• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The contributions of the sciences to Religion

leibowde84

Veteran Member
You obviously are a time waster....bordering a t****... You are dismissed as such....:rolleyes: Just follow the instructions about the last dream you have before you wake up and pay attention....the proof of the pudding is in the eating.....
It was an honest question, and I've asked it quite a few times now. You have merely refused to answer it. Can you explain the reasoning for your certainty that these experiences are "prescience" as you claim, rather than mere coincidences?

I'm not trolling, btw. Just curious.

mystic64

nolonger active
I never changed in the first place. That was all in your head, I guess. I've been saying the same thing this whole time. All you have to do is look back at my comments. I stated that I of course have had experiences you describe as "prescience" (which is why I put it in quotations), but, in my opinion, they were most likely coincidence.

It could be his subconscous mind processing information and when the aquatic and the atmospheric conditions are right for a high probability of him catching something his subconscous mind comunicates with him in a dream. After all he is an experienced fisherman and generally fishes in the same places. True presciense would show an absolute and his records show a high probability, but not an absolute. Subconscously he has a feel for things as an experienced fisherman and his subconscous mind when conditions are right tells him so. Maybe :)

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
It was an honest question, and I've asked it quite a few times now. You have merely refused to answer it. Can you explain the reasoning for your certainty that these experiences are "prescience" as you claim, rather than mere coincidences?

I'm not trolling, btw. Just curious.
Think of the statistical improbability?

I has not dreamed of India before......I dreamed of India a few hours before the assassination...
I had never dreamed of an assassination before.....I dreamed of an assassination a few hours before the assassination.
I had never dreamed of a woman being assassinated before...I dreamed of woman being assassinated a few hours before the assassination.
I had never dreamed of a Indian VIP woman before....I dreamed the Indian woman assassinated was a VIP a few hours before the assassination...
I had never dreamed of being in a Indian garden setting before....I dreamed the assassination took place in a Indian garden setting a few hours before the assassination...
I had never dreamed of an assassination by two security men before....I dreamed the assassination was carried out by two security men a few hours before the assassination...
I never dreamed of an assassination using a machine gun before...I dreamed the the assassination was carried out with a machine gum a few hours before the assassination...
I had never dreamed of a VIP Indian woman being assassinated in a Indian garden setting by two security men using a machine gun before...I dreamed of a VIP Indian woman being assassinated by two security men using a machine gun in an Indian garden setting a few hours before the assassination...

Now if you want to consider this a random dream whose details matched the reality of the events a few hours later due to a mere coincidence....fine...but I would have serious doubts about your seriousness to learn...in fact to be honest I already do...

Last edited:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Please show your math
The "think of" means it is just an expression, no precise figure was implied....besides which, I doubt there would be anyone on RF who would be capable of understanding the math and statistical methodology even it were possible to calculate...the point is that common sense should tell you that the odds are overwhelming....

The thing is though that someone who believes the universe does not exist does not have any common sense....
1rof1ROFL_zps05e59ced.gif

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
The "think of" means it is just an expression, no precise figure was implied....besides which, I doubt there would be anyone on RF who would be capable of understanding the math and statistical methodology even it were possible to calculate...the point is that common sense should tell you that the odds are overwhelming....

The thing is though that someone who believes the universe does not exist does not have any common sense....
1rof1ROFL_zps05e59ced.gif
I figured you were still talking out your backside.
Thank you for the confirmation.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Hey...you are not even supposed to exist by your own understanding.....your credibility of not existing is not credible....haha...:rolleyes:
I find it quite entertaining that you still have no clue
Now I wonder how long it will take for you to realize that you got your *** handed to you.

Carry on, the entertainment you provide now is priceless.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I find it quite entertaining that you still have no clue
Now I wonder how long it will take for you to realize that you got your *** handed to you.

Carry on, the entertainment you provide now is priceless.
Ok....Let me ask you this simple question to see where you are coming from, so a starting point of agreement can be established...do you think this universe exists....yes or no?http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...evolution-is-true.170120/page-48#post-4595754

http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...evolution-is-true.170120/page-48#post-4595754

Your answer to my question was....No!

Explain to us all why you think the universe does not exist?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Ok....Let me ask you this simple question to see where you are coming from, so a starting point of agreement can be established...do you think this universe exists....yes or no?Can you give me an observable evidence that Evolution is true?

http://www.religiousforums.com/thre...evolution-is-true.170120/page-48#post-4595754

Your answer to my question was....No!

Explain to us all why you think the universe does not exist?
I already handed your *** to you in the other thread.
Your inability to recognize that fact is your problem, not mine.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
I already handed your *** to you in the other thread.
Your inability to recognize that fact is your problem, not mine.
Trying to misdirect didn't work for you last time...what makes you think it will work this time....now answer the question or begone...why do you think the universe does not exist?

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
Trying to misdirect didn't work for you last time...what makes you think it will work this time....now answer the question or begone...why do you think the universe does not exist?
*yawn*
Been there.
Done that.
Now sitting back waiting for you to understand.
Not holding my breath, mind you.
I have serious doubts of you ability to put your ego in check long enough, but I do have faith that one day you might.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
science seems to be destroying religion as we know it
Science is just a tool of investigation in material and physical realms of human life, and does not cover the whole life. Religion supports and is not against science but religions goes deeper in life and brings forth meaning and purpose of human life. Science cannot destroy the revealed religion.
Regards

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
*yawn*
Been there.
Done that.
Now sitting back waiting for you to understand.
Not holding my breath, mind you.
I have serious doubts of you ability to put your ego in check long enough, but I do have faith that one day you might.
You have not done that.....I can't understand your explanation if I have never seen it? So please explain why you believe the universe does not exist or show us where you have?

mystic64

nolonger active
Science is just a tool of investigation in material and physical realms of human life, and does not cover the whole life. Religion supports and is not against science but religions goes deeper in life and brings forth meaning and purpose of human life. Science cannot destroy the revealed religion.
Regards

Paarsurrey, I do not disagree with you, I was just approaching things from a different angle. How can I put this in a way that will totally upset everybody? Humm :) ? There is a battle going on in today's world for the individual minds that make up the Community of Humankind, in a world at war sense. A part of this battle has to do with Atheism verses Theism with the understanding that Theism is also battling within itself. From there we go to higher education academia where the front lines of this war between Atheism and Theism is being vigorously waged to the advantage of the Atheists. Because they, as a large influental part of academia, are the one's that train and influence the minds of the younger folks that go to these different insitutions for knowledge. And their main weapon is, "Science." To them science is not just a tool for investigation (as you and I both agree that it is), science (their version of it :) ) is "the evidence" that prooves in no way, shape, or form can the possibily of a "Higher Being" exist. And if you dissagree with their version/interpretation of science, then you are delusional at best. These folks in the "hallowed" halls of academia are using their twisted version of "Science" to destroy religion as we know it, one group of young minds at a time. And it is politically correct in today's world for them to do that. I am not saying that we should promote Theism or Atheism in a higher education environment, I am saying that one should receive a higher education that is non bias. And a twisted version of "Science" (usually along with some form of charactor assasination) should absolutely not be used to influence the minds of young people in a higher academic environment.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Paarsurrey, I do not disagree with you, I was just approaching things from a different angle. How can I put this in a way that will totally upset everybody? Humm :) ? There is a battle going on in today's world for the individual minds that make up the Community of Humankind, in a world at war sense. A part of this battle has to do with Atheism verses Theism with the understanding that Theism is also battling within itself. From there we go to higher education academia where the front lines of this war between Atheism and Theism is being vigorously waged to the advantage of the Atheists. Because they, as a large influental part of academia, are the one's that train and influence the minds of the younger folks that go to these different insitutions for knowledge. And their main weapon is, "Science." To them science is not just a tool for investigation (as you and I both agree that it is), science (their version of it :) ) is "the evidence" that prooves in no way, shape, or form can the possibily of a "Higher Being" exist. And if you dissagree with their version/interpretation of science, then you are delusional at best. These folks in the "hallowed" halls of academia are using their twisted version of "Science" to destroy religion as we know it, one group of young minds at a time. And it is politically correct in today's world for them to do that. I am not saying that we should promote Theism or Atheism in a higher education environment, I am saying that one should receive a higher education that is non bias. And a twisted version of "Science" (usually along with some form of charactor assasination) should absolutely not be used to influence the minds of young people in a higher academic environment.
I agree with you.

Atheism is no problem. It has no basis. We should convince them with the our reasonable and brilliant signs and arguments on one to one basis in and outside the Academia, over a cup of tea and coffee, like:

Hello! Hello! Hello
!

Peace be on you and your family.
Over a cup of hot coffee or tea in the Tim Hortons
Without the burden of “Burden of proof”
Let us compare our notes on:
“Does God exist or does not exist?”
Don’t worry; I will pay the bill of Tim Hortons.
Cordially invited to one to one discussion
Open to everybody, the Theists (the believers in God) of all denominations and the Atheists (the non-believers) of all hues and colors.
It will be a peaceful dialogue and without derision or ridicule.
Just call me, please:
I am, Skeptic of the Skeptic, a believer in God very naturally.
I am confident we can convince them with peaceful dialogue .
Regards

Shad

Veteran Member
So Shad thinks all fisherman remember they will catch no fish next day since they already knew and planned said no activity

Remember a dream you mean. You have yet to establish you saw the future. Also there is the issue of predetermination.
or they already know they will catch a crab and a few catfish but no bream.since they already know and planned said events ....and they remembered to carry it out according to plan ......haha :rolleyes:

You still planned to go fishing prior to your dream hence prior knowledge which is included in your dream.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Remember a dream you mean. You have yet to establish you saw the future. Also there is the issue of predetermination.

You still planned to go fishing prior to your dream hence prior knowledge which is included in your dream.
No Shad....you said...."I have dreams about activities I will do the next days since I already know and planned said activities..... It is called memory...."
I have just used your rationalization of a fisherman who dreams about activities he will do next day when he does fishing since he already knows and planned said activities...because of memory...

So when the fisherman dreams of catching a catfish and a crab, but no bream, and goes off next day and catches a catfish and a crab but not a bream, you are saying the dream does not indicate prescience because he knew precisely what he wanted to catch and planned it accordingly beforehand....and just dreamed it because of the memory of the plan... If that is the case...the fisherman has even more remarkable ESP than prescience...in fact the dream is superfluous....he can plan precisely the fish he want to catch before hand....and they hop on his line according to the plan...and he doesn't catch any that were not in the plan...haha...:)

Shad....I really don't think you have the prerequisite understanding of logic to post here... at least think more deeply before you post such nonsense.....