• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Short story. plz read!

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
i need you all to tell me if im any good. ya, i think i suck at writing, but just tell me in your honest honest opinion.

.He Loves Me.

Standing underneath the shade was not a very good idea. The flies and ants claimed it as their territory. He moved out, his feet crossing the blurred line on the ground of dark to light and he entered the realm of the blazing sun. In a matter of minutes, beads of sweat had gathered on his brow, slowly dripping down his sharp nose. Deciding that flies and ants were better than being soaked he went back into the cool, refreshing shade of the giant oak. He sat down on a wooden park bench waiting....

The day before, he had received yet another anonymous message, one of many mysterious postcards, which he stored in the bottom drawer of his desk. Meet me at the park tomorrow at 4, near the large oak tree, mi amor.... Well, here he was, standing during one of the hottest afternoons of his life waiting for the mysterious person. Perhaps he knew her, perhaps he didn’t. He would like to think it was a woman. The writing was done in purple ink, a simple message, with no return address. A young woman? The postcards always showed scenes from old movies, like Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, etc. It always portrayed romantic poses, Rhett Butler looking romantically into Scarlett O’Hara, their arms holding each other in an embrace lasting forever.

He felt a burning desire, as the sun started to glare into the side of his face, to tell the woman to **** off, to leave him alone. Five minutes later, he got up to leave the park when a shadow to his right made his sit back down.

“Hello…” He said uncertainly.

The dark figure stood like a cut out silhouette with the sun behind her. And finally his eyes focused and there he saw her face.

She stared intently at him, full of adoration and love.

"I...I'm the one who sent... you all the messages..." She said.

Her eyes drifted down towards his folded hands a golden sparkle on his left hand.

The sudden surge of pain that she felt attacked her everywhere. Her head throbbed.

“Look, I’m really sorry, but I have a girlfriend…” He started to say, he looked down at his feet, wondering how he can break news to a pathetic girl.

She was not listening. In a verge of tears she took a nearby rock.

Smash

He fell forward off the park bench, onto soft green grass. The world became to grow dark, his eyelids drooping.

She whimpered, “I’m sorry, but I… I had to do this… for the both,” She knelt forward and bent down and she laid a small kiss on his fine blonde hair, “for the both of us.”

________________________-

well? its my first short story. kinda based on the french movie, He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not. starring audrey taoutou (!!!!!).

Lightkeeper

I liked it a lot. It kept my interest all the way through. I did feel a little confusion starting with the gold shining on his left hand. If you could clarify the ending it would help, great job!!

By the way Runt writes in purple.:)

Master Vigil

I loved it, It would make a good short film!!!!! I love the ending too, I have so many different endings going on inside my head right now. Was it his girlfriend?? Good job!!!

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
Very odd... and I mean that in a good way! Maybe make it a little longer with some more explanation... or not. Enigmas are always cool.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
the gold sparkle was supposed to be his wedding ring to another woman. i guess i should clear up things a bit. that girl is his stalker. if you saw the movie it would make more sense.

thx for the support!

Lightkeeper

Your story needs to stand on it's own, it shouldn't depend on the movie. I did understand about the wedding ring, it was who the girl was that was cloudy. I still think this is a very good story and hope you will do more writing. I think you have talent.