• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanism in 3 minutes

Deidre

I watched it, and found it very interesting. I don't know much about Satanism. So, two questions after watching this ...1) What is meant by 'kill your limits?'' 2) What is considered morality in Satanism, the vid mentions mortality so just wondering on that point.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.

I watched it, and found it very interesting. I don't know much about Satanism. So, two questions after watching this ...1) What is meant by 'kill your limits?'' 2) What is considered morality in Satanism, the vid mentions mortality so just wondering on that point.

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.
All of those 'wordbytes' are taken from various essays I composed over the years at the site linked both at the end of the video and in my sig, where they are put into proper context.

With that said;

1) To kill your limits is to first discover where your boundaries are(read, your comfort zone) and push beyond them.

2) Morality is any set of external dictates internalized as truth based on teachings alone.

It should be noted that I do not speak for 'Satanism', as that word can mean anything from christian devil worship to randian egoism to, most recently, ultra liberal social justice fighter(the Satanic temple). I speak for none of the above, but rather those, like myself, that frame the devil's Providence in left hand path deeds purposed , to put it frankly, to burn away all the psychological bull**** we have ALL been programmed with since birth.

Deidre

All of those 'wordbytes' are taken from various essays I composed over the years at the site linked both at the end of the video and in my sig, where they are put into proper context.

With that said;

1) To kill your limits is to first discover where your boundaries are(read, your comfort zone) and push beyond them.

2) Morality is any set of external dictates internalized as truth based on teachings alone.

It should be noted that I do not speak for 'Satanism', as that word can mean anything from christian devil worship to randian egoism to, most recently, ultra liberal social justice fighter(the Satanic temple). I speak for none of the above, but rather those, like myself, that frame the devil's Providence in left hand path deeds purposed , to put it frankly, to burn away all the psychological bull**** we have ALL been programmed with since birth.

This is true, much of all we know, and much of what we disagree with, comes from indoctrination in our childhoods. My personal view of Christianity is different than the version I was raised with, that's for sure. I have another question, do your beliefs bring you a sense of peace?

I have another question, do your beliefs bring you a sense of peace?

That's a tricky question actually.

First, they aren't 'beliefs' in the sense of a religion. It's more like a sport or a trade, but one that helps you in real life. Satanism is something I do rather than something I am.

Second, the aim is to shun peace and embrace conflict. Peace is stagnant, all growth comes from adversity.

Yet, lastly, and most ironically, the answer is yes. Exploring extremes and mapping the limits of your psyche has life changing effects, which for me have included a greater sense of empathy and Zen.

ukok102nak

~;> as they say
Test all things, and hold firmly that which is good.
. ... if we may say so
so as it is ... .

:ty:

godbless
ungo all always

Deidre

That's a tricky question actually.

First, they aren't 'beliefs' in the sense of a religion. It's more like a sport or a trade, but one that helps you in real life. Satanism is something I do rather than something I am.

Second, the aim is to shun peace and embrace conflict. Peace is stagnant, all growth comes from adversity.

Yet, lastly, and most ironically, the answer is yes. Exploring extremes and mapping the limits of your psyche has life changing effects, which for me have included a greater sense of empathy and Zen.

'Embrace conflict.'' I think that in order to find one's center, which is one's peace, one must go through adversity, so in part, I'd agree there. But, to live in conflict and chaos without any reprieve, would be too difficult, and not healthy, tbh. This is definitely different than I had assumed, so clearly, I assumed wrong. lol Thanks for the replies.

Like I mentioned..it's not a religion..it's something you can do aimed at getting a certain kind of results.

Think of it like martial arts training. A martial artist also can have a life outside of the martial art they might train in. It's not about being in strife all the time, but experimenting with dosages of the stuff.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I can't see anything to really disagree with on the video apart from two very minor points, just being my own beliefs;

I wouldn't say that we need to become the "animal that you are" because of the connotation, but rather "become what you really are" which *can* be something with the connotation of an animal, but everyone is different.

And then about destroying morality, I would just add that it isn't that a Satanist needs to totally abandon ethics after they find themselves by destroying morality since we still have values (just different ones). Rather we shouldn't base those on society and what it wants much less when it conflicts with self realization.

Just wanted to share for a different perspective on the topic. As the OP said, Satanism is pretty diverse and so are the opinions.

I can't see anything to really disagree with on the video apart from two very minor points, just being my own beliefs;

I wouldn't say that we need to become the "animal that you are" because of the connotation, but rather "become what you really are" which *can* be something with the connotation of an animal, but everyone is different.
I don't know about you, but I'm neither vegetable nor mineral.

And then about destroying morality, I would just add that it isn't that a Satanist needs to totally abandon ethics after they find themselves by destroying morality since we still have values (just different ones). Rather we shouldn't base those on society and what it wants much less when it conflicts with self realization.

From earlier in the thread -
"2) Morality is any set of external dictates internalized as truth based on teachings alone."
That is how I define morality. Ethics are something totally different. This idea is fleshed out elsewhere.

Just wanted to share for a different perspective on the topic. As the OP said, Satanism is pretty diverse and so are the opinions.
This topic in particular tends to draw many sorts of opinions, from the brilliant to the bone-headed. I tend to read you toward the former, as a rule.

Kapalika

Premium Member
I don't know about you, but I'm neither vegetable nor mineral.

Nah, I'm an ameba! (I admit to stealing that joke)

From earlier in the thread -
"2) Morality is any set of external dictates internalized as truth based on teachings alone."
That is how I define morality. Ethics are something totally different. This idea is fleshed out elsewhere.

I'd agree they are different but not everyone makes a distinction and I wasn't sure where you were coming from or how far you were going with that definition. I just tend to be more explicit in it because people often assume lack of morality = no ethics.

I'll be sure to check out that link.

This topic in particular tends to draw many sorts of opinions, from the brilliant to the bone-headed. I tend to read you toward the former, as a rule.

Well, I never claim to be right 100% of the time :D