• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Silent Epidemic of Male Suicide

chevron1

have you compared the suicide rate for gay men? they are coming under pressure to conform as hetero trans-women or bisexual straight men.

2A4A274D00000578-3151694-image-m-29_1436232808967.jpg

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It's because of lack of, or meaningless, socializing. Meaningless socializing is without reference to people's actual emotions, focusing in stead on some politically or religiously correct idea about good and evil. It is currently mainly science which causes people not to believe emotions are real.
Understanding science leads to suicide?

The Neo Nerd

Understanding science leads to suicide?
Yes.

Evolution leads to meaninglessness which leads to suicide.

No seriously.

I am currently studying to be a online crisis supporter for lifeline. They deal with a lot of suicide calls.

From what they tell me (and i am too lazy this early in the morning to do the research) women attempt suicide more often than men; but men succeed more often than women.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes.
Evolution leads to meaninglessness which leads to suicide.
No seriously.
I believe that you're serious.....just wrong.
I'm a fire breathing evolutionist, & I have all the meaning I want.
Moreover, believers also commit suicide, so there must be something else at work here.
I say look into stress, grief & most of all, mental illness.

Personally, I find scientific endeavors & knowledge quite uplifting.
Mayhaps some think otherwise because they're threatened by science, & seek to demonize it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The real emotions are a matter of opinion. So when you regard emotions as a factual issue, you are ignoring the real emotions.

For evidence see the topic on: evolution theory turns colleges into hellholes of depression.
This thread doesn't quite rise to the level of "cogent argument" for me.
It's more of the "train wreck" variety.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

This thread doesn't quite rise to the level of "cogent argument" for me.
It's more of the "train wreck" variety.

You cannot make subjectivity work with emotions being a factual issue. With emotions being a factual issue, then you get objectivity, not subjectivity. That is obvious, or it should be.

The only evidence to provide is to show that scientists cause it to happen that emotions are regarded as a factual issue. It has been shown, science is guilty, science should be forced to accept subjectivity is valid, case closed.

And when there is an atmosphere that subjectivity is valid, then that is a whole different ballgame from this nasty atmosphere where anything which is subjective is attacked, for the precise reason that it is subjective. Emotions are of course fragile, so it matters a great deal if they are attacked or not. Attacking emotions diminishes them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You cannot make subjectivity work with emotions being a factual issue. With emotions being a factual issue, then you get objectivity, not subjectivity. That is obvious, or it should be.

The only evidence to provide is to show that scientists cause it to happen that emotions are regarded as a factual issue. It has been shown, science is guilty, science should be forced to accept subjectivity is valid, case closed.

And when there is an atmosphere that subjectivity is valid, then that is a whole different ballgame from this nasty atmosphere where anything which is subjective is attacked, for the precise reason that it is subjective. Emotions are of course fragile, so it matters a great deal if they are attacked or not. Attacking emotions diminishes them.
I really don't understand your free will vs subjectivity vs objectivity vs emotions vs rational thought vs evolution vs creation argument. It seems a jumble of unrelated opinions.

Mohammad Nur Syamsu

I really don't understand your free will vs subjectivity vs objectivity vs emotions vs rational thought vs evolution vs creation argument. It seems a jumble of unrelated opinions.

That you as a science fan don't understand subjectivity in the way I explain it, is just more evidence I am right that scientists reject subjectivity.

And you never actually proposed any alternative explanation for how subjectivity works, as if you would care about subjectivity as an issue. You just dismissed my explanation without argument. What does your behaviour tell you about how you deal with subjectivity, and how scientists in general deal with subjectivity?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That you as a science fan don't understand subjectivity in the way I explain it, is just more evidence I am right that scientists reject subjectivity.

And you never actually proposed any alternative explanation for how subjectivity works, as if you would care about subjectivity as an issue. You just dismissed my explanation without argument. What does your behaviour tell you about how you deal with subjectivity, and how scientists in general deal with subjectivity?
Despite continually telling me what I don't understand,
I don't think you have any idea what I understand.

Last edited:

MD

qualiaphile
Masculinity is constantly attacked by the left. From teachers to professors in university to economists, people who run society have tried to make masculinity as something evil. Men are programmed into being beta or omega males, which is against nature. Divorce courts favour women, they get custody of kids and that furthers depression for fathers. Then there are all those white knight SJWs who actually defend all the bull**** which aims to destroy them. Brainwashing of males to reject their nature leaves a lot of men confused and unhappy.

The key is to not give a ****, lift hard, read well, bang hard and eat lots of protein. Have a few kids to pass your values onto, and vote libertarian or conservative. Trust family and few good friends over anyone else. OH and eat lettuce, otherwise you will get constipation from all that protein. :)

Last edited:

Curious George

Veteran Member
Masculinity is constantly attacked by the left. From teachers to professors in university to economists, people who run society have tried to make masculinity as something evil. Men are programmed into being beta or omega males, which is against nature. Divorce courts favour women, they get custody of kids and that furthers depression for fathers. Then there are all those white knight SJWs who actually defend all the bull**** which aims to destroy them. Brainwashing of males to reject their nature leaves a lot of men confused and unhappy.

The key is to not give a ****, lift hard, read well, bang hard and eat lots of protein. Have a few kids to pass your values onto, and vote libertarian or conservative. Trust family and few good friends over anyone else. OH and eat lettuce, otherwise you will get constipation from all that protein. :)
While I agree that you touch on a valid topic the reactionary element removes it from relevant discussion.

vaguelyhumanoid

Heterosexual masculinity is not in any danger. The harder one tries to assert their narrow view of masculinity, the more vulnerable and easily offended he proves himself to be. It's like one of those chihuahuas who can't stop barking.

You know what's really vilified? Male femininity. And yet you never see self-proclaimed "men's rights activists" fighting for the rights of men to wear dresses or be sexually penetrated... wonder why?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Heterosexual masculinity is not in any danger. The harder one tries to assert their narrow view of masculinity, the more vulnerable and easily offended he proves himself to be. It's like one of those chihuahuas who can't stop barking.

You know what's really vilified? Male femininity. And yet you never see self-proclaimed "men's rights activists" fighting for the rights of men to wear dresses or be sexually penetrated... wonder why?
While I agree, there is a lot of challenge to rough and tumble play and risk taking in schools. This likely stems largely from concerns over legal liability but many think of such behavior as wrong.

Similarly, there is a focus on feminine learning styes while males continue to struggle. Our reactionary tough on crime anti bullying sentiments (not that crime or bullying is good) has brought us zero tolerance and a school to prison pipeline.

statistically, boys face many challenges today (challenges which are not negated by other forms of privilege) and anyone with a high masculinity will have a difficult time in some of our designed environments.

I certainly don't think reactionary gets anywhere close to solving these issues but rather creates more, but we shouldn't pretend that masculinity has no challenges.