• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science can only discover what G-d has already created/evolved in nature?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Presupposition at its finest.
When I asked him about this, he said that I should look up "faith" in the dictionary. When I asked why the word "faith" is even at all relevant to the discussion at hand, he said that it should be obvious to me. Not exactly the best at making an argument, imho. Pretty darn pathetic if you ask me.

Marisa

When I asked him about this, he said that I should look up "faith" in the dictionary. When I asked why the word "faith" is even at all relevant to the discussion at hand, he said that it should be obvious to me. Not exactly the best at making an argument, imho. Pretty darn pathetic if you ask me.
I agree. In my experience, it's his favorite tactic. I think in his mind he's dazzling us with brilliance, but I'm merely baffled at the BS. :rolleyes:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I agree. In my experience, it's his favorite tactic. I think in his mind he's dazzling us with brilliance, but I'm merely baffled at the BS. :rolleyes:
It's funny. He seems to not have a handle on the difference between a blind claim and an argument.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Science can only discover what G-d has already created/evolved in nature?

This is true by definition for most theists but I'm not sure what point you are making.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have come to suspect that some people truly believe that literaly everyone "deep down" share their beliefs in a creator God.

I suspect it would greatly frustrate them if they somehow learned the truth.

Marisa

The point is clear.....
God created the universe....such is faith.
Science seeks to know how.....
Which god?

Science doesn't give two figs about anyone's god. Since faith requires no fact to bolster it, science cares even less about it.

Marisa

I have come to suspect that some people truly believe that literaly everyone "deep down" share their beliefs in a creator God.

I suspect it would greatly frustrate them if they somehow learned the truth.
In psychiatry, they call that denial. :yum:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Which god?

Science doesn't give two figs about anyone's god. Since faith requires no fact to bolster it, science cares even less about it.
but science DOES care about cause and effect.

The universe (one word) is the effect......God is the Cause.

Spirit first.....as substance is dead stuff and dead stuff is NOT 'self' starting.

and btw...that God would be the Almighty and the Creator

leibowde84

Veteran Member
The point is clear.....
God created the universe....such is faith.
Science seeks to know how.....
So, it is just based on faith then. I believe that the OP was asking for reasoning and/or supporting evidence for these claims you state here.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Spirit first.....as substance is dead stuff and dead stuff is NOT 'self' starting.

Why does God have to be the cause. You jump from the universe being the "effect" to God HAVING to be the "cause". God is a very under-defined entity, so it works, but you skip a very important step altogether. Why does the cause HAVE to be God? Is it merely because we haven't discovered anything (including God, as we have not actually discovered him in the physical sense) that could have created the Universe? Because, that would merely be employing the logical fallacy of arguing from ignorance, and would be flawed logic.

Marisa

You missed the point, yet again. WHICH GOD? Dearest, you presuppose that your god, and no other, exists. Science does not.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You missed the point, yet again. WHICH GOD? Dearest, you presuppose that your god, and no other, exists. Science does not.
There is one Almighty.
In the scheme of superlatives.....ONE is more than all others.
you may believe in as many gods as you care to.....only ONE is Almighty.

makes sense to me....
deary....

leibowde84

Veteran Member
There is one Almighty.

makes sense to me....
deary....
I don't doubt that this makes sense to you. Doesn't make much of a difference, though, as this is a discussion forum. Kinda matters a bit more that your comments "make sense" to other people too.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
There is one Almighty.

makes sense to me....
deary....

Seeing how often you make that claim, I must assume that it does in fact make sense to you.

It is still as unevidenced as anything might possibly be. And dogmatic to the utmost.

Marisa

There is one Almighty.

makes sense to me....
deary....
Yes, I understand it makes sense to you. You may be shaken to your pretty pink booties to know that every adherent of every god ever created by the minds of men believes(ed) in their god as the ONE with as much blathering fervor as yourself. :rolleyes:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Seeing how often you make that claim, I must assume that it does in fact make sense to you.

It is still as unevidenced as anything might possibly be. And dogmatic to the utmost.
If you have any lean to an afterlife....the scheme presented will be there.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes, I understand it makes sense to you. You may be shaken to your pretty pink booties to know that every adherent of every god ever created by the minds of men believes(ed) in their god as the ONE with as much blathering fervor as yourself. :rolleyes:
His existence doesn't depend on me....or you.
As Creator....His existence will remain a mystery to us.
We can ask Him about it when we get there.