• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanic Views on Good & Evil

^-^ Hello everyone!
Many religions have their own views on what is Good and Evil. Many people from other religions think Satanist are Evil because they must worship Satan from the christian bible. Well this is false. Satanism is not devil worship from the christian bible. You can check my post "What is Satanism?" to learn more about that. In this thread I'll explain to you the views on Good and Evil in Satanism. With that being said, let's get started!

Satanists do not believe in the concept of good and evil. We believe good and evil are terms people twist that suites their own purposes. What you may think as Evil someone else may think as good. Vise-Versa.

For example: Neo-Nazi today believe in White Power and keeping their race pure from being mixed with other races. They consider others outside their race as lesser beings. They don't believe what they are doing is Evil at all...Why would anybody wants to think what they believe what they do is evil?! Nobody wants to be wrong and everybody wants to be right. These Nazis believe what is evil is promoting the idea of mixing races and losing their traditions as a race. So tell me does that make Neo-Nazis Evil? Well depends on your point of view and if you're one of them. If you are one of them then you'd think their purpose and intentions are good but if you are not and you oppose the idea of Nazism and promote all race equality then you might consider them Evil. You would think they are racist (Which they are) and criminals (Which not all of them are but there are some of those who do commit hate crimes and such). So the question is: "where does Satanism stand here?"

In Satanism, Good is what makes us happy and Evil is what harms us.
You might then be thinking, what if murdering another person makes you happy? Does that mean it's good in Satanism? Of course NOT!!! If you murder someone, you are not only harming someone else but you're also harming yourself. Going to prison for the rest of your life or facing the death penalty is defiantly consider self-harming and un-Satanic...

Satanism teaches responsibility to the responsible. Being responsible for your own actions.
It's a tool to be used to self-improve one owns life not throw it out the window.

Breaking the law and setting yourself up for failure is what we discourage in Satanism.
If the problem doesn't effect you then it's not your problem... In my Satanic opinion, you shouldn't be proud of your race, you should be proud of who you are and what you do. Your race has little to no weight on who you are as a person and what you do.

Hail Satan
Dark Blessings to you all! ^-^

Last edited:

Yoshua

Satanists do not believe in the concept of good and evil. We believe good and evil are terms people twist that suites their own purposes. What you may think as Evil someone else may think as good. Vise-Versa.
Hi Dreamy,

So, do Satanists believe that the Word of God is the Bible?
In Satanism, Good is what makes us happy and Evil is what harms us.
You might then be thinking, what if murdering another person makes you happy? Does that mean it's good in Satanism? Of course NOT!!! If you murder someone, you are not only harming someone else but you're also harming yourself. Going to prison for the rest of your life or facing the death penalty is defiantly consider self-harming and un-Satanic...
What are those "good" that makes a person happy for Satanist? What makes Satanist as evil that harm them?

Thanks

Hi Dreamy,

So, do Satanists believe that the Word of God is the Bible?

What are those "good" that makes a person happy for Satanist? What makes Satanist as evil that harm them?

Thanks

* Satanist believe the bible is made by man and the word of god is the word of man.

* As for what are those "Good" that makes a person happy depends on the person. Everyone is different. What makes me happy is loving those who deserve my love and attention. Caring for those who also care for me. What's "Evil" to me is when someone abuses my kindness and love in return. What's evil is if I allow them to continue to abuse my kindness and love.

I hope this helps ^-^

Yoshua

* Satanist believe the bible is made by man and the word of god is the word of man.
Hi Dreamy,

Therefore, the Bible is not the Word of God for Satanist. How about those Scriptures that describe about Satan, the devil and Lucifer?? What is your comment about this?

Thanks

Yoshua

Are you talking about the scriptures in Christianity?
Yes. The Holy Scriptures, the Bible. There are description on how Lucifer as the former Angel of Light rebelled against God in the book of Isaiah.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yes. The Holy Scriptures, the Bible. There are description on how Lucifer as the former Angel of Light rebelled against God in the book of Isaiah.

Thanks

The term Lucifer and Satan pre-dates Christianity.
A Levayan Satanist does not believe in Satan or Lucifer in the context of the Holy Scriptures.
Theistic Satanist and Luceferians do believe in the Deity Lucifer but not the same context that the Holy Bible suggests.
You should check out my post to learn about the Satanic Symbolism. You might learn some interesting things there if you're interested.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So essentially Satanists are very much about subjective morality?
I might not be a Satanist, but I can respect that.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
@DreamyAbaddon , do you happen to have any of your OWN philosophy to share? Anything to build upon and add to occult knowledge?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Of course, though I don't think I would consider them "occult" but it's defiantly knowledge alright. What would you like to know?

Indeed. While I appreciate the basics in this forum, there's also a sold and well read Left Hand Path community here, all of whom are familiar with LaVeyan philosophy. I'd be interested in more individualized, personal philosophy. For one possible example, how might your philosophy differ from another LaVeyan Satanist's? How do your views differ from when you first began study/practice?

Indeed. While I appreciate the basics in this forum, there's also a sold and well read Left Hand Path community here, all of whom are familiar with LaVeyan philosophy. I'd be interested in more individualized, personal philosophy. For one possible example, how might your philosophy differ from another LaVeyan Satanist's? How do your views differ from when you first began study/practice?

Interesting questions!
The thing is, I develop my own philosophy using the basis of Levayan Satanism but since it all comes naturally to me It's hard to tell what makes my personalized philosophy different from another levayan's personalized philosophy even though we start from the same foundation.

I guess what makes me different is I'm more forgiving than others. I try not to offend people even if I disagree with them. When I get insulted I generally try not to insult them but instead respect them which usually works in my favor since most people who are "human" would feel bad about their actions even if they dont apologize to me which satisfies me enough. I feel bad for losers who failed in life and missed out on opportunities when they had the potentials to make it big. Then I mentally picture myself in their shoes and it reminds me of something I don't want to be which as a result encourages me to strive better and take that opportunity they missed out on so I don't become like them and instead to become greater. I feed off negative influences around me as it reminds me of what I don't want to become and use that towards my advantage to becoming a better person in life and to achieve my desires.