• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Best Books

Onyx

Premium Member
Do you have any favorite "inspirational" books? What are the finest editions and translations? Have you written any books yourself?

Inspirational books might include:
-Main religious texts
-Philosophy
-Psychology
-Science
-Historical texts
-Grimoires/Spellbooks
-Mythology

Half of my bookshelf is filled with technical manuals I don't need anymore, so I'm clearing the shelves. Help me fill them back up!

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Do you have any favorite "inspirational" books? What are the finest editions and translations? Have you written any books yourself?

Inspirational books might include:
-Main religious texts
-Philosophy
-Psychology
-Science
-Historical texts
-Grimoires/Spellbooks
-Mythology

Half of my bookshelf is filled with technical manuals I don't need anymore, so I'm clearing the shelves. Help me fill them back up!

Peace be on you.
For your virtual book shelf:

1=There are many books at
https://www.alislam.org/books/

2=There are a lot of information on any subject, especially Home remedies and DIY things on internet. One has to be careful about history like things though.

3=
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-tips-for-finding-a-good-use-for-old-tech-manuals/

rocala

Summerhill by A.S. Neil and 1984 by George Orwell. I read both of these in my mid teens and came to realize how beautiful and how fragile freedom is.

Onyx

Premium Member
Thank you for the responses. I'm looking for a few specific things, if anyone can help.

I used to have a cheap paperback about psychic phenomena and other bizarre things, but I can't remember the title. It featured a Russian woman who supposedly performed telekinesis, and explained how to sharpen razor blades by placing them within a pyramid.

I'm also looking for excellent PRINTED copies of:
-KJV Bible (sans New Testament, if that's possible), Koran, other mainstream religious texts.
-Origin of Species (the more pictures the better!)
-Antique occult/freemasonry or other interesting books. I'm possibly a buyer, or can find them myself.

I want the best and the finest editions, whether currently in print or not. Cost is not a factor.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Sit Down and Shut Up
By Brad Warner

The Tao of Pooh and the Te of Piglet
By Benjamin Hoff.

Way of Zen by Alan Watts

Shobogenzo and Moon in a Dewdrop
By Dogen

Blue Cliff Records
Koan Collection

Demon Haunted World
By Carl Sagon