• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top Seven Reasons God Exist.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God is: Any supernatural being

[force; divine; nature; environment; the all; consciousness; energy; awareness; spirit; mind; Buddha-nature; human-god; human; creator; sun; moon; stars; earth--you get the picture--no exclusions]

worshiped as controlling some part of the world

[or is the word, in the word, above the world, a part from the world, not the world, as a person, as a being, as nature, WHATever or WHOever]

or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force (fill in the blank).
Courtesy of Dictionary : Vocabulary.com (Colored text my additions)

1. God exists because you exist.

If God is consciousness, you exist because you to have consciousness. Without mind, you can't live. As such, God is just a label to explain your mind in relation to your survival. Without it, you cannot exist. To prove minds or consciousness does not exist is to prove that all living beings and things have no energy and motivation (however it is called in animals, etc) to live. Since you do have this instinct, etc. God does exist.

2. God exists because without "Him" (using a pronoun for convenience not for a specific God), you would literally be brain-dead.

As mind, awareness, and energy, He is you and you are Him. Without Him, no survival. The body can't live without God.

3. God exists because of design and pattern in the universe.

Don't panic.:eek: Let me explain. God is nature. Nature has a pattern. As we are born, grow, age, and pass on this pattern is the process of God. God lets the ants make a mold hill and corroborate with each other in what they do even though it's repetitive and quote annoying during the summer time. God is the sun that rises, sits, and sets. God is the moon phases from full (happy full moon day!), to quarter, to new and back to quarter, and full again. God is energy=energy makes this happen. Therefore, God exists.

4. God exists because we all want a sense of purpose in life.

Don't panic.:eek: Let me explain. Without a purpose, why would doctors want to be doctors? Why would people want to have a family? Why would students want a full education? Why would you want to clean your home? Why would you want to live a healthy life? Why do you want to live? Your body says you do. Your mind says you do. This is biological and psychological. As such, no one escapes this want and some times need to challenge oneself to build a purpose (or insert whatever would you like) in life. Does it have to be spiritual: No. Does it have to involve the Alpha and the Omega? No. Don't panic.:eek: Why do you want to live? That purpose IS God.

5. God exist because He is our inner wisdom.

He is the "light-bulb" that goes off in our head when we have a great idea. He is the poet's fever to write words (as I am doing now, I can't help it. High fever, apparently) in beautiful pose. He is what some of us call coincidences. He is the synchronicity in life. There need not be anything supernatural in all this. Where would you be without having new ideas? Where would you be if you didn't fulfill the passion you have? Where would you be without the psychology of bringing new things or thinking about the old? All of what I just said and more IS God. Without it, we would be bodies and minds--machines without a motor.

6. God exists because He is the Creator.

Don't panic. :eek:Everyone has a different view of what the Creator entails: Myself included. Creator, to me, is not someone who brings something into nothing. That's magic. There is no magic. Creator creates things from what is already here. We create buildings. We create books by writing them. We are creators of our inventions. We create. So, behind all of the world's atoms and such, the Creator is the energy or physics that make one force (say water) come together with another force (say land). The Creator creates mountains. He creates the valleys. He makes the winds into hurricanes.

What is already here is put together by energy (or whatever the physic's word is) to create one thing into another. Sperm and egg creates a child. Rotten food can bring maggots. So forth.

One does not need to create something from nothing to be a Creator.

7. God exists because He is a concept or idea, a word to describe the simplicity of life (most of what I described above)

As a concept, God can shift into a force, a being, a Alpha, Odin, or any other being, force, (fill in the blank), that can exist. We don't need to worship it for it to be God. It does not have to be supernatural to be God. It doesn't have to have spiritual terminology to be God. For example, we say we make "gods" out of money. We make "gods" out of our family. Why? Because way put these at more importance than ourselves.

THAT is God. What or who we put as an importance over ourselves regardless of who or what it is. Do you value something more than yourself? Do you value your family? Your friends? Loved ones? If you think of others more than yourself, you experienced God. Thereby, God exists.

While this is long and will be cherry-picked, my point is pretty simple. God exists.

"He" (for convenience not for a specific religion) exists because:

2. God exists because without "Him" (using a pronoun for convenience not for a specific God), you would literally be brain-dead.

6. God exists because the Creator.

7. God exists because He is a concept or idea, a word to describe the simplicity of life (most of what I described above)

If you'd like to have a good discussion about a couple of these reasons, that would be cool. This is not a Monotheist, Polytheist, Pantheist, Panenthiest, Deist, Left-hand Path ;), atheist, agnostic, folk faiths, druid, and so on focused thread. I used "God" because it is what word that is commonly used. Please take out the connotations associated with God and refer to how you see "Him" and the definition I gave at the top.

Happy debating.

Thank you for reading this.

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
God is: Any supernatural being

[force; divine; nature; environment; the all; consciousness; energy; awareness; spirit; mind; Buddha-nature; human-god; human; creator; sun; moon; stars; earth--you get the picture--no exclusions]

worshiped as controlling some part of the world

[or is the word, in the word, above the world, a part from the world, not the world, as a person, as a being, as nature, WHATever or WHOever]

or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force (fill in the blank).
Courtesy of Dictionary : Vocabulary.com (Colored text my additions)

If God is consciousness, you exist because you to have consciousness. Without mind, you can't live. As such, God is just a label to explain your mind in relation to your survival. Without it, you cannot exist. To prove minds or consciousness does not exist is to prove that all living beings and things have no energy and motivation (however it is called in animals, etc) to live. Since you do have this instinct, etc. God does exist.

As mind, awareness, and energy, He is you and you are Him. Without Him, no survival. The body can't live without God.

Don't panic.:eek: Let me explain. God is nature. Nature has a pattern. As we are born, grow, age, and pass on this pattern is the process of God. God lets the ants make a mold hill and corroborate with each other in what they do even though it's repetitive and quote annoying during the summer time. God is the sun that rises, sits, and sets. God is the moon phases from full (happy full moon day!), to quarter, to new and back to quarter, and full again. God is energy=energy makes this happen. Therefore, God exists.

Don't panic.:eek: Let me explain. Without a purpose, why would doctors want to be doctors? Why would people want to have a family? Why would students want a full education? Why would you want to clean your home? Why would you want to live a healthy life? Why do you want to live? Your body says you do. Your mind says you do. This is biological and psychological. As such, no one escapes this want and some times need to challenge oneself to build a purpose (or insert whatever would you like) in life. Does it have to be spiritual: No. Does it have to involve the Alpha and the Omega? No. Don't panic.:eek: Why do you want to live? That purpose IS God.

He is the "light-bulb" that goes off in our head when we have a great idea. He is the poet's fever to write words (as I am doing now, I can't help it. High fever, apparently) in beautiful pose. He is what some of us call coincidences. He is the synchronicity in life. There need not be anything supernatural in all this. Where would you be without having new ideas? Where would you be if you didn't fulfill the passion you have? Where would you be without the psychology of bringing new things or thinking about the old? All of what I just said and more IS God. Without it, we would be bodies and minds--machines without a motor.

Don't panic. :eek:Everyone has a different view of what the Creator entails: Myself included. Creator, to me, is not someone who brings something into nothing. That's magic. There is no magic. Creator creates things from what is already here. We create buildings. We create books by writing them. We are creators of our inventions. We create. So, behind all of the world's atoms and such, the Creator is the energy or physics that make one force (say water) come together with another force (say land). The Creator creates mountains. He creates the valleys. He makes the winds into hurricanes.

What is already here is put together by energy (or whatever the physic's word is) to create one thing into another. Sperm and egg creates a child. Rotten food can bring maggots. So forth.

One does not need to create something from nothing to be a Creator.

As a concept, God can shift into a force, a being, a Alpha, Odin, or any other being, force, (fill in the blank), that can exist. We don't need to worship it for it to be God. It does not have to be supernatural to be God. It doesn't have to have spiritual terminology to be God. For example, we say we make "gods" out of money. We make "gods" out of our family. Why? Because way put these at more importance than ourselves.

THAT is God. What or who we put as an importance over ourselves regardless of who or what it is. Do you value something more than yourself? Do you value your family? Your friends? Loved ones? If you think of others more than yourself, you experienced God. Thereby, God exists.

While this is long and will be cherry-picked, my point is pretty simple. God exists.

"He" (for convenience not for a specific religion) exists because:

If you'd like to have a good discussion about a couple of these reasons, that would be cool. This is not a Monotheist, Polytheist, Pantheist, Panenthiest, Deist, Left-hand Path ;), atheist, agnostic, folk faiths, druid, and so on focused thread. I used "God" because it is what word that is commonly used. Please take out the connotations associated with God and refer to how you see "Him" and the definition I gave at the top.

Happy debating.

Thank you for reading this.
These all employ circular reasoning. You are assuming you proposition in your reasoning.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Such lists clearly display why one cannot reason one's self into believing in the existence of something rationally unevidenced.

It's not supernatural. It's not spiritual. You have a mind, awareness, hopefully a reason to put something or one over yourself even if its charity, a purpose (I am assuming) education? family? walking the dog? And so forth.

Life. That is God. Evidence is you exist and you have all the things I therefore already mentioned.

Nothing supernatural.

How can there not be evidence? (Take the word God out; it's a word)

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It's not supernatural. It's not spiritual. You have a mind, awareness, hopefully a reason to put something or one over yourself even if its charity, a purpose (I am assuming) education? family? walking the dog? And so forth.

Life. That is God. Evidence is you exist and you have all the things I therefore already mentioned.

Nothing supernatural.

How can there not be evidence? (Take the word God out; it's a word)
You claiming that "God is life" in an attempt to prove that God exists is employing circular reasoning.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Look at the first point. He is assuming that God exists and that God is consciousness. That is circular reasoning.

God meaning a being?

God is consciousness, that's all that means. It's (not he or she or it really) is our mind.

It's a fancy word for all the reasons I described. People get hung up on the word God.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
God meaning a being?

God is consciousness, that's all that means. It's (not he or she or it really) is our mind.

It's a fancy word for all the reasons I described. People get hung up on the word God.
The word God doesn't matter. By claiming that God is consciousness, he is assuming that God exists. Thus, he is using circular reasoning.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Then, let's just call it life. Otherwise, it becomes unnecessarily confusing and vague. Semantical bait-and-switch tends to accomplish very little of use.

Eh. Was trying to figure how to use the word God without having so many connotations to it. We can call it life. It's convenient calling it a noun. Even Joe would do. Or Pencil maybe.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Eh. Was trying to figure how to use the word God without having so many connotations to it. We can call it life. It's convenient calling it a noun. Even Joe would do. Or Pencil maybe.
But no one is arguing against the existence of life. You have to properly define what God is before attempting to prove God exists.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The word God doesn't matter. By claiming that God is consciousness, he is assuming that God exists. Thus, he is using circular reasoning.

(Kinda like Kigore's post). We don't have to use the word God. It's a word commonly used and I thought I could put the word into a perspective outside of monotheistic meanings. It confuses things. That, and when people talk in metaphysical language, it confuses the mess out of me. Use he, she, it, or a simple word. That's why I really don't care for mystical and metaphysics talk. Make it simple.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist

If you want to meaningfully discuss something (particularly with other people), then you need to meaningfully define it in a clear, cogent, and consistent manner. As it stands right now, I have no idea what it is that you are trying to say exists, or whether or not you are actually discussing anything cogently definable at all.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If you claim that God is a being, you are again assuming your conclusion that God exists.

God is a being to some people. However, I did list different other definitions of God. I dont see God as a being. Its one of the many definitions I listed. I dont see how the thread made it seem any of the reasons make God a person.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
(Kinda like Kigore's post). We don't have to use the word God. It's a word commonly used and I thought I could put the word into a perspective outside of monotheistic meanings. It confuses things. That, and when people talk in metaphysical language, it confuses the mess out of me. Use he, she, it, or a simple word. That's why I really don't care for mystical and metaphysics talk. Make it simple.
Why would that make a difference?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If you want to meaningfully discuss something (particularly with other people), then you need to meaningfully define it in a clear, cogent, and consistent manner. As it stands right now, I have no idea what it is that you are trying to say exists, or whether or not you are actually discussing anything cogently definable at all.

The "Spoiler" defines God.

Just saying that God exists (in spoiler). When someone says God does not exist, I look at the definition in the spoiler and scratch my head. How? If God didn't exist, nothing would be here.