exhausted and drained?

Yeah, my kids...ages 7 and 2.

Personally, I think the term "drain" can sometimes be a bit misleading. If one accepts the idea of preternatural "feels" of things - of auras and chakras and the like - a "drain" or "charge" of energy may be a change in state rather than some sort of gain or loss. Or it could be a blockage or overactivity. There are many different maps of the energy territory, and the map you use shapes how you characterize the phenomena.

With respect to my path, I will say I am "draining" something when I am pulling a flow of energy out from something (which may or may not be "draining" or "depleting" it in some way). It's a basic skill you develop when you learn energy work, but it's also something that is very difficult to describe. You just feel the current of flow going from something and into you (or perhaps some other object). Heck, I can sit here and do it right now, but I'll be damned if I can' describe it well. The language we have for metaphysical things is pretty rubbish. It's something one has to experience.

In other words, you think you feel that you are actually doing something...but you can't prove it.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah, my kids...ages 7 and 2.

Yup. Classic energy vampires. ;)

Kidding aside, I think energy vampires are a rarity. There's only one person who comes to mind that I've known who I'd consider one, and he didn't self-identify. It's not exactly an explanation for things that I default to, and ultimately, like all things, it's map of territory, not territory. People who lack a magical worldview are going to default to other maps of the territory, and dismiss magical maps of the territory as rubbish. Being a multi-map sort of person, I don't dismiss it outright, especially when the map fits some of the things I've experienced better than some of the other maps I have.

In other words, you think you feel that you are actually doing something...but you can't prove it.

I don't "think" I feel something... this is something I've experienced since I was a little kid, before I even knew that "energy work" was a thing, or that contemporary occult movements even existed. I just don't know how to describe it well, and the words I've seen used by those who do energy work kind of but don't really capture it. Sometimes it is described as a "magnetism" or "resistance" or "pressure." This is something that is widely experienced by others. You can go to workshops on things like energy healing (which I have done before) or get training in specific forms of energy work like reiki.

But yeah, if you're asking for some empirically-validaded, scientific, peer-reviewed thing, of course I don't have that. No one does. We're talking about magic here, not science. Whether or not you believe in or accept that magic is a thing is between you and your own brain. I really don't care if you accept it or not. It has no bearing on the fact that I (and many others) have these experiences and practice energy work.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
I really don't care if you accept it or not. It has no bearing on the fact that I (and many others) have these experiences and practice energy work.

Don't feel bad, I don't accept prophets, divine revelation or holy books either. When it comes to the supernatural, you have to prove it to me in order for me to believe it. Until then, it is drivel.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Don't feel bad, I don't accept prophets, divine revelation or holy books either. When it comes to the supernatural, you have to prove it to me in order for me to believe it. Until then, it is drivel.

Why would I feel bad? What I practice and experience is not "supernatural," and I don't recall asking you to accept my practices in the first place. That said, calling it "drivel" is not a respectful attitude and frankly, just plain rude. Now, saying crap like that does make me feel bad. Thanks for that. I took a chance in elaborating, and evidently I should not have done that. I will be much less keen on offering the benefit of the doubt for you in the future.

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Why would I feel bad? What I practice and experience is not "supernatural," and I don't recall asking you to accept my practices in the first place. That said, calling it "drivel" is not a respectful attitude and frankly, just plain rude. Now, saying crap like that does make me feel bad. Thanks for that. I took a chance in elaborating, and evidently I should not have done that. I will be much less keen on offering the benefit of the doubt for you in the future.

It was not directed at you personally...it was just a statement.

Society has become far too thin-skinned. Everyone is getting offended by something. So much for "sticks and stones."

It was not directed at you personally...it was just a statement.

Society has become far too thin-skinned. Everyone is getting offended by something. So much for "sticks and stones."

Number 1: You can offend people.
Number 2: You are not offending anyone right now.
Number 3: Anyone man who will not accept that anything can happen outside of his realm of experience is a fool.

Seeker of Ka

Asetian

First of all Twilight is stupid.

Second of all I disagree with using the word "Vampire" to describe my kind.

Third of all the only reason some people chose that word is because some people who liked to pretend that they where like us thought it would be cool.

Ok now that we are done with those, I can try to explain this to you.

First of all we have very, very little in common with Vampires. So I would recommend not using that as your baseline.

Okay, if you are a martial artist and familiar with Chi. Then you more than likely know of Chakras, the energy centers that are the ties between our physical health and Chi. You probably also know that poor nutrition or a well placed strike can cause negative effects on a person's Chi because of how the Chi flows from the body through the Chakras.

Well of the two types of Energy Drainers, the type most are have a damaged Charka. The Ba Chakra in the stomach, because of this they cannot get enough Chi from their own bodies and most either live in poor health or die. However some have learned the ability to drain Chi from others through touch or from a distance. Some do drink blood but most who do this is for theatrics, the blood does have large amount of Chi in it, but if they needed that much Chi to survive since birth they would have been dead before they had a chance to drink blood.

The second type of Energy Drainer, the type I am, is called Asetians. Asetians are constantly spending large amounts of Chi and thus take it from others to keep a steady balance.

The only difference is that most Energy Drainers use the words Energy or Prana Instead of Chi. And Asetians use the word Ka instead of Chi and Shen instead of Chakra.