• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best religion quiz I tried

Sumit

Sanatana Dharma
Very good quiz. Here is result.
1. Hinduism (100%)
2. Mahayana Buddhism (81%)
3. Jainism (77%)
4. Sikhism (76%)
5. Neo-Pagan (73%)
6. New Age (69%)
7. Unitarian Universalism (67%)
8. New Thought (66%)
9. Scientology (65%)
10. Theravada Buddhism (64%)
11. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (62%)
12. Orthodox Judaism (58%)
13. Taoism (54%)
14. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (49%)
15. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (45%)
16. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (43%)
17. Islam (43%)
18. Reform Judaism (42%)
19. Jehovahs Witness (38%)
20. Seventh Day Adventist (37%)
21. Eastern Orthodox (33%)
22. Roman Catholic (33%)
23. Bahai (33%)
24. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (31%)
25. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (31%)
26. Secular Humanism (29%)
27. Non-theist (10%)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
When I find myself repeatedly selecting "none of the above" it becomes clear that the quiz is of little value to me.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
1.Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (90%)
3. Mahayana Buddhism (89%)
4. New Age (89%)
5. New Thought (85%)
6. Jainism (82%)
7. Taoism (81%)
8. Hinduism (76%)

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
When I find myself repeatedly selecting "none of the above" it becomes clear that the quiz is of little value to me.

It's true that it's not easy to make a quiz with such complex things as religion and spirituality... It will always be partial, but this quiz seemed the "less worse" to me!

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
1.Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Neo-Pagan (90%)
3. Mahayana Buddhism (89%)
4. New Age (89%)
5. New Thought (85%)
6. Jainism (82%)
7. Taoism (81%)
8. Hinduism (76%)

Well your religion is not too far. And it seems accurate considering Sanatana Dharma is sometimes close to Universalism. Out of curiosity: do you consider yourself as part Universalist?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
do you consider yourself as part Universalist?

Yes, much to the chagrin of a few people here and there. Most people I know in real life whom I've discussed it with, whether they are Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Christians, have said "meh, God is God, we all believe something different, so who cares?". I think it's only on the internet where people make their pronouncements of what is right and wrong. Or I just happen to know a lot of very liberal Jews, Muslims, Hindus, and Christians. :D I believe that almost all paths are valid ways to reach and know God, in the sense that all religions are valid for followers of that religion. Obviously I don't believe the Aztec religion was, given the human sacrifices. There are some paths that are dead ends. However, their religion was not for the purpose of reaching God, but for appeasing the gods and keeping the gods from becoming angry and vengeful. But there also, that was valid for them.

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?
Yes, much to the chagrin of a few people here and there.

I always wondered why Universalism as a bad image when, in fact, many people are universalists (in denial)... As you say, people tend to believe that, in the end, all religions have the same goal.

I agree with you about all religions being good, except for extremists. But what I consider extremist is flexible. I had friend who were part of what is considered a sect in the French-speaking world (Raelians, in case francophones are reading this). By getting to now them I saw that their religion wasn't extremist at all. But that's another thread!

To get back to your results, it shows that the test was not too much of a stretch...

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I always wondered why Universalism as a bad image when, in fact, many people are universalists (in denial)...

I'm sure I don't know. Universalism at its core is nothing more than a "live and let live, worship and let worship" attitude. It does not mean syncretization, fusion or amalgamation of religions as is popularly and erroneously believed. I'm a syncretist and a universalist. One could be a universalist without being a syncretist, but I doubt one could be a syncretist without being a universalist.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
These tests always present a problem for me. I can usually tell which choice would cause me to fall in the "Mormon" bucket, and it's hard to be 100% objective in answering. In other words, to me, these tests are always more of a "How well do you know what your religion teaches?" than anything else. This particular test put me at 100% Mormon (surprise, surprise) followed by Orthodox Quaker and then Mainline Liberal Protestant. I suppose that's fairly accurate.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
My results today:

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Taoism (95%)
3. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (92%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (88%)
5. New Age (81%)
6. Neo-Pagan (80%)
7. Theravada Buddhism (80%)
8. Jainism (79%)
9. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (73%)
10. Secular Humanism (71%)
11. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (70%)
12. New Thought (68%)
13. Scientology (60%)
14. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (59%)
15. Hinduism (59%)
16. Reform Judaism (57%)
17. Sikhism (56%)
18. Non-theist (50%)
19. Bahai (50%)
20. Islam (41%)
21. Seventh Day Adventist (30%)
22. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (30%)
23. Orthodox Judaism (25%)
24. Jehovahs Witness (23%)
25. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (23%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (14%)
27. Roman Catholic (14%)

xkatz

These tests always present a problem for me. I can usually tell which choice would cause me to fall in the "Mormon" bucket, and it's hard to be 100% objective in answering. In other words, to me, these tests are always more of a "How well do you know what your religion teaches?" than anything else.
This is my exact problem as well, which is why I find this quiz hard to gauge what I really believe.

And my top three were Reform Judaism, Orthodox Judaism, and Sikhism.

Last edited:
1. Orthodox Judaism–100%
2. Jehovah's Witnesses-97%
3. LDS—97%
4. Islam—84%
5. Hinduism—81%
6. Sikhism—80%
7. Eastern Orthodox—78%
8. Roman Catholic—78%
9. Orthodox Quaker—72%
10. Bahai—70%
11. Jainism—70%
12. Mainline–Conservative Christian Protestant—69%
13. 7th Day Adventist—69%
14. Reform Judaism—51%
15. Liberal Quakers—47%

There's more, but since it's so low I doubt it would interest anyone.

Edit: How is there that big a gap between Orthodox and Reform Judaism? I'm closer to Mormonism, for crying out loud.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Indeed. When I saw my results I had to stifle my gag reflex. What a complete waste of time.

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Liberal Quakers - Religious Society of Friends (83%)
3. Secular Humanism (73%)
4. Non-theist (70%)
5. Mainline - Liberal Christian Protestants (67%)
6. Taoism (66%)
7. New Thought (58%)
8. Theravada Buddhism (57%)
9. Mahayana Buddhism (56%)
10. Reform Judaism (54%)
11. New Age (53%)
12. Neo-Pagan (52%)
13. Christian Science Church of Christ, Scientist (51%)
14. Scientology (45%)
15. Sikhism (36%)
16. Jainism (35%)
17. Hinduism (34%)
18. Bahai (30%)
19. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (27%)
20. Orthodox Judaism (27%)
21. Orthodox Quaker - Religious Society of Friends (22%)
22. Eastern Orthodox (21%)
23. Islam (21%)
24. Roman Catholic (21%)
25. Mainline - Conservative Christian Protestant (16%)
26. Seventh Day Adventist (12%)
27. Jehovahs Witness (6%)

45% for Scien-fricken-tology? Jeez, Louise. :facepalm:

There should be an online caution on these tests stating WHY you will score so highly with Unitarian Universalism. Given one can be a UU Satanist, a UU Muslim, a UU Buddhist etc... virtually any line of though falls under their umbrella.