• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Slovakia is banning Muslim immigration.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Do you think President Obama would ever have the guts to do this?
Most likely not, he would take the opposite approach.

The government of Slovakia has said it will take in struggling migrants from Syria and other countries under a European Union scheme to share the burden of 40,000 new arrivals to the continent, but stipulated it will only be taking Christians, and not Muslims.

( From the article; not my words or politics)

LINK:
http://conservativepost.com/this-country-is-banning-muslims-but-allowing-christians-to-immigrate/

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Well, countries each have their own immigration policies based on what they believe is best. One thing that they have historically considered is ease of integration into the existing society. Even the U.S. has quotas but I believe they are based on country of origin and I'm not sure if religion is ever considered.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
How very Christian of them.

The article does not specify, and I cannot seem to find more, but is this a "Christians Only" policy or just a "No Muslims" one? Both are disgusting, but in different ways. A "Christians Only" policy can at least be defended as being about matters of integration and other long-term goals, as it would limit said immigration to just Christians. Which means no Syrian Muslims, no Syrian Jews, no Syrian Zoroastrians, ect. But "No Muslims" is just that, no Muslims. While I'm not a fan of either, fingers crossed(pftahahaha) it's the former, rather than the latter.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Imagine the day our President has the guts to say we should discriminate once again, like the good old days, on race, religion, and gender! Imagine the happiness of all White Male Christians when the blacks are put into their places, the Jews are sent away, and their women are once again silent at home barefoot and pregnant... imagine! Ronald Reagan and apple pie, the American dream of Republican White Males! [/sarcasm]

Dear God, please make this social mental illness finally stop. Which century do we live in? My God. What the hell sort of hope for this country is this that we should be so ugly, hoping for a President who discriminates against entire ethic groups of people!? This is just absolutely insane and nauseating. Christian, my ***. This suggestion disgusts me.

Last edited:

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Just curious Windwalker, what criteria do you think are valid for deciding who can immigrate? Is it discrimination to deny felons? Where should the lines be drawn?

In the US for example, we don't allow:

- drug addicts
- people with some mental disorders
- the unvaccinated
- persons intending to overthrow the government

I'd say it's defensible to claim that those who support Sharia are intending to overthrow the government, no?

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Just curious Windwalker, what criteria do you think are valid for deciding who can immigrate? Is it discrimination to deny felons? Where should the lines be drawn?

- drug addicts
- the unvaccinated

I'd say it's defensible to claim that those who support Sharia are intending to overthrow the government, no?

Agreed and Muslims living in the U.S. have claimed this
country WILL be an Islamic Nation by at least 2050.
I see that as a threat.

Servant_of_the_One1

Imagine if it was : Only Whites,No N*****
Or No Jews allowed.

Hey but when its about muslims, that is legal right?

Yeah Elderly, Women and children want s to overthrow Slovakian Govt :D
U cant be serious!

How coward can a nation be if they are afraid of 800 elderly, women and children.

Muslims are 6 million in US. How is it possible they can take over a country ruled by 200million immigrants from Europe?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Agreed and Muslims living in the U.S. have claimed this
country WILL be an Islamic Nation by at least 2050.
I see that as a threat.
Yup. And a bunch of Christians throw a hissy fit saying this is a Christian nation, but that doesn't make them right. But it would simply be unthinkable to chastize Christians, openly discriminate against them in such a manner, and hold all Christians accountable for the handful of pedophile priests and terrorist groups.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Or No Jews allowed.

U cant be serious!

How coward can a nation be if they are afraid of 800 elderly, women and children.

Muslims are 6 million in US. How is it possible they can take over a country ruled by 200million immigrants from Europe?

Being black isn't a choice, being a Muslim is. Holding fundamentalist beliefs is. I've been trying hard for several years now to understand what it is Muslims believe when it comes to their ideology. Can you tell me, what you believe? Can you tell me you don't want the world to be governed by Sharia?

Jumi

The article does not specify, and I cannot seem to find more, but is this a "Christians Only" policy or just a "No Muslims" one? Both are disgusting, but in different ways. A "Christians Only" policy can at least be defended as being about matters of integration and other long-term goals, as it would limit said immigration to just Christians. Which means no Syrian Muslims, no Syrian Jews, no Syrian Zoroastrians, ect. But "No Muslims" is just that, no Muslims. While I'm not a fan of either, fingers crossed(pftahahaha) it's the former, rather than the latter.
Yes. Based on what I found and what was in the news, it's a "Christians only" policy not an anti-Muslim one. I agree with your sentiment.

Jumi

Or No Jews allowed.
Yes it's the same.

I don't think it should be their right.

U cant be serious!

They also take men. That would be a good argument if the refugees were mostly women, children and elderly. What annoys the right-wing at least in my country is that refugees seemingly tend to be physically able young men, some who left their wives and children in their country. But at least here they are not talking about restricting everyone but monotheists of their own kind.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
That's unfortunate, but I'm afraid it's their country, their rules. We don't have the right to rudely criticize them for it.

We need to understand and respect that rightful owners can put their own rules whatever they are, specially if it concerns those not involved yet; i.e. the subject Muslims are still somewhere outside Slovakia and have no connections to it at all.

I know this one is harsh for Muslims like me, but they are just putting rules anyways, they are not really coming to me or to other Muslims and demonize them, or kicking out Muslims who are already in the country.

Last edited:

Jumi

That's unfortunate, but I'm afraid its their country, their rules. We don't have the right to rudely criticize them for it.
I disagree. Criticizing for discrimination of refugees is never wrong.

Theoretically I think that people should immigrate to cultures they are comfortable with.

We need to understand and respect that rightful owners can put their own rules whatever they are, specially if it concerns those not involved yet; i.e. the subject Muslims are still somewhere outside Slovakia and have no connections to it at all.
There are Muslims in Slovakia, both legally and illegal immigrants. I think it's their politicians just using the image created by illegal immigrants and things like ISIS to get more support.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
How very Christian of them.

Is not this Slovakia being one of the most secularist nations on this planet? This is a lie about Slovakia.....

Servant_of_the_One1

Sufferings can change meaning a time comes when Countries like slovakia are at war and they flee their country to every part of the world. Lets hope by that time the Slovakians wont be so stupid to seek refugee in muslim world after what they have done today to muslim refugee. Never forget the past.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

- drug addicts
- the unvaccinated

I simply cannot wrap my mind around identifying individuals by entire ethnic groups of people. So let me ask the question back at you. Do you think all Muslims are:

"- drug addicts
- the unvaccinated
- persons intending to overthrow the government"

?

Your question looks at individuals, but you are using it to justify saying no to those with a religious belief or ethnic identity. All Muslims are terrorists, or some such brain-dead response.

How I answer the question is simple. Look at the individuals and decide if they individually are problems. You on the other hand see all Muslims as the problem. In reality, that mentality that you have, is the actual problem. Maybe we should start deporting the group you belong to, since you as an individual are biased against entire groups of people, disregarding their individuality? Deport all Jehovah's Witnesses, or something like that? ;)

Last edited: