• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Quran's perspective

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I have noticed that while reading the Quran in the Sahih International Version that it speaks from the perspective of "Us" and I just want to make sure that I'm following exactly who is speaking. Is it the angels or human beings?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
I have noticed that while reading the Quran in the Sahih International Version that it speaks from the perspective of "Us" and I just want to make sure that I'm following exactly who is speaking. Is it the angels or human beings?
Peace be on you.
Specific verse?

Allah the Exalted, sometimes uses 'We' or 'Us' for His grandeur and sometime to include His system sometimes all of that [-- but obviously not for more than One God.]

For example:
[ch 76:v 24] Surely, We have revealed unto thee the Qur’an piecemeal.

[50:17] And assuredly, We have created man and We know what his physical self whispers to him, and We are nearer to him thaneven his jugular vein.

[56:60] Is it you who have created it or are We the Creator?

[18:14] We will relate to thee their story with truth: They were young men who believed in their Lord, and We increased them in guidance.

[20:133] And enjoin Prayer on thy people, and be constant therein. We ask thee not for provision; it is We that provide for thee. And the end is for righteousness.

[15:10] Verily, We Ourself have sent down this Exhortation, and most surely We will be its Guardian.

[21:108] And We have sent thee not but as a mercy for all peoples.

Ref: alislam.org/quran

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Al-Baqarah chapter 2 verses 49 through 50 for example.
Peace be on you.
It is Allah the Exalted:

002-050.png

[2:50] And remember the time when We delivered you from Pharaoh’s people who afflicted you with grievous torment, slaying your sons and sparing your women; and in that there was a great trial for you from your Lord.

002-051.png

[2:51] And remember the time when We divided the sea for you and saved you and drowned Pharaoh’s people, while you looked on.

Same 'We' is used in next verses, e.g. one of them:
002-054.png

[2:54] And remember the time when We gave Moses the Book and the Discrimination, that you might be rightly guided.

Source: The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online
with short and detailed commentaries
wwwDOTalislamDOTorg/quran/search2/showChapter.php?ch=2&verse=49

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

It's from the other world consisting of God and his angels.

Khudayar

It's from the other world consisting of God and his angels.

Salam. Not really brother. See this example: "O mankind! We have created you..." Tanzil - Quran Navigator | القرآن الكريم
Angels are not creators. God is.

There are some reasons why the term "we" and "us" is used. One of them being related to the language.

In languages such as Arabic, Persian, Turkish, German, etc. you use plural term for a single person for reasons such as respect, esteem, etc.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Salam. Not really brother. See this example: "O mankind! We have created you..." Tanzil - Quran Navigator | القرآن الكريم
Angels are not creators. God is.

There are some reasons why the term "we" and "us" is used. One of them being related to the language.

In languages such as Arabic, Persian, Turkish, German, etc. you use plural term for a single person for reasons such as respect, esteem, etc.

Yes God is the creator but the angels execute the orders and are involved, For example if i say we discovered water in Mars, so i mean "we" as humans even though i ain't involved in the discovery.

Khudayar

Not at all.

If you think so, then how do you explain this verse, brother:

وَلَقَدْ سَبَقَتْ كَلِمَتُنَا لِعِبَادِنَا الْمُرْسَلِينَ

"And certainly Our word has already gone forth in respect of Our servants, the apostles"

The Holy Quran is God's word. And if you say that it is because the angels bring the revelations and are involved then we have another problem, how could the Prophets be mentioned as "OUR IBAAD " (the Arabic term ABD, thus its plural IBAAD, means worshippers, servants) if the term "OUR" refers to God and the angels? Prophets are not worshippers of angels.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Not at all.

If you think so, then how do you explain this verse, brother:

وَلَقَدْ سَبَقَتْ كَلِمَتُنَا لِعِبَادِنَا الْمُرْسَلِينَ

"And certainly Our word has already gone forth in respect of Our servants, the apostles"

The Holy Quran is God's word. And if you say that it is because the angels bring the revelations and are involved then we have another problem, how could the Prophets be mentioned as "OUR IBAAD " (the Arabic term ABD, thus its plural IBAAD, means worshippers, servants) if the term "OUR" refers to God and the angels? Prophets are not worshippers of angels.

Thank you brother for this great point.

Please note that the quran used عِبَادِنَا (our IBAAD) for the prophets only, as the prophets were within the system of the other world in which we as عباد (IBAAD) in this world should follow their message which delivered to them by the Angel.