• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK: Nearly 40,000 attended Britain's biggest annual Islamic gathering / Progress Report

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you.
By the grace of Allah the Exalted, Jalsa Salana of UK's Ahmadiyya Muslim Community concluded peacefully.
Some 40,000 Muslims came together in the Hampshire countryside, where they raised the Ahmadiyya FlagLawa-e Ahmadiyyat and Union Jack and formed a human chain to pledge their loyalty to their faith, country of residence and to reject violence and extremism.

The event is affectionately known as Aalmi Bai'at (International Initiation).

The Khalifa of Islam and the Worldwide Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim community, His Holiness Mirza Masroor Ahmad, led the thousands in reaffirmation of their oath of peace and obedience at Hadeeqatul Mahdi in Alton, today, the last day of the three-day conference.

In concluding address His Holiness addressed the convention delegates participating from over 100 countries in the last session and spoke on Islamic teachings of kindness towards parents.

At the end of his address, His Holiness announced the final delegate count stood at 38,300, a better than 10 percent increase over the previous years convention attendance.

Ref: http://timesofahmad.blogspot.com/2016/08/uk-nearly-40000-attended-britains.html

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
By the grace of Allah the Exalted, Jalsa Salana of UK's Ahmadiyya Muslim Community concluded peacefully.

Hi Dawud,

Does the Ahmadiyya community have any sort of declaration describing what they believe and what their core values are?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Hi Dawud,

Does the Ahmadiyya community have any sort of declaration describing what they believe and what their core values are?
Peace be on you.
=Allah is Lord of all people.
=Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is the last- and-greatest-of-all prophets-with last Book.
=According to information given by Allah and prophecies of Holy Prophet, latter-days' Reformer [The Promised Messiah, the Covenanted Mahdi as subservient-prophet] has come.
=Now no one tries to extinguish message of God by sword (force), hence no more defensive war for religion.
=Do prayer, moral and spiritual struggle in world to establish rights of God and people.
=After the Reformer, now Khilafat heads his mission in 209 countries by the grace of God.

One can know the required inquiry from following resources with respect to various angles:
https://www.alislam.org/introduction/index.html

https://alislam.org/books/invitation/content.html

https://www.alislam.org/library/books/BasicsReligiousEducation.pdf

https://www.alislam.org/books/ahmadiyyat/WelcomeBook2ndEd.pdf

http://www.alislam.org/books/

https://www.alislam.org/v/

and RF's Ahmadiyya Dir [unofficial]

Thanks for question.

Last edited:

icehorse

Premium Member
=Do prayer, moral and spiritual struggle in world to establish rights of God and people.

Hi Dawud,

I've read a bit and I have a specific question: Do you know whether the Ahmadiyya have published a preference for either the UN's "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" (UDHR) or the "Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam" (CDHRI)?

You can't be in support of both of these declarations at the same time, they conflict with each other.

Thanks!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Hi Dawud,

I've read a bit and I have a specific question: Do you know whether the Ahmadiyya have published a preference for either the UN's "Universal Declaration of Human Rights" (UDHR) or the "Cairo Declaration on Human Rights in Islam" (CDHRI)?

You can't be in support of both of these declarations at the same time, they conflict with each other.

Thanks!
Peace be on you.
Here is what you are looking for:
Islam, Universal Human Rights, and Cairo Declaration
https://www.alislam.org/egazette/updates/islam-universal-human-rights-and-cairo-declaration/

https://www.alislam.org/egazette/eGazette-July2008.pdf

https://www.alislam.org/r.php?q=Universal Declaration of Human Rights cairo decleration

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Peace be on you.
Some 40,000 Muslims came together in the Hampshire countryside, where they raised the Ahmadiyya FlagLawa-e Ahmadiyyat and Union Jack and formed a human chain to pledge their loyalty to their faith, country of residence and to reject violence and extremism.

The event is affectionately known as Aalmi Bai'at (International Initiation).

The Khalifa of Islam and the Worldwide Head of the Ahmadiyya Muslim community, His Holiness Mirza Masroor Ahmad, led the thousands in reaffirmation of their oath of peace and obedience at Hadeeqatul Mahdi in Alton, today, the last day of the three-day conference.

In concluding address His Holiness addressed the convention delegates participating from over 100 countries in the last session and spoke on Islamic teachings of kindness towards parents.

At the end of his address, His Holiness announced the final delegate count stood at 38,300, a better than 10 percent increase over the previous years convention attendance.

Ref: http://timesofahmad.blogspot.com/2016/08/uk-nearly-40000-attended-britains.html

This is just a small question. as it is not allowed to debate here in this DIR. You mentioned that your leader is "The Khalifa of Islam". Does this means that you consider him to be the head chief of all Muslims, while Muslims in general don't consider Ahmadiyya to be Muslims?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
This is just a small question. as it is not allowed to debate here in this DIR. You mentioned that your leader is "The Khalifa of Islam". Does this means that you consider him to be the head chief of all Muslims, while Muslims in general don't consider Ahmadiyya to be Muslims?
Peace be on you.
It is something like:
1=Many people do not believe in Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) yet all Muslims believe him as "mercy for all worlds / people" " for all people" -- as Holy Quran declared so.

2= As Ahmadiyya-Muslims believe that the Promised-Servant-of-Islam-in-Latter-Days [The Promised Messiah, the Covenanted Mahdi (a.s.)] has come for the process of renaissance of Islam -- as according to Allah's plan and prophecies of Hazrat Muhammad (s.a.w.),
then the Khalifah of such promised person has to be Khalifah of Islam logically.

3= Most of the time, the word "Ahmadiyya" appears near the title of Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah (a.t.) to make distinction.

4= You can view the matter by another angle, as there are some people in world who issue negative Fatwas about your sect, but that does not make your sect out side the circle of Islam.

These are such matters.

No hard feeling.

Good wishes.

icehorse

Premium Member
Hi @DawudTalut

Great links, thanks.

Now the eGazette article brings up another question: Would you say that Ahmadiyya teachings fall into the "modernists" or "secularists" category as described in the article?

BTW - You're teaching me a lot about Ahmadiyya, and so far it feels very open and straightforward.

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Hi @DawudTalut

Great links, thanks.

Now the eGazette article brings up another question: Would you say that Ahmadiyya teachings fall into the "modernists" or "secularists" category as described in the article?

BTW - You're teaching me a lot about Ahmadiyya, and so far it feels very open and straightforward.
Thanks.
egazette said about RAND corporation:
"In one of their research projects they have come up with the following categorization of the Muslim society:
♦ Fundamentalists reject democratic values and contemporary Western culture. They want an authoritarian, puritanical state that will implement their extreme view of Islamic law and morality. They are willing to use innovation and modern technology to achieve that goal.
♦ Traditionalists want a conservative society. They are suspicious of modernity, innovation, and change.
♦ Modernists want the Islamic world to become part of global modernity. They want to modernize and reform Islam to bring it into line with the age.
♦ Secularists want the Islamic world to accept a division of church and state in the manner of Western industrial democracies, with religion relegated to the private sphere."
page 2 https://www.alislam.org/egazette/eGazette-July2008.pdf

====

The official position would be in:
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/IslamsResponseToContemporaryIssues.pdf
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/AbsoluteJustice.pdf
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/World-Crisis-and-Pathway-to-Peace.pdf

====

According to my humble understanding, Muslims should:
=Follow basics of Islam,
=keep state and mosque separate,
=learn and produce modern knowledge,
=convey message of true Islam [i.e. rights of God and people] to world, as explained by founder of Ahmadiyya movement and its khalifs,
=establish justice,
=avoid weaponed-struggle to promote religion,
=avoid immoralities which are immoralities according to Quran,
=discuss religion with others but do not impose on them,
=be the best citizen of country of residence,
etc

icehorse

Premium Member
According to my humble understanding, Muslims should:
=Follow basics of Islam,
=keep state and mosque separate,
=learn and produce modern knowledge,
=convey message of true Islam [i.e. rights of God and people] to world, as explained by founder of Ahmadiyya movement and its khalifs,
=establish justice,
=avoid weaponed-struggle to promote religion,
=avoid immoralities which are immoralities according to Quran,
=discuss religion with others but do not impose on them,
=be the best citizen of country of residence,
etc

Hi Dawud,

Can you say more about the "basics of Islam"? It seems that Muslims often disagree with each other about what the "basics of Islam" are. I'd like to hear the Ahmadiyya interpretation of the "basics of Islam".

Sincerely, thanks!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Hi Dawud,

Can you say more about the "basics of Islam"? It seems that Muslims often disagree with each other about what the "basics of Islam" are. I'd like to hear the Ahmadiyya interpretation of the "basics of Islam".

Sincerely, thanks!
Peace be on you.
The five pillars of Islam are defined in the following tradition of the Holy Prophet Muhammad sa:

Islam is based on five (pillars):
1 - Bearing witness that there is none worthy of worship but Allah, and Muhammad sa is His Servant and His Messenger (Declaration of Faith),

2- Observance of Salat (Daily Prayers),

3- Paying Zakat,

4- Pilgrimage to (the Ka`bah,) the House (of Allah) and

5- Fasting during Ramadan

(Bukhari-Kitabul-Wahee)

===

The Six Articles of Islamic Faith
Faith or Eeman is the foundation of Islam. Eeman means our acceptance of all the beliefs, which constitute the Islamic Faith. These are defined in one of the Traditions (Ahadith) of the Holy Prophet of Islam, Hadrat Muhammad sa, as follows:

“The requirements of Eeman (Faith) are that you should believe in Allah and in His Angels and in His Books and in His Prophets and in the Last Day and that you should believe in Allah’s determination of good or of evil (Decree of Allah)”.

(Muslim)

The Six Articles of Islamic Faith mentioned in the above tradition are as follows:
1 - Belief in Allah (One God)
2 - Belief in the Angels of Allah
3 - Belief in the Books of Allah
4 - Belief in the Prophets of Allah
5 - Belief in the Last Day
6 - Belief in the Decree of Allah

Ref: Pages 5 and 10 and more @
https://www.alislam.org/library/books/BasicsReligiousEducation.pdf

All these above are based on Holy Quran.

======================================================================

The Founder of Ahmadiyya Community (a.s.) wrote related to above:

Various Quotes:

"The summary and essence of our faith is that:
لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
"
(There is no one worthy of worship except Allah and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.)

"The five pillars on which Islam is based are part of our faith. We hold fast to the Word of God, the Holy Qur’an, to which we are commanded to hold fast."

"....when there is a difference between the Qur’an and Hadith, we give priority to the Qur’an."

" We believe that there is no one worthy of worship except Allah and that our lord and master, Muhammad, the chosen one [peace and blessings of Allah be on him] is His Messenger and is Khatam-ul-Anbiya’. We believe in angels, the true nature of resurrection (spiritual resurrection) of the bodies, the Day of Judgement, Heaven and Hell. We believe that whatever the Glorious and Majestic God has stated in the Holy Qur’an and whatever the Holy Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be on him] has said, is true. We believe that whoever subtracts the smallest particle from the law of Islam or adds to it, or lays the foundation of neglecting obligations and of indifference towards them, is without faith and is turned away from Islam."

"No part of my doctrine is contrary to the commandments of Allah and His Messenger. If anyone thinks so, it must be due to his misunderstanding. Anyone who still considers me a kafir, and does not desist from calling me one, should remember that he will be called to account for it after his death. I call God, the Glorious, to witness that I have such firm faith in God and His Messenger that if the faith of all the people of this age were placed on one side of the scale and my faith is placed on the other side, then, by Allah's grace, my faith would prove to be the heavier."

"The purport of my teaching is: Believe in God as One without associate, and have sympathy with God's creatures and be of good conduct and think no ill. Be such that no disorderliness or mischief should approach your heart. Utter no falsehood, invent no lies and cause no hurt to anyone whether by your tongue or your hands. Avoid all manner of sin and restrain your passions. Try to become pure hearted, without vice. It should be your principle to have sympathy for all human beings. Safeguard your hands, your tongues and your thoughts against all impure objects and disorderly ways and all kinds of deceit. Fear God and worship Him with pure hearts. Refrain from committing wrong, trespass, embezzlement, taking bribes or unfair partisanship and keep away from evil companions. Safeguard your eyes against treachery and your ears against listening to backbiting. Entertain no ill designs against the members of any religion or any tribe or group. Be sincere counsellors for everyone. Let no mischief-maker or one given to bad behaviour ever be of your company. Shun every vice and try to acquire every virtue. Your hearts should be free from deceit, your hands should be innocent of wrong and your eyes should be free from impurity. Take no part in anyevil or transgression. Put forth your utmost efforts to recognize God, finding Whom is salvation and meeting Whom is deliverance. He manifests Himself to him who seeks Him with love and sincerity of heart, and He reveals Himself to him who becomes truly His. Pure hearts are His thrones, and tongues that are free from falsehood, abuse and vain talk are the places of His revelation. He who loses himself in seeking His pleasure becomes a manifestation of His miraculous power.."

"Bear in mind that it is our faith that the last book and last law is the Holy Qur’an and that thereafter till the Day of Judgement, there is no law-bearing Prophet nor any recipient of revelation who is not a follower of the Holy Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be on him]. This door is closed till the Day of Judgement, but the door of revelation through following the Holy Prophet [peace and blessings of Allah be on him] is ever open. Such revelation will never be cut off, but law-bearing Prophethood or independent Prophethood have been put to an end and will not be opened till the Day of Judgement."

"It is an attractive principle that promotes peace and lays down the foundations of good accord and helps moral conditions that we should accept as true all the Prophets, whether they appeared in India or Persia or China or in any other country, and God established their honour and greatness in millions of hearts and made firm the roots of their religions and let them flourish for centuries. This is the principle that the Qur’an has taught us and according to this principle, we honour the founder of every religion, which has become well established, whether of the Hindus or of the Persians or of the Chinese or of the Jews or of the Christians."

"The truth of a Prophet might be known in three ways:
First, through reason. It needs to be considered whether reason affirms that a Prophet or reformer should appear at the time when a Prophet or a Messenger claims to have come, and whether the condition of mankind demands such a reformer.
Secondly, the prophecies of previous Prophets should be studied whether any of them had prophesied concerning his appearance or concerning the appearance of a Prophet at the time of his advent.
Thirdly, it should be considered whether there is Divine help or heavenly support for his claim. These three conditions have been laid down from ancient times for testing the claim of a true commissioned one of God. God has had mercy upon you and has established all three conditions in my support and it is up to you to accept me or not."

Ref: https://www.alislam.org/books/Essence-1.pdf

==========================================================================

Related resource:
An Elementary Study of Islam
@
https://www.alislam.org/books/study-of-islam/index.html

Thanks.

icehorse

Premium Member
"....when there is a difference between the Qur’an and Hadith, we give priority to the Qur’an."

Hi Dawud,

The Quran criticizes non-believers about 500 times. It strikes me that for anyone who holds the Quran in high esteem, it would just be human nature to come to agree with the Quran and to dislike non-believers. How do you personally manage to hold the Quran's many critical and angry messages about non-believers separate from the generally peaceful messages I've seen coming from the Ahmadiyya Community?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Hi Dawud,

The Quran criticizes non-believers about 500 times. It strikes me that for anyone who holds the Quran in high esteem, it would just be human nature to come to agree with the Quran and to dislike non-believers. How do you personally manage to hold the Quran's many critical and angry messages about non-believers separate from the generally peaceful messages I've seen coming from the Ahmadiyya Community?

Peace be on you.
When I open the Holy Quran, I find the very first verse:

[ch1:v1]
001-001.png

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.

It gives the knowledge that rest of divine statements will fall under this statement.

i imagine a kindness of like parents and kindness of doctor to be followed. Everyone is God's creation, so there is no hate question.

Those who obey a kind government, get benefits and those who do not, get hospitalization / correctional facilities etc.

==================================================================

[15:3] Often will the disbelievers wish that they were Muslims.

[3:114]They are not all alike. Among the People of the Book there is a party who stand by their covenant; they recite the word of Allah in the hours of night and prostrate themselves before Him.

Even Hell is a correctional facility:
1) According to Holy Quran, Hell is like temporary hospital or correctional temporary facility or place where 'incomplete ones' are made complete.

[ch101:v10] "Hell will be his (nursing) mother."
[Holy Quran: alislam.org/quran]
The words are "fa ummohu haviah"
"ummohu" = his mother

As when unborn child gets completed, is born. The spiritually weak people will be treated and will be out of hell to climb the ladder of progress.

2) "" Holy Prophet announced:"A time will come when no one will be left in Hell; winds will blow and the windows and doors of Hell will make a rattling noise on account of the blowing winds." [Tafsir-ul-Maalam-ul-Tanzil under verse Hud:107]""
https://www.alislam.org/library/belief.html

===============================================================

For non-Muslims, the writings of the Promised Messiah as provide a wake up call to all those who believe that the revelation and signs of God are a matter of old forgotten history. His writings are replete with the themes of establishing a living relationship with Allah, the role of revelation in achieving that purpose, and the critical importance of following the Holy Prophet sa and acting upon the teachings of the Holy Qur’an.

Page xii @ https://www.alislam.org/books/Essence-1.pdf

==============================================================

Holy Quran
[88:22] Admonish, therefore, for thou art but an admonisher;
[88:23] Thou hast no authority to compel them.

Holy Quran ends with message to keep clean thoughts [not finishing the disbelievers]
[114:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[114:2] Say, ‘I seek refuge in the Lord of mankind,
[114:3] ‘The King of mankind,
[114:4] ‘The God of mankind,
[114:5] ‘From the evil of the sneaking whisperer,
[114:6] ‘Who whispers into the hearts of men,
[114:7] ‘From among the Jinn and mankind.’

==============================================================

So personally that is how one views the whole picture.

Good wishes.

Last edited: