• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

tiredness hallucinations?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Yesterday I stayed awake for more than 22 hours straight which is a very long time for me

When I closed my eyes having finally gone to bed I saw a vision of dancing smurfs on a cruise liner and things like that

Some very crazy stuff but it was entertaining

I did not know that was a symptom of being extremely tired

Does this sort of thing happen to other people?

These were only closed-eyed hallucinations but if I stayed up longer maybe I'd see vivid smurfs in my actual environment?

Don't want to do that though

It can't be healthy

libre

Skylark
An Ojibwe man once told me that abstaining from sleep was part of some traditions of vision quests for Indigenous Americans.
Incredibly dangerous if you don't know what you are doing, those are.

22 hours however, seems to me more likely could be related to something else than just sleep. Any chance they could by psychedelic cat flashbacks?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
22 hours however, seems to me more likely could be related to something else than just sleep. Any chance they could by psychedelic cat flashbacks?
It's a lot for me!

I think that when people become extremely tired the boundary between their dream world and the waking world becomes increasingly porus and one eventually nodds off

I doubt last night's smurfs' pleasure cruise was the result of any illness or anything

I already have plenty of those things under my belt already anyway!

Heyo

Veteran Member
It's a lot for me!

I think that when people become extremely tired the boundary between their dream world and the waking world becomes increasingly porus and one eventually nodds off
Yep. And you were already in bed and preparing to sleep. I'd file that under lucid dreaming rather than hallucination.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Yesterday I stayed awake for more than 22 hours straight which is a very long time for me
When I closed my eyes having finally gone to bed I saw a vision of dancing smurfs on a cruise liner and things like that

These were only closed-eyed hallucinations but if I stayed up longer maybe I'd see vivid smurfs in my actual environment?

For me, its usually a combination of things, Lack of sleep being a trigger, with high stress, illness or drugs being the other.

anna.

but mostly it's the same

It can't be healthy

You were already half asleep and experiencing hypnagogia?

☆Dreamwind☆

Yup sure does. Sometimes you'll get audio hallucinations too. I once stayed up for about a week with little to no sleep, and lala land definitely came to me.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member

It can't be healthy

I've kind of had something like it happen to me before, but it took more than 22 hours without sleep.