• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Set: Redeeming the Egyptian God of Darkness

☆Dreamwind☆

He's one of my Gods. Nature can be harsh, especially extreme environments like the desert. So it makes sense that he can be harsh. He's the deity of deserts and sandstorms.

Last edited:

Tamino

Cool source! Fascinating to hear the parallels to Levantine deities and later movements, I really enjoyed that part.

But ooooooohhh boy, that guy sure doesn't like Osiris and is a fan of the 19th dynasty. The entire retelling of Seth in Egyptian history is a little bit too black-and-white for me.
I don't think the good guys and the bad guys are ever this clearly discernable, history is full of greys.

For those that are not experts in Egyptian history: the research is impressive, very thorough and sound.
I only spotted a few minor issues that I'd disagree with. For example, he made it sound like people got sacrificed to a god in the early dynastic, but the retainer burials were not human sacrifices in the sense that their life force or blood was offered to a god - they more probably had to die to follow their dead king.