• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Significance of Digital Roots

Satsujin

I recently tried to see if you could find any correlation between digital roots of words that had some semantic relation. Using about 121 words, some spiritual some non spiritual. I didnt find a direct correlation but did see something interesting. In the root range 1-9 most words either fell into the first prime 1 or last prime 7 of that range. There was a good number in 8 too but only about 1/4th of the other two. Since random selection of either 1 or 7 would be 22% I was sort of surprised to see that 56% of the words fell into either 1 or 7. Anyone think this may be interesting? I am not saying there is semantic significance since meaning varies wildly even to nature of opposites but maybe SOME significance. It didnt fall on 2 random numbers but the first and last prime instead. Here are the words from digital root 1:
om
oneness
heaven
zion
utopia
hell
isiah
aztec
bibletorahquran
adam
eden
birthlifedeath
pastpresentfuture
osirisisishorus
thealphatheomega
man
spirit
seekfind
afterlife
spacetime
dna
doublehelixbases
conscious
theentireuniverse
antitheism
materialsciencesimmaterialsciences
emotion
positivenegativeapathetic
sexualtype
homosexualheterosexualbisexual
firstlifeonearth
EukaryotesVirusProkaryotes
firstcells
EukaryotesProkaryotes

Words from 7:
devil
brahma
advaitadvaita
hinduism
lifedeath
rebornlifedeath
jesuschrist
yeshua
yahweh
laotsu
one
trinity
islamjudaismchristianity
earth
bibletorahkoran
thor
opposite
everything
trinity
church
alphaomega
yahwehjesusallah
instituteofnoeticscience
ions
originofspecies
evolution
survivalofthefittest
agctu
nucleobase
superego
higherorderthought
hot
herenow
photon

Satsujin

Wait I'm not sure about that post. I may have been biased in selection of words with same meaning. E,g, when trying to place a concept of everythingness and nothingness I would have only selected the string that fell into 1 or 7. Still about 90% of the strings I selected were NOT number selected so I still find it interesting. In the example above only some of the words in 1 below emotion were tried in different combination and only because i was trying to find a way to match with the word below it. If someone is willing to suggest a series of words with strong material or spiritual significance i may be willing to enter them and see if the 1 7 selection is maintained. I find the number interesting since 1 refers to oneness and 7 to attainable perfection,

The problem with semantics is that there are so many words to define a word. I wanted to see if eye and redgreenblue could have the same root but went through many versions of eye before selecting visionorgan which matched redgreenblue. That was the most extreme and only example of major change of the words. The other times I mostly just changed plurality, adjective or nounform or between acronyms and full forms and adding "the".

Last edited: