• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Something we may agree on

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Global Rich List

Got this from a New member post. My salary puts me well into the top 1%.

25 dollars a week or 1300 per year puts you at just over 50% for global wealth. Its really not a big number that has to be given out.

Global Rich List

Got this from a New member post. My salary puts me well into the top 1%.

25 dollars a week or 1300 per year puts you at just over 50% for global wealth. Its really not a big number that has to be given out.
We still have to compare it to the cost of living which varies sharpy from place to place. A homeless person in America could afford a slum of the kind that are allowed in third world countries but can't build a shanty and is in greater danger of freezing to death in winter, even if his/her income exceeds the dollar a day income of the slum dweller in a tropical climate.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
We still have to compare it to the cost of living which varies sharpy from place to place. A homeless person in America could afford a slum of the kind that are allowed in third world countries but can't build a shanty and is in greater danger of freezing to death in winter, even if his/her income exceeds the dollar a day income of the slum dweller in a tropical climate.

There are only about 700000 homeless people in the US and I have thought about it and basically have YMCA type shelters but with 4 walls and a door for privacy. We are not trying to make a permanent thing but an option until they can turn things around. My plan was to use the money to pay businesses to provide free shelter, food and water for all and not actually give out the money to the individual.

I did some more numbers
25.00 times 7 billion people times 52 weeks is 9 trillion 60 billion dollars per year the US Federal government currently spends .5 trillion on welfare per year and that doesn't include what the states spend or other countries already spend. We would need 32 more counties to give half of what we spend and you would expect all countries to participate. It certainly seems do able by the numbers. Realistically though it will never happen.